The Student Room Group

Cie atp chemistry 2016

Scroll to see replies

yeah the starch was for indicator and for the experiment indicator, i was referring to abdullah igcse
Original post by chemistry igcse
btw sulphur dioxide produced is not an observation, its a conclusion. you had to write that potassium manganate turns purple to colourless

Original post by Abdullah IGCSE
Demon i was frightened of other investigations like finding the mass of a compound and percentage and the other types ive seen in past papers so i was quite frightened those would come in the exam so im glad they didn't but i feel as if the theory exam and multiple choice questions will be hard..

Abd- How lucky lol.
Chem- Yes that's what I wrote. As for starch it is used to emphasize the color changes in reactions. (I wrote catalyst) , indicator how? Beaker and stand. Yep. Potassium manganate(vi) turns from purple to colorless and NH4- ions was the correct answer.
For planning the titration I think Abd missed the safety measurements. You need that for full marks. I also wrote the same for pipette that it is only suitable for measuring fixed volumes. For the beaker and conical flask, I think the answer was that beaker has a wider opening which is more susceptible to spillage. :smile:
Reply 22
Original post by Abdullah IGCSE
they never ask for a specified amount laveeza personally im confident the only parts i feel i could lose marks would be at the advantage of pipette and the observation on sulfuric acid the rest im pretty confident about :smile:

thats good that you are satisfied the biggest thing is to be satisfied
Reply 23
Original post by 15demon
Abd- How lucky lol.
Chem- Yes that's what I wrote. As for starch it is used to emphasize the color changes in reactions. (I wrote catalyst) , indicator how? Beaker and stand. Yep. Potassium manganate(vi) turns from purple to colorless and NH4- ions was the correct answer.
For planning the titration I think Abd missed the safety measurements. You need that for full marks. I also wrote the same for pipette that it is only suitable for measuring fixed volumes. For the beaker and conical flask, I think the answer was that beaker has a wider opening which is more susceptible to spillage. :smile:

yeah you are absolutely right ......has anyone of you done igcse english 0580 42 listening paper or biology atp
Reply 24
Original post by 15demon
Abd- How lucky lol.

Are you giving mathematics 0580 paper tommorrow ???
Original post by laveeza
Are you giving mathematics 0580 paper tommorrow ???

Yes, I'm giving Mathematics 0580 paper tomorrow. I did give ATP biology, not listening (think you mean 0500*) , I gave the reading paper.
Do you have 0580 Paper 4 tomorrow as well? Good luck on it. (y)
nah safety measures are not required im 100% sure about that
Reply 27
Original post by 15demon
Yes, I'm giving Mathematics 0580 paper tomorrow. I did give ATP biology, not listening (think you mean 0500*) , I gave the reading paper.

yeah !!!!!! i have im very tensed!!!! good luck to you too ! do you remember any of the answers for bio the magnification ?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 28
nah safety measures are not required im 100% sure about that

yeah they are not very necessary but a stars students tend to write it ! whats your name cant call you chemistry igsce !???!!!!???? LMAO
Reply 29
Original post by 15demon

where are you from and any tips for math?!?!?!?!?!?
its just plain up stupid to write safety measures. there are many more important thing to write and i covered the whole space even after writing with my tiniest letters
Original post by laveeza
where are you from and any tips for math?!?!?!?!?!?
Check your inbox.
(edited 7 years ago)
demon send it to me too pls
demon send it to me too pls

Lol the exam is tomorrow morning. I'm watching these https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4L24Ez738g&index=3&list=PLZedh-Tvt0cW3CXRTZnCL2LaVH-VL-9rS like solving first then seeing the solution.
Also, make sure to practice using all of these tonight.
-->http://easyrevise.blogspot.com/2012/07/maths-all-formulas-needed-for-igcse.html <--
And of course practice quadratics (all 3), simple linear equations, & simultaneous equations. Skim through past papers, focus on your weak points, use ((igcsecentre.com/cambridge-igcse-past-exam-papers/)) or whatever site you're used to.
For weak points --> ( Exam Solutions or Explaining Math.com )
Lastly, if you have a revision guide book, read it before going to bed. I think that has helped me most.
Ask Lav to send a copy. My sent items are not showing for some reason. :smile:

Aaand here are some random notes.
Histograms are for continuous data, bars touch each other. In Bar charts they don't, used in categorical data. For unequal intervals on histograms, areasare proportional to frequencies and thevertical axis is labelled ‘frequency density’. Frequency density= freq/class width
Always draw lines of best fit.
Probability -
And = multiply (when two events are independent)
Or= add. (when two events are mutually exclusive -means can't occur at same time)
magnitude of a vector is 'square root of all it's components squared.'
Determinant of matrix is .. (attached)
Inverse of matrix is .. swap elements of leading (top left to bottom right) diagonal. Change the signs of elements in the other diagonal.
(edited 7 years ago)
thanks bro, are you feeling confident? how many past papers did you do today?
A bearing is angle measured clockwise from north direction.
simple trig ratios. SOH CAH TOA. (opposite, adjacent, hypotenuse) . Pythagorean theorem/ (of course)
Sine Rule :- A/sinA = B/sinB = C/sinC
Cosine Rule:- a2 = b2 + c2 - 2bc cos A.
Area of triangle = 1/2 (ab) sin C
Gradient of a straight line = change in y coordinate / change in x coordinate. Y1/X1
To find midpoint:- ([x1 + x2]/2 , [y1+y2]/)
Equation of a line= Y-Y1 = m(x-x1) or Y=mx+c
Gradients of parallel lines are same, gradient of a perpendicular line is negative reciprocal of the gradient of the line. So gradient of line k=x , gradient of perpendicular line f = -1/x
For equation of parallel lines :- You'll be given point (x,y) and equation of a line in slope intercept form. (y=mx +c). Since gradients are equal m will be the same for both equations. Use the given m. Substitute the given x and y values and solve for y intercept (c). Don't forget to write the final equation .
For equation of perpendicular lines:- Use negative reciprocal of given gradient. Do the same thing here now. Or you could be given two points. Solve for line passing through the coordinates. Then deduce equation of line, and then, solve for perpendicular.
(edited 7 years ago)
For mensuration:- Check out these formulas --> http://www.sciencehq.com/math-formulas/mensuration-formulas.html <-- You may need to know to convert between units of area and volume.
Sequences:- Arithmetic and Geometric
Arithmetic-> goes from term to term by adding or subtracting a number. (num- called common difference 'd') an = a + (n 1)d.
Geometric-> goes from term to term by multiplying or dividing by a number. (num-called common ratio 'r') an = ar(n 1):
a is always the first term. n is n.
<- This is the formula for sum of first n terms in arithmetic.
<- This one's for geometric

"F varies as x" means

"F varies jointly as x and y" means

"F varies as x + y" means

"F varies inversely as x" means

You can figure out the gradient of curves by drawing tangents and solving for their gradients.
For inverse function:- Change f(x) to y. Interchange x and y. Solve for Y.
gf(x) or g(f(x)) or any other similar notation means plug in f(x) in g(x) . e.g if f(x) = x+1 and g(x) = x^2 then plugging in f(x) in place of x in g(x) will give (x+1)^2 .
To everyone who gave paper 4 today.
Original post by 15demon

Indeed :smile:
Original post by 15demon

demon i feel as if the grade boundaries will be high on this paper even though i did well :smile: was the 5 mark probability question a combination?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending