What was your value for resistivity ?
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ToxicPhantom007
Hi everybody ?
How did your exam go ?
Mine went really well unlike chem u3 :V

Well mine went good the resistivity was 1.38x10*-6 wbu?
Mine was 1.14 x 10*-6
almost same
Reply 3
Hi everybody ?
How did your exam go ?
Mine went really well unlike chem u3 :V

It was great, better that yesterday chem 3. What did u write on how to keep current constant? and the other question about "comment on her plan" For resistivity I got some 1.03x10^-6. something very close to that, I don't remember exactly.
Reply 4
For her plan I calculated the percentage uncertainty which was about 12% and said that it was too high, also to keep current constant with a variable resistor
What did you answer for the vernier calliber question
Original post by Sunethra
It was great, better that yesterday chem 3. What did u write on how to keep current constant? and the other question about "comment on her plan" For resistivity I got some 1.03x10^-6. something very close to that, I don't remember exactly.

To keep current constant, use variable resistor
and in that question, i wrote that the student's plan is unreliable because human reaction time is involved. she should use light gates to improve reliability of her results.
my percentage uncertainty came like 15.8 % somethin
for vernier caliper is was A (10.27 cm )
Reply 7
To keep current constant, use variable resistor
and in that question, i wrote that the student's plan is unreliable because human reaction time is involved. she should use light gates to improve reliability of her results.

I said use variable resistor too. I got the Vernier caliper question wrong. I think its A. I said exactly the same this. Human reaction, light gates and also calaulate the distance
Reply 8
When will we have a mark scheme?
Reply 9
What about the mcq on the si deprived quantity. is it velocity or pascals?
I chose pascals. I'm really doubtful about it :/
Original post by iWant.A
When will we have a mark scheme?

Not sure :?
I chose pascals. I'm really doubtful about it :/

It was velocity pascals is unit not quantity
did anyone get their gradient as 4.5?
I made a major error.... i used the diameter on its own as area. how much do you guys think ill get out of 4?
For keeping current constant i mentioned using a power pack set at 0.11A. Any chance its correct?
Reply 14
Original post by tejsanghavi
I made a major error.... i used the diameter on its own as area. how much do you guys think ill get out of 4?
For keeping current constant i mentioned using a power pack set at 0.11A. Any chance its correct?

Yeah I got my gradient as 4.444 recurring.
You probably lost 2 marks coz you didnt divide by 2 (lose 1 mark) and your overall answer is incorrect (lose another mark).

Idk about your answer for the constant current one, but from past papers, I think to maintain a constant current, you use a variable resistor.
Original post by tejsanghavi

I got gradient at 4.91, I did again using different figures and it came to 4.88.
Original post by MrBioBombastic
It was veloc
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 17
Alright I got gradient as 4.54 recurring, rounded off to 4.55. My resistivity value was 1.12x10^-6. Do you think my answer fits within the range of possible values?
Also, my graph didn't go through the origin, will I lose a mark?
1-Relation b/w graph2-Which is Derived SI quantity3- Reading From Vernier Caliper4-Free Fall of ball find G5-Find Mean 6- (a)Find Range(B) Percentage uncertainty (C) how far her results were reliable7- Design Experiment to measure Refractive Index of Rectangular8-a How to measure Diametre of wireB how to keep current constantC: fill values in tableD:Plot graphE find gradientF Find resistivity G why the resistivity of same wire was different from ur calculated value assuming all calculations are correct
Reply 19
The refractive index experiment was heavenly.

Quick Reply

Latest