The Student Room Group

Emma Watson named in latest Panama Papers leak

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/05/revealed-emma-watson-named-in-latest-panama-papers-leak/

What a surprise. :rolleyes:

Another so called champion of women that ignores the complexity of intersectionalism. Her feminism is that of the "apolitical" women's party. A play thing for well off women and feminists that offers little to a working class single mother.

I bet it's hard being an opresed female millionaire.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ChaoticButterfly
http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/05/revealed-emma-watson-named-in-latest-panama-papers-leak/

Another so called champion of women that ignores the complexity of intersectionalism. Her feminism is that of the "apolitical" women's party. A play thing for well off women and feminists that offers little to a working class single mother.

I think she seriously thinks she's Hermione...
Hypocrite
Nah, she was just saving the money she lost from her wage gap.
It's just so funny how a young rich, beautiful talented woman who earns millions yearly goes around lecturing less privileged men about feminism and how women are far lower than men in the western world. LOL
intersectionality is *******s as well you know
Original post by banterboy

Yes because a single black working class mother who struggles to makes ends meet faces then same life struggles as a millionaire actress you gets paid slightly less millions than her male counterpart.
Yes because a single black working class mother who struggles to makes ends meet faces then same life struggles as a millionaire actress you gets paid slightly less millions than her male counterpart.

obviously not and yet intersectionality is still *******s
Original post by RezzBerry
Nah, she was just saving the money she lost from her wage gap.

The only gap I see is in the logic of half the crap she says.
Like during her UN speech she used the fact that "female African children" (like the whole continent is one congruent thing that can fit in her example) don't get educated...whilst ignoring that many African children IN GENERAL don't get educated! For reasons beyond ****ing "sexism". She did that to try to legitimise her "struggles" of being "sexualised" while "playing Hermione." The ****ing cheek. Harboring resentment because she ain't fit how Hollywood wants her to be fit-she's not and never was curvy for starters.
Original post by banterboy

Errr? No it ain't, that's not the point. The point is, people like Watson here, ignore the struggles of other people by whinging narrowly on about the struggles of women. And in so seeking "equality" for them they hinder, queue-cut, or outshine other social problems such as racism, the struggles of men in all communities particularly white and black, and poverty.

I love me some Harry Potter but WATSON did this very thing when she went on about the struggles of FEMALE African children. How dare she? Is her rich little brain clouded from the fact that there is poverty there?

And if you're white hold onto your bonnet because you're gonna be considered a "sellout cuck" for saying this...
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 0to100
The only gap I see is in the logic of half the crap she says.
Like during her UN speech she used the fact that "female African children" (like the whole continent is one congruent thing that can fit in her example) don't get educated...whilst ignoring that many African children IN GENERAL don't get educated! For reasons beyond ****ing "sexism". She did that to try to legitimise her "struggles" of being "sexualised" while "playing Hermione." The ****ing cheek. Harboring resentment because she ain't fit how Hollywood wants her to be fit-she's not and never was curvy for starters.

She's not curvy or funny, or even that good an actress, she's just a beautiful hypocrite.
Reply 11
I find this really funny

I was talking to someone about the Panama Papers and they recommended reading Treasured Islands: Tax Havens and the Men Who Stole the World. I haven't read it yet but I can't wait for it to come.

I do wonder what role her parents (lawyers) had in this though as her wages would initially be put into a trust fund. I am not surprised at this though because she has a strong PR team who keep her image squeaky clean but I've heard rumours she was dating people in their 30s when she was 17 etc.
Original post by Truthteller10
She's not curvy or funny, or even that good an actress, she's just a beautiful hypocrite.

I lost my respect for her when I read that bit in her transcript. I immediately translated it to, "ah so THAT'S what it is! She's got a bone to pick that Hollywood wants women to be sexy and probably prohibiting her from getting roles she wants because she ain't sexy enough!!! But ok let's go on about Africa right, sensationalise and legitimise her flimsy point with the obvious extremities of being black whilst conveniently ignoring the reasons." :rolleyes: Like don't shove that **** in peoples' face for a guilt trip to substantiate what you have to say, then barely touch on why.
Reply 14
Original post by Truthteller10
It's just so funny how a young rich, beautiful talented woman who earns millions yearly goes around lecturing less privileged men about feminism and how women are far lower than men in the western world. LOL

She's not talented or beautiful.

It always amazes me how so many native Brits have a vastly over-inflated sense of self worth. That Protestant humility is long gone.
Original post by Georg Hegel
I was talking to someone about the Panama Papers and they recommended reading Treasured Islands: Tax Havens and the Men Who Stole the World. I haven't read it yet but I can't wait for it to come.

I do wonder what role her parents (lawyers) had in this though as her wages would initially be put into a trust fund. I am not surprised at this though because she has a strong PR team who keep her image squeaky clean but I've heard rumours she was dating people in their 30s when she was 17 etc.

Back when prisoner of Az came out I saw crotch shots of her being drunken but this is no surprise, she's a child star and British, put that together you'll get drunkenness from time to time. I never get disappointed when I "learn" of these celebrities' bad behaviour.
Original post by 0to100
Errr? No it ain't, that's not the point. The point is, people like Watson here, ignore the struggles of other people by whinging narrowly on about the struggles of women. And in so seeking "equality" for them they hinder, queue-cut, or outshine other social problems such as racism, the struggles of men in all communities particularly white and black, and poverty.

I love me some Harry Potter but WATSON did this very thing when she went on about the struggles of FEMALE African children. How dare she? Is her rich little brain clouded from the fact that there is poverty there?

And if you're white hold onto your bonnet because you're gonna be considered a "sellout cuck" for saying this...

intersectionality makes unscientific links between the non oppressions of arbitrary groups and gas nothing to say about men that isn't down right disgusting.
Reply 17
Just another over-privileged, white, female libtard being a complete hypocrite... breaking news, moon lands on man.

Remember this one ?

Original post by 0to100
I lost my respect for her when I read that bit in her transcript. I immediately translated it to, "ah so THAT'S what it is! She's got a bone to pick that Hollywood wants women to be sexy and probably prohibiting her from getting roles she wants because she ain't sexy enough!!! But ok let's go on about Africa right, sensationalise and legitimise her flimsy point with the obvious extremities of being black whilst conveniently ignoring the reasons." :rolleyes: Like don't shove that **** in peoples' face for a guilt trip to substantiate what you have to say, then barely touch on why.

LOL, IKR. "I'm sh*t at acting and I'm not getting any roles, so let me pretend that i care and talk about african women being oppressed, and equate that to how women all over the world are oppressed. That'll show them"
She used to be cute but her political activity is quite stupid and annoying.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending