The Student Room Group

Geography B GCSE - WJEC: How do I revise for it???!!!!

I have the revision guide that our school offered us but it is so useless. You might know which one I'm talking about, the revision notes one. It's terrible. I need help. I have learnt some case studies and am fine about them, it's just the content.

Any advice? What did you do if you've already done it? Any help will do thanks
Original post by hello654321
I have the revision guide that our school offered us but it is so useless. You might know which one I'm talking about, the revision notes one. It's terrible. I need help. I have learnt some case studies and am fine about them, it's just the content.

Hi! I moved this to the Geography forum for you - you're more likely to get a good answer here :biggrin:
Original post by Fox Corner
Hi! I moved this to the Geography forum for you - you're more likely to get a good answer here :biggrin:

Thank you !
Is it the white textbook you talking about?

Posted from TSR Mobile
hi. I am currently revising for this too, and I find that revision cards are really useful. I put the word on one side and the definition on the other. Then I play a game with my friends on who can answer the definition the quickest. For example the word would be quality of life and the definition would be a measurement of how happy and content we are. The first person to say that, or something similar wins and gets the point. Whether you're the person asking the questions or answering them with your friends, you learn off of each other and it is a great way to revise
Original post by Naomeyz_01
Is it the white textbook you talking about?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yes, the myrevisionnotes one. it barely has sufficient information and i always find myself jumping from text to text to gather info as there is none.
Original post by shaniahconnor
hi. I am currently revising for this too, and I find that revision cards are really useful. I put the word on one side and the definition on the other. Then I play a game with my friends on who can answer the definition the quickest. For example the word would be quality of life and the definition would be a measurement of how happy and content we are. The first person to say that, or something similar wins and gets the point. Whether you're the person asking the questions or answering them with your friends, you learn off of each other and it is a great way to revise

nice idea :smile: if you are learning the theory where are you learning it from? a website or a textbook?
I also draw diagrams on the cards with numbers at each point and on the other side, I will say the process, where the numbers are located. For example, I drew a cliff, turning into a stump, and on the other side wrote:
1. crack - hydraulic action
2. cave - continue making a cave
3. arch - water erodes through the whole cave and becomes an arch
4. stack - arch ceiling caves in leaving a stack
5. stump - water erodes the sides of it, top collapses
well, I learnt the theory from the wjec text book we have at school, and then wrote all my revision cards from my work book
:biggrin:
Original post by shaniahconnor
well, I learnt the theory from the wjec text book we have at school, and then wrote all my revision cards from my work book

oh yeah i forgot i could use my school book too, i've just been using guides. thanks :smile:
Reply 11
what would you say will be the case studies that will come up this year? because i was trying to work it out and i wasnt too sure although i think that Boscastle will come up as it did come up every other year
Original post by emsypol
what would you say will be the case studies that will come up this year? because i was trying to work it out and i wasnt too sure although i think that Boscastle will come up as it did come up every other year

One of my teachers predicts that a case study about coastal landforms may appear and possibly something about a sustainably city, but I guess anything could crop up.
Reply 13
Original post by Bowkettle
One of my teachers predicts that a case study about coastal landforms may appear and possibly something about a sustainably city, but I guess anything could crop up.

ah cool thanks
Original post by hello654321

Those white revision guides are awful! There's no content in there whatsoever. I have been using a site called ace geography which has all of the content and is a much better way to revise!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending