The Student Room Group

Turkey, Albania and Macedonia will be joining the EU

Turkey, Albania and Macedonia are all muslim countries. Europe will be islamified through legitimate channels irrespective of refugees.

Scroll to see replies

When will this be? You dont link anything but you make it sound like its happening tomorrow.

It appears Turkey have been begotiating to join since 1987.
To be admitted they have to gain agreement on 35 different areas.
In just under 30 years they have only talked about 16 of those areas.
They have achieved agreement on 1 area.

Be a long time yet before they get to join.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 999tigger
When will this be?

Capture.PNG
Which countries are waiting to join the EU?

Turkey and the Balkan states of Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia and Albania are now waiting in line to join the EU.

The EU has now promised to "re-energise" Turkey’s bid to join in return for helping to deal with the ongoing migrant crisis.

Turkey, which has 75 million citizens, first applied to join what was then the European Economic Community back in 1987.

The Link I posted is waiting for approval.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ChaplinHat
Capture.PNG
Which countries are waiting to join the EU?

Turkey and the Balkan states of Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia and Albania are now waiting in line to join the EU.

The EU has now promised to "re-energise" Turkey’s bid to join in return for helping to deal with the ongoing migrant crisis.

Turkey, which has 75 million citizens, first applied to join what was then the European Economic Community back in 1987.

The Link I posted is waiting for approval.

Op failed to answer the question and so does your map. Toy both opened new scok puppets just for this thread?
(edited 7 years ago)
Waiting to join and actually joining are two different things. Let's wait until the negotiations are complete before worrying about an expansion of the EU.
Original post by brevic2000
Turkey, Albania and Macedonia are all muslim countries. Europe will be islamified through legitimate channels irrespective of refugees.

Macedonia is not a Muslim Country and Albania only has 2.7 million people in the whole country with about 1.5 million Muslims. They won't change much but Turkey would be a disaster to let in with the refugee crisis and lack of freedoms and lack of respect for human rights.
I always thought Albania was part of the EU, there's so many in my area. Brexit!!!!
Reply 8
Original post by Sebastian Bartlett
Macedonia is not a Muslim Country

One third of the population and almost half of new births are Muslim.
Macedonia is majority Christian, and Albania is about as Muslim as France is Catholic, i.e. they are nominally the majority religion, but the country is both de jure and de facto very secular. In fact, if anything, that's slightly unfair on Albania, whose Christian minority is both larger (relatively) and more longstanding and established than any religious minority in France.
Turkey will never fulfill the requirements to join, in fact they're going in the opposite direction and becoming less and less democratic.

Leaving aside what was said in anarchism101's post there's also the matter of Macedonia's ongoing row with Greece.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accession_of_Macedonia_to_the_European_Union#Controversy
Original post by Josb
One third of the population and almost half of new births are Muslim.

Exactly, so not Muslim and I would leave to see where you found those rubbish birth figures from.
Veto
Reply 13
What are you trying to achieve? You do realise 100% of IN voters want them to join the EU? Who are you trying to convince?
Reply 14
Original post by Aceadria
Waiting to join and actually joining are two different things. Let's wait until the negotiations are complete before worrying about an expansion of the EU.

You miss the point. After voting IN (which is confirmed the result), there will not be another referendum and therefore we need to consider the future of the EU where these countries and many more will join
Original post by brevic2000

I hope not
I didn't realise the European Union was based on religion...
Reply 17
Original post by Sebastian Bartlett
Exactly, so not Muslim and I would leave to see where you found those rubbish birth figures from.

They are at least partially Muslim.

The "rubbish" birth figures come from the Republic of Macedonia State Statistical Office's Macedonia in Figures (2012), online here: http://www.stat.gov.mk/Publikacii/Mak_Brojki_2012_A.pdf

Page 14: if you add Albanians (7,727), Turks (1,046), and Roma (1,574), you get 10,347 Muslim births per year, on a total of 22,270 overall. So, 46.4% of newborns are Muslim.

Before you say that not all of them are Muslim, you must also take into account that there is a minority of Muslim ethnic Macedonians - which does not appear in the statistics, so the number of Muslim births could be higher.

You're welcome.
The Albanians are also very pro-Western.

There's a statue of Bill Clinton in Kosovo ffs.
Original post by Omen96
What are you trying to achieve? You do realise 100% of IN voters want them to join the EU? Who are you trying to convince?

Do they?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending