The Student Room Group

Why are tsr members so elitist

I have noticed that tsr members are very judgemental towards the less fortunate and the misunderstood.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Blue_Mason
I have noticed that tsr members are very judgemental towards the less fortunate and the misunderstood.
o

Its a shame what less fortunate people go through
I just want to help them all!!!!
Evidence? I don't judge the less fortunate.
Quite number of people on TSR are sheltered, socially inept, mostly academically focused and snobby.

Most users tend to have at least one of these attributes.
You always have a minority out of a majority. The same goes for terrorists. There is always a minority of extremists in every faith and nation. However, that shouldn't tarnish the reputation and beliefs of a majority.

It is a shame that you look at most members in this light. Maybe you've had bad experiences on the forum. However, I assure you that this is not the case with most members.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Black Cat
Quite number of people on TSR are sheltered, socially inept, mostly academically focused and snobby.

Well versed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wouldn't say they are elitist in that aspect. More in areas such as universitys and different degree/alevel subjects (basically if you don't do stem subjects what is even the point of you being alive).
Reply 7

Yes, and they also tend to be bigots who resort to bullying.

this
Original post by TheStudent19
Evidence? I don't judge the less fortunate.

Wait is he not just judging us tsr members? Saying we judge less fortunate people? So he is judging every single member
i dont judge less unfortunate people!!!!
Original post by scnotcrazy
Wait is he not just judging us tsr members? Saying we judge less fortunate people? So he is judging every single member

i dont judge less unfortunate people!!!!

Do not be silly now

In what ways? :beard:

Can you give examples?
Do not be silly now

Im not just simply asking
Reply 13

This

And I'll openly admit I'm socially inept

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know right, especially members with like profile pictures from like 1888 that talk very poshly lol.
Original post by Kvothe the arcane
In what ways? :beard:

Can you give examples?

I shall be able to post examples when I am on a computer

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3648731

Now I do not mean to be classicist, but I just struggle to socialize with them

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3801211

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3892071

A woman cannot fulfil the same role of a man.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4008643

People in glass houses......:moon:
(edited 7 years ago)
(edited 7 years ago)
My question still stands, and i am nit familiar with the threads that you have mentioned.
Please ignore those threads

You're not familiar with the other threads you've started suggesting poor people are stupid, women can't do men's jobs, council estates should be demolished, rich people are discriminated against etc etc etc.

Are you suffering from memory loss?
I'm pretty new to TSR. I felt pretty welcomed even though most Social Justice Warriors would suggest I would be a prime example for discrimination.

Hell, my profile picture is a photoshopped picture of me with a tiara!

I didn't see elitism when I joined. I don't see any now, Elitism =/= Having a different opinion to you.

Quick Reply

Latest