The Student Room Group

My dad says i am allowed to date anyone, just no muslims.

Scroll to see replies

the people on this thread, and their comments... i can t even.why am i on this site?
Original post by WoodyMKC
Depends. If you came through the door with a white muslim and he kicked off then you know he's just being a xenophobe.

Wuh? There are non-foreign white Muslims as well as EU Muslims...I even know some converts right here.
Original post by 0to100
Wuh? There are non-foreign white Muslims as well as EU Muslims...I even know some converts right here.

Don't mistake xenophobia for simply meaning a fear of foreigners - it's also a fear of foreign culture. I know a white British muslim myself btw so I'm well aware that they exist :smile:
I wouldn't mind in the slightest who someone dated, religion or no religion, white or not, as long as they have decent values. Dating someone because they are a member of a certain group and not because of individual characteristics seems an excellent way to make yourself unhappy. And for what exactly? To ensure the happiness of people you don't even like who live equally miserable lives.
Original post by BubbleBoobies
you've just admitted that muslims aren't allowed to date though :lol: you're really going to admit that but not admit that fathers essentially force their kids to marry who the father wants? you seem *really* naive. if we're talking about muslims whose parents were immigrants from muslim cultures e.g. pakistan, bangladesh, etc, then it is basically assured that they will do as their former culture demanded

Original post by Butternuts96
Yes muslims aren't allowed to date; what's your point? We have arranged marriages where our parents give us a choice to make between people they have found. But if we see someone we like then we can tell our parents (awkwardly) that we think we've found a potential partner.

Noone's forced into it; this happens not within muslims but within hindus and sikhs as well. It's a problem linked to the indo-pak region. But it's not a majority at all. It's a probably in the minority; I'm from these regions so I know this. You're white so you probably have no idea what goes on in my part of the world except your propaganda.

Also, forced marriages aren't valid under islamic law. If they don't have express consent, then it's forbidden for them to be together. The parents will get the sin for forcing the kids to get married.

Daaamn bruh, Butternuts handing out Ls O.O
Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob
I wouldn't mind in the slightest who someone dated, religion or no religion, white or not, as long as they have decent values. Dating someone because they are a member of a certain group and not because of individual characteristics seems an excellent way to make yourself unhappy. And for what exactly? To ensure the happiness of people you don't even like who live equally miserable lives.

Reasons why you're a good person.
Original post by HucktheForde
is he racist? :frown:

I thought muslims were not a race!

Don't all muslims think the same if they're reading from the same book.
Original post by redleader1
Its easier said behind a screen which is why so many people criticize muslims on this site.

Have you seen how violent muslims react to protests. It is not the fault of the british general public if they equate muslims with violence, muslims express their feelings through violence and anger.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 49
well, muslim fathers tell their daughters that they can't date non-muslims, so would all those muslim fathers be "racists"?

yes.

Original post by HucktheForde
is he racist? :frown:

yes.
Original post by ChaplinHat

If they all thought the same there wouldn't be about 200 sects.

I think the main states alone are divided by about 6 branches :lol:
Reply 51
well, muslim fathers tell their daughters that they can't date non-muslims, so would all those muslim fathers be "racists"?

Thats not exactly true. I know plenty of people who have gotten married to a non-muslim
Muslims= No dating
Muslim= Marriage

Get it? Please stop the ridiculousness now.
If they all thought the same there wouldn't be about 200 sects.

I think the main states alone are divided by about 6 branches :lol:

If the UK was all muslim, they/we would still be imploding with warfare, strife, tribulations and we would be nuking all the other muslim sects. The United Kingdom and Europe would be another Syria of the West, full of ruins, debris, shrapnel, military shells.

:lol: Islam is so great and it is such an intelligent and functioning culture, it makes so much sense to have 1000 different religious sects, killing one another for no apparent reason, other than disagreement over minor points of differences in opinion, Islam is so tolerant to disagreement and civilized debate. Islam is a progressive culture, it has a wonderful human rights record, it will lead us into a bright and happy future of united peace and freedom.
:lol:
(edited 7 years ago)
If the UK were all muslim, there would still be imploding with warfare, strife, tribulations and we would be nuking all the other muslim sects. The United Kingdom and Europe would be another Syria of the West, full of ruins, debris, shrapnel, military shells.

:lol: Islam is so great and it is such an intelligent and functioning culture, it makes so much sense to have 1000 different religious sects, killing one another for no apparent reason, other than disagreement over minor points of differences in opinion, Islam is so tolerant to disagreement and civilized debate. Islam is a progressive culture, it has a wonderful human rights record, it will lead us into a bright and happy future of united peace and freedom.
:lol:

It's not just an Islam thing, there's still fighting in Northern Ireland over religious and republican issues right now (with the North being Protestant and the South being very Catholic). Same with Judaism, or any ideology / group, there's never going to be just one interpretation. Some of those sects are just more violent and imposing than others.
It's not just an Islam thing, there's still fighting in Northern Ireland over religious and republican issues right now (with the North being Protestant and the South being very Catholic). Same with Judaism, or any ideology / group, there's never going to be just one interpretation. Some of those sects are just more violent and imposing than others.

Speaking of the present, all your references to History doesn't concern me, the oncoming tide is Islamic control over every little detail of everyone's lifestyle, our future will not be a happy one with your religion trying to control everybodys rights.

of course
Speaking of the present, all your references to History doesn't concern me, the oncoming tide is Islamic control over every little detail of everyone's lifestyle, our future will not be a happy one with your religion trying to control everybodys rights.

For a start, i'm not Muslim.

Secondly, the example I gave is present not historical.

Thirdly, depends entirely on which school of thought one subscribes to as above, the Sufis don't give a damn about what you do really.
1) that's what quotation marks are for. quoting. not stating myself.
2) well people generalise muslims as a race and therefore yell racism whenever anybody is critical of their religion so I guess we're both stuck.

Yes and I was quoting yourself...

Incorrect, we're both not stuck, you are. Simply because people 'generalise muslims as a race' doesn't mean it's correct to or that I must abide to that. Muslims have no race, neither do non muslims. Yes, it maybe perceived as discriminatory, but certainly not racism, this very notion is absurd.

Such drivel is rarely found.

Never have I heard such drivel.

It's impossible for people to interpret a text identically without an infallible being interpreting for them. Fortunately, this has occurred. The problem is, some followed and others didn't.

Quick Reply

Latest