The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Long live my Palestine - never will I, or my people tire until our land is ours again
Reply 102
Original post by sammy1001
Created by Israel? The land belongs to Palestine and only Palestine. OUR land has been stolen from us and my Palestinian people are being crucified.

Tell me, who is going to create your state? Nobody has helped you since 1948. You won't get anything with that attitude.

Israel was created after a UN resolution that was ignored by Arabs who decided to attack Israel instead. They were defeated and many Arabs lost their land as a result. Palestinians would still have their land if they - and other Arab states - hadn't attacked Israel.
Created by Israel? The land belongs to Palestine and only Palestine. OUR land has been stolen from us and my Palestinian people are being crucified.

Righteous displays of indignation won't create a Palestinian state. The reality of the situation is that you will have to make some kind of deal with the Israelis, regardless of what they've done in the past. Will it be easy? No. But it's the only way the Palestinians are going to get any kind of state, regardless of your appeals to nationalist sentiment.
Reply 104
Original post by Hydeman
Leaving aside the transgressions of the neighbouring Arab countries, it's not feasible to claim your state's right to exist on the authority of the UN, and to then proceed to ignore further resolutions by the same body. You either believe that UN resolutions are authoritative enough to allow people to claim land that already has other people on it, or you don't. What the Arabs have done is a separate matter altogether.

Israeli want Arabs to recognise their right to exist first, as stated by the first UN resolution on the area. Then, they will follow other resolutions.

As long as Arab states will stay in denial, Israel will do what it wants.

Israel is able to negotiate. I mentioned above the case of Sinai. They withdrew from this territory that was thrice as large as Israel. They also abandoned their only oil fields; they forced settlers to leave their colonies; and left their military bases in the peninsula. All of that for a peace treaty.
Reply 105
Original post by ranz
palestine. im not supporting the nazis 2.0

Posted from TSR Mobile

A well balanced statement. :yy:
Original post by admonit
I see that so actively supported by you Palestine bill failed? Maybe in this poll you will find consolation.. :smile:

How petty are you that you find my comment among hundreds and make a little snipe at me?

****in child.
Original post by Josb
Israeli want Arabs to recognise their right to exist first, as stated by the first UN resolution on the area. Then, they will follow other resolutions.

As long as Arab states will stay in denial, Israel will do what it wants.

I know Israel's position. What I'm disputing is whether this is a legitimate position, given they derive their right to exist from a UN resolution. Do they have the right to impose conditions on abiding by UN resolutions? If they do, then couldn't others use the same excuse, essentially making the resolutions worthless and subject to the arbitrary whims of nation states?

Israel is able to negotiate. I mentioned above the case of Sinai. They withdrew from this territory that was thrice as large as Israel. They also abandoned their only oil fields; they forced settlers to leave their colonies; and left their military bases in the peninsula. All of that for a peace treaty.

Yes, I agree that they are able to negotiate, but I'm not sure to what extent they are willing to do this with the elected representatives of the Palestinians because, and correct me if I'm wrong because my memory isn't too clear, didn't they refused to negotiate with Fatah because it didn't represent the Gazans, and then refused to negotiate with the unity government because they objected to Hamas's presence in it?
(edited 7 years ago)
La aerif ay shay hadhih alhamir :facepalm:

Grow up. If you can't have a civil discussion, just leave. There's no need to spew insults in Arabic.
Original post by Hydeman
Grow up. If you can't have a civil discussion, just leave. There's no need to spew insults in Arabic.

Do you even know what I wrote?
palestine:pal:
my home, Palestine ...
insha'allah we will be free again
Reply 112
Original post by Hydeman

Yes, I agree that they are able to negotiate, but I'm not sure to what extent they are willing to do this with the elected representatives of the Palestinians because, and correct me if I'm wrong because my memory isn't too clear, didn't they refused to negotiate with Fatah because it didn't represent the Gazans, and then refused to negotiate with the unity government because they objected to Hamas's presence in it?

They refused to negotiate as long as there were terrorist attacks, which was a convenient way for Netanyahu to reject any peace talk - and even bury the Oslo Accords - and for Hamas to sabotage Fatah's efforts for continuing the peace process.

Netanyahu - and Israel to an extent - has never made any concession first. His way of negotiation is really difficult to deal with; American diplomats universally hate him. The crazy thing is that he is actually a moderate; since the collapse of the Labour in the 1990s, Netanyahu is in the centre. He will therefore continue to dominate Israeli politics for another decade.
Original post by Hydeman
You say that as if you can't be found on every thread to do with Israel, Jewish people, and Judaism generally, taking the most predictable positions. :rolleyes:

My posts are less predictable than your attitude to Israel. :cool:
Original post by ranz
palestine. im not supporting the nazis 2.0

Yeah, you don't support neither nazis 2.0 nor nazis 3.0.
You support nazis 1.0 = Nazis.
Original post by admonit
This is your post which is so difficult to find, idiot?

You're stupid and spiteful dwarf.

Tis a great picture :biggrin:

So I'm stupid and spiteful one for posting a single picture.

I've posted a picture. You've come along and just made a load of snide, provocative comments.

We all know who the spiteful one is.
Original post by DMcGovern
Tis a great picture :biggrin:

So I'm stupid and spiteful one for posting a single picture.

I've posted a picture. You've come along and just made a load of snide, provocative comments.

We all know who the spiteful one is.

If you are so easily provoked than you are stupid.
If you so easily start personal attacks than you are spiteful.
It's simple. :cool:
Why am I not surprised that the very people comparing Israel to Nazi Germany are the very people who are the first to resort to Islamophobia. #Regressiveleft
Both shitholes :biggrin:
Reply 119
Israel, I'll never side with Hamas terrorists