The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mariam687
yh, its fine to marry ur first cousin

most of my cousins are married to cousins their children are perfectly fine :smile:

Then your cousins are freaks.
yh, its fine to marry ur first cousin

most of my cousins are married to cousins their children are perfectly fine :smile:

Reply 42
What I wouldn't do myself I wouldn't stop others doing if they wanted.
Original post by MiracleLeaf

u r a freak for commenting on my post, go do something better rather than taking the piss out of people.
Reply 44
Only if you are the vicar.
Lol at all the people saying its more likely that the children will be born with disabilities
Er no it won't
I know plenty ofppl who've done it and come out with healthy kids
People are hypocrites, if u wanna stop disabled babies then stop smoking or drinking when ur pregnant

I love how white people are branding this disgusting lol as if your culture is better sleeping around multiple times then get married and pass all those stds on lol hypocrites as if that's not disgusting at all
Original post by RezzBerry
Marriage usually results in children. Said children will be (most likely) disabled. Why would you want that?

I would hardly refer to a 3% increase as probable
If it's between two consenting adults then yes it's fine.
u r a freak for commenting on my post, go do something better rather than taking the piss out of people.

Hahahaha
Original post by MiracleLeaf
Hahahaha

-sigh
Well, if you do, you end up with children that look like this

Spoiler

I wouldn't marry one of mine, and I find the whole thing quite weird but I physically cannot rationalise a logical reason why somebody shouldn't do it since the disabled children argument is effectively invalidated by contraception and the fact that the chances still aren't high anyway unless there's multiple generations of weirdness going on.

So um... people can do it if they want I guess?
No problem with it, genetic issues actually become something to consider after multiple generations - and i'm not talking 2 or 3 generations more along the lines of 6-7.

So IMO no problem with cousin marriage (there's a reason it's legal pretty much everywhere) but I personally wouldn't as I have been raised with my cousins and view them as siblings.
Personally, no...its weird especially when you've grown up with them.
My parents are cousins
Reply 55
Original post by Erebor
What's your opinion on marrying your first cousin?

I'll say no.. it's to complicated and nothing new to explore or learn...
I always wondered why the royal family do this...
Original post by champ_mc99
I always wondered why the royal family do this...

Gotta keep the genes pure.
Reply 58
Original post by Proxenus
My parents are cousins

Does it bother you?
Original post by Thomb
Does it bother you?

Nah aha

Latest

Trending

Trending