The Student Room Group

Cambridge IGCSE English Language (May 3rd 2016) official thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Angelil
Give it a rest. Cambridge will take no notice. I speak as an examiner.

Hahaha that's what I think as well but there's no harm in signing it haha.

It's unlikely for the grade boundaries to go down by a lot (maximum amount is probably 3 or 4 if we're lucky).

Posted from TSR Mobile
any tips for paper 3 tomorrow?
Hi guys! Just stumbled across this gem today.

https://twitter.com/daveg5478/status/727900846525194241

For any of you that want an unofficial mark scheme for Tuesday's exam (I believe this is the UK paper) :biggrin:
Actually, yes there is; it's a reading exam, after all. They're testing to see if you can interpret the text and read between the lines/understand the implicit clues in the text. The right answer was that the teacher did it. You will most likely be marked down if you say a student did it. But I have no clue how many marks you'd lose because of it. Also keep in mind that you're not alone; I've seen 4 people who got it wrong as well, so perhaps the grade boundaries will be slightly lower this year? I guess we'll have to wait until the 12th (of August) to find out haha
In the paper 3 Q1 letter today I forgot to sign off and just left it at my concluding paragraph with no name or 'yours sincerely' underneath, how many marks will I lose for this do you think?
Original post by oli19919
In the paper 3 Q1 letter today I forgot to sign off and just left it at my concluding paragraph with no name or 'yours sincerely' underneath, how many marks will I lose for this do you think?

2-3 max
answers for igcse listening papaer (0510) english as a secocnd language (42)
In the paper 3 yesterday I misread the text and though mr Schmit was still living in the countryside - so my writing may sound a bit weird as all in the wrong tense - ie. She doesn't like the slow internet vs she didn't like the slow internet.

How many marks will I lose
Reply 1268
Original post by I'm_infires
Yes I can tell you what you need to get in the exam if you know your coursework marks.

But lets say you got like 47/50 on average on the writing coursework and your s&l is 26, then you would need at least 27 in the exam to get an A overall.

Posted from TSR Mobile

hey, i got 35 in cw and 26 in speaking and listening how much would i need in the exam for a c
Original post by hq7
hey, i got 35 in cw and 26 in speaking and listening how much would i need in the exam for a c

Based on june 2015 grade boundaries you would need 20 for a C, 30 for a B, 40 for an A and 50 for an A* I think lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DamnDaniel2
Based on june 2015 grade boundaries you would need 20 for a C, 30 for a B, 40 for an A and 50 for an A* I think lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

What mark do you believe you shall receive out of 50?
Original post by hq7
so I kinda messed up on my coursework :/ I got an average of 35 and speaking and listening was 26,
how many marks for a b?

Then I think you need 39/50 to get a B.
Original post by oli19919

None. I asked my teacher as i forgot to sign off the letter aswell and she said as a cambridge examiner, they won't mark you down for it.
Original post by goldenusername
None. I asked my teacher as i forgot to sign off the letter aswell and she said as a cambridge examiner, they won't mark you down for it.

Excellent news, thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Redcoats
What mark do you believe you shall receive out of 50?

Hopefully around 40/50

Posted from TSR Mobile
For those without coursework, doing the components of paper 2 and 3 (21 and 31 I think) only, what do you think an A* wil be?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Worry not! Thats what the question asked..... "What was her husband's attitude and behaviour like? And what were her feelings towards it?"You are correct, because if you say u were mad at his behaviour its natural you would say u were mad because he threw a tantrum

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys sorry to be a pain but....

Im quite certain that Q1 BP2 asked ..... "What was her husband's attitude and behaviour like? And what were her feelings towards it?". Im like 99% sure this is the question and on the unofficial mark scheme http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4058147&p=64555479#post64555479 this is what it said the bullet point asked for. There was a lot of confusion regarding this, but Im sure this was what they asked. The DID want to know how you felt about your husbands behaviour.
Reply 1278
Original post by Hsevras
Guys sorry to be a pain but....

Im quite certain that Q1 BP2 asked ..... "What was her husband's attitude and behaviour like? And what were her feelings towards it?". Im like 99% sure this is the question and on the unofficial mark scheme http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4058147&p=64555479#post64555479 this is what it said the bullet point asked for. There was a lot of confusion regarding this, but Im sure this was what they asked. The DID want to know how you felt about your husbands behaviour.

The BP read 'Your thoughts and feelings towards your husbands attitudes and behaviour on the holiday'
There were some ood results. Rather low, and one person had As,in coursework and speaking, but got overall C. How can that happen?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending