The Student Room Group

How do you revise consistently without getting bored/distracted?

I have three Uni exams and I I'm trying to cover all of the material so that I have a few days to just go over it before the exams instead of just having one day. Problem is I would need to cover three lectures a day and when they lecturers are boring and can't explain things properly this can be very hard and take very long.

How can I do this as quickly as possible with as little distractions as possible? I'm thinking of starting to take breaks and follow the advice of drinking much more water etc. What are your tips?

Maybe this thread will help others.
Original post by eagleclawsan
I have three Uni exams and I I'm trying to cover all of the material so that I have a few days to just go over it before the exams instead of just having one day. Problem is I would need to cover three lectures a day and when they lecturers are boring and can't explain things properly this can be very hard and take very long.

How can I do this as quickly as possible with as little distractions as possible? I'm thinking of starting to take breaks and follow the advice of drinking much more water etc. What are your tips?

I like to use flash cards on quizlet for memorisation as it makes it more interactive.
- do different things, not just one method of revision
- take proper breaks regularly, get up, move around, leave the area and do something else
- set a target of quantity of work to finish and have a reward for when you're done
Original post by eagleclawsan

a lot of lectures are useless in terms of the actual exams. lecturers tend to favour specific topics/lectures instead of all of them for their questions every year. questions may be of a similar format, instead of trying to learn everything in lectures, go over past papers to identify trends and organise your revision accordingly to said trends
Original post by GreenOut
a lot of lectures are useless in terms of the actual exams. lecturers tend to favour specific topics/lectures instead of all of them for their questions every year. questions may be of a similar format, instead of trying to learn everything in lectures, go over past papers to identify trends and organise your revision accordingly to said trends

It's worth noting this can be a risky move, I have done this before only to find out in an exam everything about the exam and topics were completely different to past papers and what lecture content seems to focus on.

@OP at least you only have to cover 3 lectures a day. For my last exam I had 3 days to revise for it after my second to last exam and there were over 30 lectures to cover.
Original post by SophieSmall
It's worth noting this can be a risky move, I have done this before only to find out in an exam everything about the exam and topics were completely different to past papers and what lecture content seems to focus on.

@OP at least you only have to cover 3 lectures a day. For my last exam I had 3 days to revise for it after my second to last exam and there were over 30 lectures to cover.

decisive (potentially risky) action has to be taken when time is so scarce... I've been in the same boat as you however I have found that when the exam has been totally flipped, that learning from the past papers still gives you a decent enough understanding that you can blag your way through the exam hoping for the best lol
Original post by SophieSmall

That sounds awful :frown:

Original post by GreenOut
decisive (potentially risky) action has to be taken when time is so scarce... I've been in the same boat as you however I have found that when the exam has been totally flipped, that learning from the past papers still gives you a decent enough understanding that you can blag your way through the exam hoping for the best lol

I may have to play it risky for some of my other exams

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending