The Student Room Group

Igcse human biology may 2016

Hi guys, anyone else doing this subject? I'm doing it through distance learning. How's everyone feeling about the exam. What are your revision techniques?

Scroll to see replies

yeah I am doing it, I just study a lot of notes. I did well for mocks but I am too stressed to do well for the main exam which is on the 11th.
Reply 2
Original post by DangerousBro
yeah I am doing it, I just study a lot of notes. I did well for mocks but I am too stressed to do well for the main exam which is on the 11th.

I've memorised the student book and done several past papers. I'm guessing the examiners will want to make our lives a misery hahahahaha
Original post by harveytom
I've memorised the student book and done several past papers. I'm guessing the examiners will want to make our lives a misery hahahahaha

Hi,
the paper was ok but I messed up, the potato question tricked me into thinking it was active transport and the sperm cell, I forgot about the nucleus and wrote vesicle.
Reply 4
Yeah I had no idea on the potato question, luckily I realised in the last dying seconds about the nucleus in the sperms head
Hey what was the purpose of tube C
boiled food and ph
Original post by Dandan11
Yeah I had no idea on the potato question, luckily I realised in the last dying seconds about the nucleus in the sperms head

hey can you tell me about the tubes one tube c and B
Original post by bilalmalik283

The boiled tube was control. I keep realizing how badly I have messed up after doing well for mocks.
The boiled tube was control. I keep realizing how badly I have messed up after doing well for mocks.

control what
i wrote that tube C was kept for comparison boiling could have denatured enzymes and killed bacteria so thats why the indicator was green
because bacteria was killed in boiling and could break down foods into acids
control what
i wrote that tube C was kept for comparison boiling could have denatured enzymes and killed bacteria so thats why the indicator was green

yeah that's what I wrote.
And what was the potato thingy osmosis and what was to be controlled in potato experiment
yeah that's what I wrote.

Could you add me on whatsapp 00971508955257
or email facebook me [email protected]
and it was
Reply 12

I honestly cant even remember what that question was about. I havent seen anything like it before - wrapping the potatoes up and then unwrapping them?? What is all that about??
I honestly cant even remember what that question was about. I havent seen anything like it before - wrapping the potatoes up and then unwrapping them?? What is all that about??

we can discuss if you have time

dan come in private message
Reply 15
control what

I wish my answer was this scientific
Reply 16

i put to remove any excess water so that all potatoes had the same amount and also to remove any foreign substances which could affect the results. what did you put for which 2 controls should be kept constant? oh and genetics question? wtf? i waffled and waffled.
What do you think will come up on friday? i reckon definitely the eye as it didn't come up today and probably some nonsense from the environment and another stupid experiment
ah friday will suck
Paper 2😣
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by harveytom
i put to remove any excess water so that all potatoes had the same amount and also to remove any foreign substances which could affect the results. what did you put for which 2 controls should be kept constant? oh and genetics question? wtf? i waffled and waffled.
What do you think will come up on friday? i reckon definitely the eye as it didn't come up today and probably some nonsense from the environment and another stupid experiment

Potato mass and something else. Yeah me to I hardly made any sense to myself but i hope there was enough there to cover the marking scheme criteria!
Could be so many things i dont like to think about it :tongue: The eye was on last years i think, gonna find some more past papers for tomorrow.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending