The Student Room Group

Edexcel Unit 3 (IAL): Exploring Physics, WPH03 (11th May 2016)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EUSHA
What was the vernier caliper one?
and what's the answer to the question where they ask how setup was in timing the can as it rolled down a slope in no.6c)??
thanks in advance!:biggrin:

Said the reaction time will be accounted. So uncertainty will be large and answer will be inaccurate
(edited 7 years ago)
@SaadKaleem @Imperion how was U3, guys? :biggrin: Heard it was fairly easy.
Reply 122
Original post by iWant.A
Measure the diameter with micrometer and make sure to measure diameter several times around the wire to get an average result

I wrote that too
:yy:
Original post by Ayman!

Not bad at all. Wasn't so obvious which I liked though looking I've made some dumb mistakes :angry:
Original post by Ayman!

Was fairly easy, but I honestly think the Grade boundary is going to be sky rocketing high, which is a problem :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by SaadKaleem
Was fairly easy, but I honestly think the Grade boundary is going to be sky rocketing high, which is a problem :frown:

Yeah, I agree with the grade boundary issue - I had the same problem last year. Hopefully you scored enough raw to get 90%+ UMS!

Original post by Imperion
Not bad at all. Wasn't so obvious which I liked though looking I've made some dumb mistakes :angry:

Good start - first exam nerves get to the best of us, dw. :biggrin: What's coming up next?
Original post by iWant.A
Change in the temperature in the circuit

i wrote diametre might not be constant throughout the wire
Original post by Saad69

I think that is correct too, other people wrote that as well
Original post by Ayman!
Yeah, I agree with the grade boundary issue - I had the same problem last year. Hopefully you scored enough raw to get 90%+ UMS!

Good start - first exam nerves get to the best of us, dw. :biggrin: What's coming up next?

We have Phys unit 1 coming up. Also chem bio c12
Original post by iWant.A
I think that is correct too, other people wrote that as well

i wrote that stopwatch is not suitable for small ranges and she should use sth better suited for small times such as light gates
Original post by Ayman!

Econ U1 on 16th! :biggrin:
Original post by Nethmioysters
Plus does anyone have notes on uncertainty?

how was your paper?
Original post by Saad69
how was your paper?

It was great!!! except i made two extremely stupid mistakes.:s-smilie: How was yours?
Original post by Saad69

i wrote that too. but all my friends wrote different answers from, so i was quite unsure
Original post by wima3109
to keep current constant i put use an EHF power supply

I wrote potenital divider. is that wrong??
Original post by wenogk
I wrote plot a sin r (y-axis) against sin i (x-axis) and find the inverse of the gradient as the incident angle is what we are changing hence is the independent variable and has to go to the x axis.

it doesnt matter which is independant or dependant. you have to always plot sin i against sin r or else you wont get refractive index for the gradient
Reply 136
so whos making a physics unit 1 thread?
what was the first question of the paper in multiple choice
Reply 138
for the last question is parallax error in metre rule correct?
Reply 139
Original post by Nethmioysters
it doesnt matter which is independant or dependant. you have to always plot sin i against sin r or else you wont get refractive index for the gradient

Inverse of gradient is refractive index in sin r against sin i..

Quick Reply

Latest