The Student Room Group

Am I transgender or not?

You know I get no real anxiety over this. But then again I did grow up with my mom. She's like me. Only I am a little different. Like on the mental level I seem like the same as some of the people I've met in translation group and plus my T diagnosed me way back. But then the thing is I don't have any desires or wants. Like when I was a kid. It was like ahhh damn guess I'm stuck this way. And in general I want to be a woman. And I see myself as a woman. As far as my sexuality goes I like people based on their biological sex so the same goes for me. But like I could never do a relationship with a guy. I have never wanted a relationship with a guy. And in a sense it's always the wrong thing guys say. When they talk like about dating. And I don't want that. I don't really feel it would ever work. Because of I a bit feel like many of their bros do only I happen to like guys. I don't want to be the girl in a relationship. I am aware I am a female. But that just emphasizes. It doesn't seem though with sex that it's a problem. I am fine with my vagina and all of that. They're just parts I got used to a long time ago. I even want to be a mom at some point. I wouldn't mind pregnancy as long it's not deadly or anything. And in place I get lots of people all jealous about my body I have learned to be grateful. I don't really have any desire to any clothing or anything either I don't like dresses but I'm not repulsed to me that really won't change anything. I just have always known I was mentally like that but I don't want to kill myself over it or anything. I feel more like logically there's nothing I can do but make the most of the life I have.

Scroll to see replies

anyone?
Reply 2
Sounds like a clear-cut case of femme-agender aromantic hetero-demisexual, which I've helpfully abbreviated to 'Tumblritis':

Original post by Profesh
Sounds like a clear-cut case of femme-agender aromantic hetero-demisexual, which I've helpfully abbreviated to 'Tumblritis':

I'm not demisexual I am very sexual but I am picky... So I am a tad graysexual but I think I'm mostly allosexual.

That's the thing I see people as agender though... Like I don't really comprehend gender further than biological sex. Which is why I see myself as female. Anything else is just a matter of preference and personality.
Is it really that important to have a label?
Reply 5
Original post by Nickierose21
I'm not demisexual I am very sexual but I am picky... So I am a tad graysexual but I think I'm mostly allosexual.

That's the thing I see people as agender though... Like I don't really comprehend gender further than biological sex. Which is why I see myself as female. Anything else is just a matter of preference and personality.

Among dating websites, OkCupid is refreshingly progressive as regards the taxonomy of sexual orientation.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by tazarooni89
Is it really that important to have a label?

no I just am curious because I've got so many transgender friends but I don't relate with like feeling a need to crossdress outside and especially not in public. It's like if I did see that actions could change my gender I would see myself as a guy I guess but to me I just don't see things that way. I'm a bit hardwired into believing my genitals are what define my sex. All else just have to do with my personality.
Original post by Profesh
Among dating websites, OkCupid is refreshingly progressive as regards the taxonomy of sexual orientation.

Also I am not quite aromantic. I like want a boyfriend and eventually a husband but I just don't want to be the wife. Like I don't like certain gender roles at times.. I see myself as female due to my body but that to me doesn't mean anything else.
no I just am curious because I've got so many transgender friends but I don't relate with like feeling a need to crossdress outside and especially not in public. It's like if I did see that actions could change my gender I would see myself as a guy I guess but to me I just don't see things that way. I'm a bit hardwired into believing my genitals are what define my sex. All else just have to do with my personality.

I'd suggest not getting bogged down with all the various pieces of terminology then. Just live your life and engage in relationships however you see fit.
Also I am not quite aromantic. I like want a boyfriend and eventually a husband but I just don't want to be the wife. Like I don't like certain gender roles at times.. I see myself as female due to my body but that to me doesn't mean anything else.

"But like I could never do a relationship with a guy. I have never wanted a relationship with a guy. And in a sense it's always the wrong thing guys say. When they talk like about dating. And I don't want that. I don't really feel it would ever work. Because of I a bit feel like many of their bros do only I happen to like guys. I don't want to be the girl in a relationship."

I'm so confused.
I'm struggling to understand every post in this thread
Original post by Cremated_Spatula
"But like I could never do a relationship with a guy. I have never wanted a relationship with a guy. And in a sense it's always the wrong thing guys say. When they talk like about dating. And I don't want that. I don't really feel it would ever work. Because of I a bit feel like many of their bros do only I happen to like guys. I don't want to be the girl in a relationship."

I'm so confused.

what's so confusing?
what's so confusing?

I thought pointing them out side by side would make it evident.

It's contradictory.
Original post by Cremated_Spatula
I thought pointing them out side by side would make it evident.

It's contradictory.

nothing you quoted was contradictory at all. I don't want a relationship with a guy currently.
What exactly is your point?! **** or get off the ****ing pot.
Take me on a trip id like to go someday, take my to New York id love to see LA

Laaa Laaa Laaaa dee dahhh will you be my American boyy?

Lol the joke went way over your head.

So anyway.... you said you want to be a woman? Yet you already have a vagina, so I assume you are actually female. So.... how can you be transgender? I am confused.
(edited 7 years ago)
You have a vagina you are a woman. But you don't like guys, so you are a lesbian.
nothing you quoted was contradictory at all. I don't want a relationship with a guy currently.

"I like want a boyfriend and eventually a husband."

"I have never wanted a relationship with a guy."
Reply 19
Tumblr is full of pretentious drivel and self centred, egotistical arse wipes

Quick Reply

Latest