The Student Room Group

You can't be truly great without going to Oxbridge

[or <insert best university in your country>]

Newton
Darwin
Einstein

You name them, they went to / had something to do with Oxford or Cambridge.

If you don't go to go Oxbridge you could end up a loser, just spending your days watching TV
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Well you'd better stay tuned then because I'm fabulous af and will become the world's best solicitor with zero connections with Oxford or Cambridge :h:
Reply 2
There were less options available for those people to be fair. There aren't many modern folks we regard as quite so "truly great", Oxbridge or not
Richard Branson didn't. Nor did Steve Jobs. :rolleyes:
Tell that to Mendel, Pascal, Faraday etc.

Also:

I guess there was no such thing as a great person before these universities were founded. How sad for Plato :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
Churchill
Reply 7
Original post by Platopus
I guess there was no such thing as a great person before these universities were founded. How sad for Plato :frown:

Correct. Plato was a pussy.
Reply 8
Original post by ByronicHero
Tell that to Mendel, Pascal, Faraday etc.

Also:

You stick to your funny little pictures. You will never achieve true greatness.
Reply 9
What do you do there - clean the toilets?
Reply 10
Original post by iEthan
Richard Branson didn't. Nor did Steve Jobs. :rolleyes:

They are not truly great like Newton or Darwin. Richard Branson's name will be forgotten in 200 years. Steve Jobs in 400 years. Newton, Darwin, Churchill, Einstein - never
Original post by Paradoc
They are not truly great like Newton or Darwin. Richard Branson's name will be forgotten in 200 years. Steve Jobs in 400 years. Newton, Darwin, Churchill, Einstein - never

:yes:
Oh. Well, I guess I'll never achieve greatness. All of my hopes and dreams have been dashed by you, stranger. :cry2:
Reply 13
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
Oh. Well, I guess I'll never achieve greatness. All of my hopes and dreams have been dashed by you, stranger. :cry2:

Do a DPhil init - piss easy to get in for. My dog could get into Oxford for a DPhil.
Reply 15
What if you do not leave in the UK, say an American?
Reply 16
Original post by ForestShadow

Sorry to burst your Russel group bubble, but I actually lived here
Einstein did his most important early work at Zurich and later at Princeton as well btw.
Reply 18
Original post by M14B
What if you do not leave in the UK, say an American?

oh dear

its LIVE

and read the first line of the post
Original post by Paradoc
Do a DPhil init - piss easy to get in for. My dog could get into Oxford for a DPhil.

If it is indeed 'piss easy' to gain entry to, how will it make me great? :unimpressed:

Quick Reply

Latest