The Student Room Group

I want to be a billionaire so freaking bad

But I cant be bothered working hard.

Scroll to see replies

No one makes billions from working hard.

A small minority make billions from legit business.

The rest make billions through corruption, invasion of territory, market manipulation, etc

Generally, the more risk you take the more reward you could get. Invading Georgia might land you a comfy country house but if it fails you might get tried for war crimes.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob
No one makes billions from working hard.

A small minority make billions from legit business.

The rest make billions through corruption, invasion of territory, market manipulation, etc

Well mr trump worked hard for his billions.
Original post by phillipc

Most business experts seem to think Mr Trump has done a bad job taken in the full picture.

The guy had:
- The Trump name from his billionaire father.
- A damn good university education
- A small loan of a million dollars

Let's be serious. Donald thinks he's the centre of the world because daddy has been protecting him his whole life.
Reply 4
Most business experts seem to think Mr Trump has done a bad job taken in the full picture.

The guy had:
- The Trump name from his billionaire father.
- A damn good university education
- A small loan of a million dollars

Let's be serious. Donald thinks he's the centre of the world because daddy has been protecting him his whole life.

Don't you talk about the soon to be most powerful man in the world like that. :angry:

I hope trump nukes you when he becomes president.
Reply 5
Anything is possible if you are willing to work hard. Some may say that billionaires are just lucky. But we are not aware of the hard work and struggles they went through in order to become a billionaire.
Reply 6
Original post by Vivi11
Anything is possible if you are willing to work hard. Some may say that billionaires are just lucky. But we are not aware of the hard work and struggles they went though, in order to become a billionaire.

What bs. So can I walk to the moon if i work hard?
Don't you talk about the soon to be most powerful man in the world like that. :angry:

I hope trump nukes you when he becomes president.

Lol at Trump being the most powerful man in the world.

His power rests on finance, a simple freeze on his accounts would screw him. He's owned by the bankers. He has no power over an army, no loyalty in civil service, the people might have taken a liking to him but not enough to kill for him.

Really he's just a rich clown with as much power as most people who think power comes from wealth. It doesn't, power comes from trust by other people (like generals) which must be merited.
And amusingly Trump's assets aren't even that much, most of it rests on the inflated claims and (much like his ego) reputation of his name, which is what he inherited from daddy.

If people stopped taking Trump seriously he would vanish over night because his actual tangible assets are not that much. He's just a salesman.
Buy all of the things I never had.

I wanna be on the cover of Forbes magazine,
Smiling next to Oprah and the queen.
Original post by Paktriot
Buy all of the things I never had.

I wanna be on the cover of Forbes magazine,
Smiling next to Oprah and the queen.

Didn't realise it was a song :lol:

I pity people who's ambition is to stand next to the Queen and be on a magazine.
Didn't realise it was a song :lol:

I pity people who's ambition is to stand next to the Queen and be on a magazine.

I know right. But by next to, I think he means in the list of rich people.
I just want to be able to sleep 8 hours a night tbh.
Reply 13
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes

Buy a dog and sleep like a log. :biggrin:
Reply 14
I don't care about money, because I have money. :biggrin:
Reply 15
What does that even mean?
Original post by Alfed
Buy a dog and sleep like a log. :biggrin:
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes

Ay ay if it isn't the ice queen up at this time of night. What you freezing darl?
Ay ay if it isn't the ice queen up at this time of night. What you freezing darl?

Your soul.
No, he inherited from his grandmother.
It is always funny seeing posts by people who are not billionaires saying that it is impossible to get there with hard work.

Most people I know who come out with such drivel spend their whole lives on benefits.

When you sit down with multimillionaires it becomes clear that they are very driven individuals. Most billionaires do not set out to become billionaires, they end up there because they love their work. The money just comes with it. And most of them don't spend the money they do have because they are too busy working.

I wouldn't like to be one btw. Do you have any idea of how much security problems and paranoia they face? Look at Euguene Kaspersky and what happened to his Son.

There are 2 ways of being a billionaire. One is to surround yourself with an army, never go out, live a boring mundane life because everything is a security risk. Or put yourself in the spotlight. Musk is untouchable because any event would make the news and trigger immediate response. But then everything you do, eat, **** or spend on is on the news too.

**** that, no thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest