The Student Room Group

Illustration BA?

Hi,

Due to circumstances I'm withdrawing from my current university and have applied to five other universities for Illustration.

Portsmouth, Plymouth, Gloucestershire, Manchester Met and Cumbria.

I'm wondering does anyone hold an offer/accepted an offer/been to interview at any of these universities? Just looking for some info first-hand.

I am aware my UCAS application is late so I don't want anyone bringing this up please.

TIA :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by elleay
Hi,

Due to circumstances I'm withdrawing from my current university and have applied to five other universities for Illustration.

I'm wondering does anyone hold an offer/accepted an offer/been to interview at any of these universities? Just looking for some info first-hand.

I am aware my UCAS application is late so I don't want anyone bringing this up please.

Hi Tia,
I am really sorry to hear that you are withdrawing from your current university but hopefully you find one that is perfect for you and you enjoy your three years there.

Luckily my friend Naomi studied Fine Art at the University of Gloucestershire and had so many fantastic opportunities. SHE EVEN GOT TO STUDY ART IN ITALY!!!

As part of the Illustration course at the uni, you are able to take part in so many amazing opportunities. A really big selling point is the opportunity to take part in the Cheltenham Literature Festival, a renowned festival where you are able to show off your work, work with authors and artists and help to put on the event. The festival has so many amazing authors visiting like JK Rowling, Stephen Fry and John Cleese!! You can also showcase your work in France at its famous comic art event, an amazing opportunity!

The course is also really great, you are able to focus on establishing your style and work as an illustrator. The lecturers are also brilliant, particularly the technician Mark who will help you with anything and knows everything! Take a look at their instagram account, its amazing, you can see all of the work that the illustration students do, and also what the course get up to such as exercising together and drinking coffee together in Rome!!

I hope that gives you an idea of the type of experience you could have at at UOG.
Reply 2
Original post by Hinch
Hi Tia,
I am really sorry to hear that you are withdrawing from your current university but hopefully you find one that is perfect for you and you enjoy your three years there.

Luckily my friend Naomi studied Fine Art at the University of Gloucestershire and had so many fantastic opportunities. SHE EVEN GOT TO STUDY ART IN ITALY!!!

As part of the Illustration course at the uni, you are able to take part in so many amazing opportunities. A really big selling point is the opportunity to take part in the Cheltenham Literature Festival, a renowned festival where you are able to show off your work, work with authors and artists and help to put on the event. The festival has so many amazing authors visiting like JK Rowling, Stephen Fry and John Cleese!! You can also showcase your work in France at its famous comic art event, an amazing opportunity!

The course is also really great, you are able to focus on establishing your style and work as an illustrator. The lecturers are also brilliant, particularly the technician Mark who will help you with anything and knows everything! Take a look at their instagram account, its amazing, you can see all of the work that the illustration students do, and also what the course get up to such as exercising together and drinking coffee together in Rome!!

I hope that gives you an idea of the type of experience you could have at at UOG.

Hey,

Wow what an experience! Sounds fantastic. I really liked Gloucester, and the course looks fab. Thanks so much for replying, it's definitely been helpful :smile:
Original post by elleay
Hi,

Hi Tia,

I studied my BA (Hons) in Illustration at Plymouth College of Art. It's an independent arts university (different to Plymouth Uni) in Plymouth city centre, offering a huge range of creative courses.

The best thing about studying at Plymouth College of Art was the amazing artist studios and access to facilities. I really enjoyed feeling part of a creative community, all of the tutors and lecturers there are professional artists, or from industry, which was really exciting. I also found that there were loads of opportunities to sell my work and get my work 'out there.' This continued after graduating and I felt really supported in continuing my journey after university. I've stayed in Plymouth to continue working as a Freelance Illustrator and now run my own creative business. I hope that helps!

Good luck with whatever you choose.

Emily
Tours and Outreach Officer
Original post by elleay
Hi,

May I ask which uni you left?
Reply 5
Original post by gcsemusicsucks
May I ask which uni you left?

It was Teesside

Quick Reply

Latest