The Student Room Group

Radiography vs audiology?

Which has better job prospects? i applied to radiography and have already set my firm and insurance (firm bcu and insured bangor) but starting to have second thoughts. i'm considering applying for audiology at DMU or aston through clearing if i get my grades...
i know the pay is very similar so i'm not worried about that. which would be more rewarding? anyone with experience or friends in either subject??
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Alevels112288
Which has better job prospects? i applied to radiography and have already set my firm and insurance (firm bcu and insured bangor) but starting to have second thoughts. i'm considering applying for audiology at DMU or aston through clearing if i get my grades...
i know the pay is very similar so i'm not worried about that. which would be more rewarding? anyone with experience or friends in either subject??

Hi,

Our Audiology course has just been ranked in the top five in the UK buy The Complete University Guide. We are also ranked 29th overall in the UK. 66 places above BCU, 53 above Bangor and 25 above DMU. You can find the league table here.

Also if you have any questions about Aston or the clearing process let me know, it sounds like you may be applicable for the adjustment route come results day.

Josh
Reply 2
You need work experience in both and decide for yourself. Everyone is different.

Job prospects in radiography are excellent and with government plans to scrap funding, will only get better. You'll probably be working in a short staffed department when you qualify but your job will never be at risk and you will be pushed into further training as soon as you've completed your preceptorship period in your first job. You'll most likely be band 6 within 2 years of qualifying.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by FXX
You need work experience in both and decide for yourself. Everyone is different.

Job prospects in radiography are excellent and with government plans to scrap funding, will only get better. You'll probably be working in a short staffed department when you qualify but your job will never be at risk and you will be pushed into further training as soon as you've completed your preceptorship period in your first job. You'll most likely be band 6 within 2 years of qualifying.

What about audiology. I hear it is in a lot of demand both nationally and internationally. Also do you know anything about Cardiac Physiology? I would like to know how that compares to the other two.
Reply 4
You'll know better than me. Presumably you've done a bit of research in it.
Original post by FXX

Thanks, i think i will stick with radiography but may take a year out if i need to...
Reply 6
AUDIOLOGY at DMU came runner up in the category 'Teaching excellence' at the recent Guardian 2016 awards - no other Audiology programme in the UK has ever been nominated, so to come runner up in a category comparing all universities and all programmes, suggests that Audiology at DMU is one of the best....they are planning placement experiences abroad: Canada, America, Burma, India. Take a look at DMU global

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you work for DMU or something lol

Original post by advice123
AUDIOLOGY at DMU came runner up in the category 'Teaching excellence' at the recent Guardian 2016 awards - no other Audiology programme in the UK has ever been nominated, so to come runner up in a category comparing all universities and all programmes, suggests that Audiology at DMU is one of the best....they are planning placement experiences abroad: Canada, America, Burma, India. Take a look at DMU globalPosted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8
Just like to give the facts....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest