The Student Room Group

Reasons why single girls reject your advances?

I've asked some girls who I know are single out for a drink/meal before & they've completely blanked me. Even after having a good conversation before & then dropping it in. Is the main reason because you're ugly? Maybe they just don't want a relationship at that moment of time? I thought I might as well try & make a move as you never know & if I thought about it too long without taking any action some other guy would. Just curious on this issue? Thanks :smile:

Scroll to see replies

To put it bluntly - they don't want ya.
Because they don't like you at all and have no respect for you, you don't matter to them. Plus they think you are ugly.
Reply 3
I wouldn't say its because they automatically think you're ugly. You can find someone attractive and get on with them yet still not want to date them. I think its more they just don't feel that spark or connection with you. They could also have their eye on someone else or maybe they aren't ready to be with anyone in a dating situation yet due to personal things going on in their life. I wouldn't jump to the "it must mean I am ugly" card straight away.
(edited 7 years ago)
You need to stop assuming single girls are single because they can't get anyone and should therefore be up for it with the first person that asks them out...

There could be many reasons as to why they reject you - maybe they prefer being single, maybe they don't like you romantically?
Get rekt
Reply 6
It's not exactly a compliment knowing that a guy only wants to date you because he knows you're single, he's bored, and/or he hasn't gotten validation in a while
You may be coming across as that "just a friend" guy. Change of approach is in order if so.
I can't get guys or girls but it could be your lack of confidence or it could be that these girls think you're interested in getting to know them but then change their minds after you ask them out thinking you're just interested in dating them? Do you know these girls before asking them out?
Reply 9
Original post by WoodyMKC
You may be coming across as that "just a friend" guy. Change of approach is in order if so.

But that just a friend guy for me usually ends up in finding out the girl has feelings for me. Half the time I don't have to do anything.
Because you're not as talented as you think you are.
Reply 11
I think its is down to the fact that you assume these single ladies should go out with you because they are single. Drop the attitude and you will find more luck in finding a date/girlfriend
Could be, but you're doing it wrong anyway.
Original post by Clockrice
Because they don't like you at all and have no respect for you, you don't matter to them. Plus they think you are ugly.

There was no need to be so harsh on the OP. That was unnecessary.
Original post by Loosey Goosey
There was no need to be so harsh on the OP. That was unnecessary.

I guess you are correct. I mean I think the OP is rather cute. :colondollar:
I've done it because it's obvious just how desparate they are.
Original post by bammy jastard 27
But that just a friend guy for me usually ends up in finding out the girl has feelings for me. Half the time I don't have to do anything.

That's not a "just a friend" guy then, is it :rofl:
A good first step is to stop being Indian.
Original post by Multitalented me
I've asked some girls who I know are single out for a drink/meal before & they've completely blanked me. Even after having a good conversation before & then dropping it in. Is the main reason because you're ugly? Maybe they just don't want a relationship at that moment of time? I thought I might as well try & make a move as you never know & if I thought about it too long without taking any action some other guy would. Just curious on this issue? Thanks :smile:

do you even :dumbells: brah?
Reply 19
Original post by WoodyMKC
That's not a "just a friend" guy then, is it :rofl:

Well depends on whether I pursue it or not(most of the time I don't). In all honesty OP just judge the girl you are speaking to and their actions and see whether it's worth it.

You also don't have to do it straight away.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending