The Student Room Group

Why is juggling hard :(

I bought the juggling balls I still can't do it!
Original post by Anonbabes
I bought the juggling balls I still can't do it!

It took me 2 weeks to juggle with 3 balls but it's not so hard patience...
Reply 2
Original post by ertzgrand
It took me 2 weeks to juggle with 3 balls but it's not so hard patience...

Any tips?
Any tips?

Start with the easy stuff and make it progressively harder
Its hard because there are 3 balls and we only have 2 hands :biggrin:
Just watch the balls and focus on them to have the best chance of catching them :smile:
It's all about the rhythm. Keep a metronome in your head when you first start-

1. Are you comfortable passing one ball from one hand to the other? If yes, go to number 2. If no, then keep practicing before you're confident.

2. Can you throw one ball up and then catch it in the other hand whilst the other one is in the air? The biggest mistake newbies make is to throw one up, catch, throw the other.
If yes, go to 3. If no, keep practicing.

3. With a mental metronome, can you repeatedly do step 2? If yes, go to 3. If no, carry on until you can.

4. Now start to bring in a third ball. With this, you should, in quite a while, be able to juggle fairly fluently.

Sources

Been juggling for 8 years.
Reply 6
Original post by TeenPolyglot
It's all about the rhythm. Keep a metronome in your head when you first start-

1. Are you comfortable passing one ball from one hand to the other? If yes, go to number 2. If no, then keep practicing before you're confident.

2. Can you throw one ball up and then catch it in the other hand whilst the other one is in the air? The biggest mistake newbies make is to throw one up, catch, throw the other.
If yes, go to 3. If no, keep practicing.

3. With a mental metronome, can you repeatedly do step 2? If yes, go to 3. If no, carry on until you can.

4. Now start to bring in a third ball. With this, you should, in quite a while, be able to juggle fairly fluently.

Sources

Been juggling for 8 years.

I'll try this thanks
I'll try this thanks

Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending