The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Conservationofmass
First of all, why should I have to revise more than him, when I am less intelligent than him, and get less time...social life is irrelevant it's an exam ffs. Oh don't worry, he certainly boasts, funny when my mate who is really smart beats him and he just has this look of wanting to murder someone on his face.

Bit hard to compete with someone that has a condition that makes his ability better than mine... he's not exactly "autistic" it just falls under that, for example the other autistic kid does actually need it, get's the same time as the kid that obviously don't, how is that fair to the people that actually need it, or people that don't get it. Can you get extra time for handwriting btw?, mine is ****ing terrible but I just have to put up with it, or the markers do anyway heh

Because you're dumber and if you want to be as good as him then you better work your ass off to get there smh stop complaining.
See your mate is really smart but you have no hatred for him - only cos the dude gets extra time (idk why you think you can decide who gets and who doesn't get extra time since you ain't a doctor) and cos the dude is happy with his grades and likes to show them off. Let him, he earned them he can say/ do whatever he wants :lol: work hard and get good grades and boast about them as well if you want.
Just stop crying cos it aint gonna get you extra time - go revise :lol:
Original post by ILOOKATU
females aren't effected as much as males

When they say females aren't as affected as males they mean the proportion of people, Like for every 4 or 5 autistic people only one will be female. it has nothing to do with how severely we are affected by said disability and it's affects.
Original post by z33
Because you're dumber and if you want to be as good as him then you better work your ass off to get there smh stop complaining.
See your mate is really smart but you have no hatred for him - only cos the dude gets extra time (idk why you think you can decide who gets and who doesn't get extra time since you ain't a doctor) and cos the dude is happy with his grades and likes to show them off. Let him, he earned them he can say/ do whatever he wants :lol: work hard and get good grades and boast about them as well if you want.
Just stop crying cos it aint gonna get you extra time - go revise :lol:

and my mate doesn't gloat....
Might be worth pointing out the subject is maths
Reply 24
and my mate doesn't gloat....

Still not getting you extra time x3
Original post by z33
Still not getting you extra time x3

Actually I'm going to go in friday and try to get it for handwriting and write really slowly.
Reply 27
Actually I'm going to go in friday and try to get it for handwriting and write really slowly.

Can you get it for hand writing? Bc hunny I need an extra hour xDD
Reply 28
People with autism find it more difficult to block out distractions and concentrate on the task at hand - a flickering light, an uncomfortable chair, a spelling mistake on the paper could all lead him to not perform at his best.

I think the attitude to take is if he gets 25% extra time, don't you think his condition makes his academic life 25% more difficult than yours?
Original post by TheGrammarGuru
Autism enhances intelligence? It means people have to try and work even harder to fit in with the 'norm', as I'm sure you take the piss out of him if he acts a little strange, so in reality if the choice he's made is to be intelligent you must respect that

Naa you can't take the piss out of him. Does annoy me that I can't say anything about him being a **** tho
Original post by z33
Can you get it for hand writing? Bc hunny I need an extra hour xDD

Mines terrible and barely readable if I have now write quick, like in an essay. Some people have laptops but I dunno bout doing graphs on a laptop..
Reply 31
a kid in my school, has aspergers or whatever it's called. He's more intelligent than anyone in the school, and retains information without doing hardly/much work and get's amazing grades. But the thing that gets me, is that he has an extra half an hour in every exam, despite him getting nearly 100 percent in everything and being predicted A*'s, he's excuse is that it takes his brain longer to function(which is bs he's quicker than everyone in class and is always on the last question when we leave). Then if he beats one of us in an exam, he gets really cocky and gloats about it. I feel this is pretty unfair.

No offence bro, but that is none of your concern. Your main focus should be aiming to improve your grade. Whilst your concerning yourself about him, he's probably revising his butt off
Reply 32
Mines terrible and barely readable if I have now write quick, like in an essay. Some people have laptops but I dunno bout doing graphs on a laptop..

tis a maths exam doe T_T
Original post by Psst.
No offence bro, but that is none of your concern. Your main focus should be aiming to improve your grade. Whilst your concerning yourself about him, he's probably revising his butt off

Surely it would piss you off though?,especially when someone gloats to you, knowing you got less, in a condescending manner. One time he did it to my friend and he said "if I got an extra 20 minutes I would have got that..." lol

Pft, dude i'm having to re-take my GCSE maths next year due to only getting a D a couple of years ago when I took the exam.

I don't know where this whole "Austic's have magically maths abilities" thing came from, but I call total Bull***t on it.

Spoiler

Original post by z33
tis a maths exam doe T_T

I was thinking for economics
Reply 36
I was thinking for economics

Go ahead, lemme know how it goes xD

You can't get extra time for just writing slow I think, you'd have to have a medical condition that causes it. It would be easier just to revise than convince loads of people you have something wrong with you medically.
Original post by CheetahCurtis
You can't get extra time for just writing slow I think, you'd have to have a medical condition that causes it. It would be easier just to revise than convince loads of people you have something wrong with you medically.

Not writing slow but having to write slow for it to be..readable, though I can read it and my teachers can, though saying that the examiners managed last year..but my teacher wants me to use a laptop. which seems harder to me(having to draw in graphs) just awkward and insulting.
Reply 39
I have aspergers and i have real trouble retaining information that I really just don't care about, and I have a habit of mad procrastination skills, but that kid you're talking about needs to have a bit of a talking to.

Latest