The Student Room Group

I need to learn a 250 word speech in French for tomorrow...

I need to learn a 250 speech in French for tomorrow and I need to know the best way to remember it, because every way I know is not working!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ireallyneedhelpp
I need to learn a 250 speech in French for tomorrow and I need to know the best way to remember it, because every way I know is not working!

I normally type sentences out until they stick in my head.
I normally learn the first sentence (or phrase if the sentences are too long) , repeat it until I know it then learn the second and repeat the second until I know it. Then say the first and second together and keep going like this.
My friend once told me he dressed up in french clothes and ate lots of baguettes and it helped him gud luck
I recommend getting somebody to hold the piece while you write it out and mark where you struggle, and then practising it, focussing on those bits especially.
Original post by ireallyneedhelpp

Idk if it exists a miracle way but I'll tell you my way to learn

To start try to learn only the key words, it'll take less time. When you did so, read your text while recording your voice, and listen to it a few times, then try to recite it. Do so again and again until tomorrow

I used to do it for my english works when I was at 6th form (I am a french native) and it helped me a lot

Hope this helps :h:
Original post by xxEcchiMasterxx
My friend once told me he dressed up in french clothes and ate lots of baguettes and it helped him gud luck

what do you define as french clothes ?
Original post by FrenchUnicorn
what do you define as french clothes ?

Anything that looks kind of off, for example i've seen millions of french first hand wearing peculiar items of clothing such as jeans and a t-shirt. Does any other country wear clothes like this???? xd
You should drop French and just pick up Japanese, which is clearly a superior language as you can talk to lots of different waifus. gg
Original post by 36 Level Weeb
You should drop French and just pick up Japanese, which is clearly a superior language as you can talk to lots of different waifus. gg

I agree, i mean does anyone really speak french anymore? Any french people I've spoken to speak english to me, so it seems like the french language is sort of redundant. With anime becoming more and more popular it is obvious the upcoming generation will be speaking nothing but Japanese. xd
Reply 11
I agree, i mean does anyone really speak french anymore? Any french people I've spoken to speak english to me, so it seems like the french language is sort of redundant. With anime becoming more and more popular it is obvious the upcoming generation will be speaking nothing but Japanese. xd

More like Mandarin lmao..

As for OP, the idea about learning a line off by heart, then learning the second line and adding it to the first is a great one, always got me through German GCSE exams..

Good luck for tomorrow, try to get a good night sleep as well or you'll just forget it all!!
Mandarin is a fruit ROFL
Original post by 36 Level Weeb
Mandarin is a fruit ROFL

Wow ur acc so funny xd
Anything that looks kind of off, for example i've seen millions of french first hand wearing peculiar items of clothing such as jeans and a t-shirt. Does any other country wear clothes like this???? xd

Jeans and t-shirt ? Tbh I'm not even sure you are kidding :innocent:
I expected something about french fashion lol ! In Paris for example, people are quite edgy with their clothes

I do :rolleyes:

It's an official language in 29 countries so one would hope so.
Jeans and t-shirt ? Tbh I'm not even sure you are kidding :innocent:
I expected something about french fashion lol ! In Paris for example, people are quite edgy with their clothes

I do :rolleyes:

Ciao amico mio :wink:
Ciao amico mio :wink:

I'm a polyglot, I don't speak Italian tho, but my old friend G does it ! I'm fine thanks :h:

Spoiler

For my Spanish speaking last year (also 250 words) I recorded myself speaking it the night before, then I listened to it and read my speech at the same time for a while. Then I listened to it on repeat until I fell asleep. Then when I listened to it on the way to school I realised that I just knew it somehow, I had fully memorised it, it was amazing, the words were just pouring out! I got an A* for that one too :biggrin:
I'm a polyglot, I don't speak Italian tho, but my old friend G does it ! I'm fine thanks :h:

Spoiler

Pretty sure that's french i was speaking. My grandmother who lived in the Tuscany part of France taught me this french when i was growing up

Quick Reply

Latest