The Student Room Group

10 things you hate about yourself??

Scroll to see replies

Original post by moment of truth
I don't know you that well, but you seem like a decent enough guy :hugs:

loool you make me laugh! Seriously though, I actually do hate myself, a lot. Thank you for the positivity, as always Blondie! :jumphug:

I feel like that a lot too, but trust me, you are such an amazing guy and if you ever need to talk I'm here :smile:
Reply 21
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes

Oh and you're undoubtably amazing!

:rofl:
Oh, if only you knew me irl :lol:

Original post by moment of truth
I don't know you that well, but you seem like a decent enough guy :hugs:

Cheers buddy. Now, I would turn that around and apply it to you as well :yep:
:hugs:
Original post by Blondie987
I feel like that a lot too, but trust me, you are such an amazing guy and if you ever need to talk I'm here :smile:

Thank you for the kind words again! I still don't believe you though :colondollar: if you knew me better, you would probably feel completely different :tongue:

Thank you for the offer and same to you too! :smile:

Original post by nucdev
:rofl:
Oh, if only you knew me irl :lol:

Cheers buddy. Now, I would turn that around and apply it to you as well :yep:

Reply 23
Ugh so many negative people complaining about the most petty things. " I don`t like my thighs" "I don`t like my legs" "I don`t like my nose". Do you want people on this thread to give you compliments so you feel better about yourself? There are people who are born without limbs and are blind/deaf. Grow up and be grateful.
I hate that I don't feel like I actually have any real problems, I actually mean it as well, no desire for approval takes a lot out of your drive, just dabble in things that interest in me, cba for drama or insecurity. It's something a lot of people seem to say, but I genuinely feel I have reached such a state.
Reply 25
I hate myself for being a liar, especially to my parents. I love them very much, but I haven't been honest to them about my studies at all over the past few years. The consequences have caught up to me, as my future at university is uncertain. All I had to do was study diligently. But nooo- I procrastinated and wasted time, and here I am on the verge of having to repeat a year, despite consistent, wonderful guidance and advice from my mommy especially. I have hurt her so much, I don't know what to do. I feel so guilty. I needed to share this, and for me, the weight of my disappointment in myself surpasses the gravity of ten unfavourable things.
1) Everything
2) Everything
3) Everything
4) Everything
5) Everything
6) Everything
7) Everything
8) Everything
9) Everything
10) Everything
:h:
Reply 27
Everyone has insecurities. I have them too. I suffered with severe acne from a young age and trust me, I know what it is like to be judged on a daily basis. The amount of insults and abuse I experienced was just beyond horrible. I cried myself to sleep, constantly avoided going out and avoided mirrors at all costs. But guess what? Worrying about it is not going to fix the problem. I still suffer from acne, however instead of letting it take control of my life, I decided enough was enough and instead of wasting my time worrying about what others thought of me, I tried to the find the reason for my acne and the solution for it. Most people on here, are able to change their "insecurities", but instead of doing something about it, they prefer to hope on the sympathy train.
Original post by Salamandastron
Easy to say.
Of course being blind or deaf is obviously worse than not having a 'perfect nose' or whatever but do you know how soul destroying insecurity actually is? that people resort to going out at night so that fewer people can see them? the constant obsessing over appearance and fear of being judged? or the comments about physical appearance or the taunting or the bullying?
how about the many people that actually kill themselves over their appearance? such as those so mentally scarred by conditions such as acne and the side effects of such medication? or suicidal thoughts because you can't stand to look at yourself?
I see your point to an extent but please don't dismiss people's issues with themselves so easily, after all they wouldn't be issues in the first place if it didn't matter to them.
Reply 28
I don't hate anything about myself.
Tbh I can't find :redface: because of course there are loads of fact I DON'T LIKE about myself , it is not hate tho. Those little things make me who I am :redface:

So what I don't like let me think ..

I don't like the fact that I barely truly trust anyone
I don't like the fact that I am a very stressed person when it comes to studies
I don't like the fact that I seem to be the only one who cares about promises seriously
I don't like my asthma , because I LOOOVE running and it can be very annoying to breathe while running -__-
I can't think about something else rn but I'm sure there is more :rolleyes:

:bubbles:
1) I am exceptionally hedonistic and have done some highly questionable things in the name of pleasure.
2) I am a creature of habit. I get addicted to things very easily like drugs and food.
3) I love arguing. I argue with all my friends, especially the females. It all comes from a place of love though. Will play Devils Advocate for the sake of it
4) Insomnia. It's kills me. It eats away at my soul.
5) Procrastinator
6) I'm really good at saving money and even better at blowing it all.
7) A really low sex drive. It sucks.
8) Can't get it up when drunk.
9) I can't sing. I wish I can sick. Talentless Hezzlington.
10) I can only speak English despite having bilingual family. Useless Hezzlington.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by FrenchUnicorn
Tbh I can't find :redface: because of course there are loads of fact I DON'T LIKE about myself , it is not hate tho. Those little things make me who I am :redface:

So what I don't like let me think ..

I don't like the fact that I barely truly trust anyone
I don't like the fact that I am a very stressed person when it comes to studies
I don't like the fact that I seem to be the only one who cares about promises seriously
I don't like my asthma , because I LOOOVE running and it can be very annoying to breathe while running -__-
I can't think about something else rn but I'm sure there is more :rolleyes:

:bubbles:

Welcome back madame
Original post by hezzlington
Welcome back madame

Thank you :girl:
1. My nose
2. My eyesight (glasses can be such a hassle :frown: + my eyes are too big )
3. My legs
4. The fact that I can get extremely insecure at times
5. My stupid brain always trying to put me down (Is it just me, or does anyone else have this too?)
6. The way I always, always compare myself to other people
7. The fact that my skin screws up especially on the days where I'm counting on my skin to look good, it also doesn't help that in all my eighteen years of existence the only makeup I can do is lipstick and eyeliner, so that's no help for diverting attention away from my forehead.
8. The fact that I'm an extreme introvert and find it hard to talk to people I meet (although, I'm working on this..)
9. My height (Being barely five foot is not fun, but, it can have it's moments I guess)
10. Everywhere I go people think I'm 13-15 -_-

Anyone else relate to any of these?
nonono people don't do this :frown: it won't make you feel better.
Pretty much everything:colondollar:
This is one of the most depressing threads I have ever seen. D:
You name it I hate it :s-smilie:
Reply 38
Only ten??

I hate that I never know where to start

I hate the fact I can never sleep

I hate that I just eat for the sake of it

I hate my weak willpower

I hate not being able to do sports and stuff

I hate the fact that I look drunk once I get tired

I hate my voice

I hate my appearance

I hate the fact there are constantly lyrics going through my head

I hate that no matter how hard I try, I still **** everything up

Original post by cookiemonster15
1. My nose
2. My eyesight (glasses can be such a hassle :frown: + my eyes are too big )
3. My legs
4. The fact that I can get extremely insecure at times
5. My stupid brain always trying to put me down (Is it just me, or does anyone else have this too?)
6. The way I always, always compare myself to other people
7. The fact that my skin screws up especially on the days where I'm counting on my skin to look good, it also doesn't help that in all my eighteen years of existence the only makeup I can do is lipstick and eyeliner, so that's no help for diverting attention away from my forehead.
8. The fact that I'm an extreme introvert and find it hard to talk to people I meet (although, I'm working on this..)
9. My height (Being barely five foot is not fun, but, it can have it's moments I guess)
10. Everywhere I go people think I'm 13-15 -_-

Anyone else relate to any of these?

you're not the only one :h:

Quick Reply

Latest