The Student Room Group

No Whites Allowed: BBC

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hann95
"A caller from Dublin said white people are becoming an endangered species"

Come on now caller from Dublin.

'white people are on the verge of extinction' sounds better I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DMcGovern
Clearly another thicko jackeen, and they say the culchies are eejits :angry:

Looool well they call culchies idiots because they're not as pragmatic it seems since they're doing their own thing
It's the jackeens that're dealing with the constant influx and immigration so expect bitter sentiment
Original post by Tyreke
What do you mean? How should they have advertised it?

They shouldn't have made the restriction public. It's pretty acceptable given the nature of the role that a 'certain demographic' was going to be successful, but they shouldn't have said from the off that other people wouldn't be successful.

But I come from of a background of an industry where equal opportunities actively doesn't apply, so I guess I don't count :rolleyes:
Reply 23
Original post by Tsrsarahhhh
Look at the number of women or ethnic minoiries in Parliament( biggest example I can think of).

I'm not prepared to sift through 400 plus names and faces so if you could provide a link that would be great.

I don't think Parliament has a race issue, it is a class issue. How many of those MPs do you think are from working class backgrounds?
Original post by Farm_Ecology
East London. And in service and entry level jobs such as a private tutor.

Well east London I get ya there! Same with what I just said to DCMc about Dublin, the constant overwhelming almost immigration
Yea that's why I don't **** with London but there's a lot where I am too but I haven't felt disadvantage due to them, maybe for my personal flaws I don't get hired :\
Original post by Drewski
They shouldn't have made the restriction public. It's pretty acceptable given the nature of the role that a 'certain demographic' was going to be successful, but they shouldn't have said from the off that other people wouldn't be successful.

But I come from of a background of an industry where equal opportunities actively doesn't apply, so I guess I don't count :rolleyes:

True. But as it's BBC publicly funded...the public ought to know.
Original post by 0to100
Looool well they call culchies idiots because they're not as pragmatic it seems since they're doing their own thing
It's the jackeens that're dealing with the constant influx and immigration so expect bitter sentiment

are you joking? Kerry has the largest proportion of Muslims in Ireland :tongue:
Original post by Tyreke
'Targeted Recruitment'? Just because you give it a name doesn't make it morally right.I think it's common knowledge that the BBC have quotas in place, but many will be shocked to realise that some positions are seemingly 'off limits' to people because of the colour of their skin.
It's one way of preventing institutional racism - recruiting ethnic minorities is a good thing: it enables minorities to have a level playing field and increase their social mobility. If that means putting in place quotas to help them then fair enough.

Original post by Impressive
'white people are on the verge of extinction' sounds better I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Seriously?

As a result of the 2011 census the White British population was estimated 51,736,290 (81.9% of the UK total population).
Sounds like a real 'endangered species'.
Reply 27
Original post by 999tigger
Why have you started a whole new thread on this when theres already been one running for several days. Its not the BBC advertising its an initiative by a charity called creative access who are sponsoring some apprenticships/internships for under represented ethnic minorities to try and get into creative industries.

They are allowed to take this under the positive action provisions in s159 and s160 of the Equalities Act 2010. Such a misrepresentation of what the story is.

Didn't realise there was another thread. Yeah as a previous poster noted I didn't realise the role in which it was for, that does somewhat help me understand the thinking behind it.
Original post by Drewski

They are required to make it public. Its a few apprenticeships out of hundreds.
Reply 29

It's one way of preventing institutional racism - recruiting ethnic minorities is a good thing: it enables minorities to have a level playing field and increase their social mobility. If that means putting in place quotas to help them then fair enough.

I understand why you have come up with that point, but let's look at it from another angle. It's quite patronising to suggest that ethnic minorites won't get a job on their own merit so they need a 'helping hand'. Not saying you are suggesting that, but quotas and what not could be interpreted this way, don't you think?
Original post by 0to100
True. But as it's BBC publicly funded...the public ought to know.

My reading of it is that it's the organisation Creative Access that has provided the internship, it just happens to be with the BBC. Therefore the money comes from CA, not the BBC.

So the BBC being publicly funded is entirely irrelevant - it's not their vacancy.
are you joking? Kerry has the largest proportion of Muslims in Ireland :tongue:

Seriously?

As a result of the 2011 census the White British population was estimated 51,736,290 (81.9% of the UK total population).

Islam is one of the largest religions in Ireland total not just Kerry though, I'm sure it's overwhelming in Dublin too
Original post by Drewski
My reading of it is that it's the organisation Creative Access that has provided the internship, it just happens to be with the BBC. Therefore the money comes from CA, not the BBC.

So the BBC being publicly funded is entirely irrelevant - it's not their vacancy.

But it's with the BBC...

Seriously?

Exaggeration is often used to raise awareness of upcoming changes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 0to100
But it's with the BBC...

So?

If the money doesn't come from the BBC, then it's irrelevant.
Original post by PrincePaul57993
Yeah black people are runnin the BBC. Who is running it ?

Tony Hall - Director General

Director - Helen Boaden

Simon Burke - Non Exective Director

Dharmesh Mistry - Non Exective Director

Alice Perkins - Non Exective Director

Dame Fiona Reyonlds - Non Executive Director

Sir Howard Stringer - Non Executive Director

Tim Davie - CEO Managing Director - BBC Worldwide

Anne Bullford - Managing Director Finance

James Purnell - Director Stratergy & Digital

James Harding - Director News & Affairs

Mark Lindsay - - Director Studios

Yup. black people are taken over !!!!

You DO understand that UK is MAJORITY WHITE so the proportions will be higher for whites.....
Original post by Drewski
So?

If the money doesn't come from the BBC, then it's irrelevant.

??? It's the BBC Current Affairs team that is looking for work, I even posted the link
Original post by 0to100
??? It's the BBC Current Affairs team that is looking for work, I even posted the link

It's at the BBC. That's different. Your link clearly indicated that it was the organisation 'Creative Access' that are advertising the role. Not the BBC.
Original post by 0to100
But it's with the BBC...

So what? Ethnic minorities are under represented and they are just facilitating a few opportunities(out of many hundreds) to address that.
Reply 39
Original post by 999tigger
So what? Ethnic minorities are under represented and they are just facilitating a few opportunities(out of many hundreds) to address that.

Are they underrepresented? I'm not accusing you of lying but do we know if they are?

Do we have evidence that shows the racial demographic of BBC employees?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending