The Student Room Group

Should we stop any more immigration?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tyreke
That video is tragic. Don't know how Merkel sleeps at night.

I don't think she sleeps well currently. Approval ratings in the cellar, and 2/3 of Germans don't want to see her as Chancellor anymore. Her party has also taken hit, current surveys have them at only ca. 30%. And we are voting next year. I am hopeful.

Although I really hope another mainstream party takes an anti-immigration stance. Because sadly you just cannot vote for AfD. There are some legit neo-Nazis at the lead there. I just don't get why no mainstream party is listening to the people. It's beyond me. Politicians are so stupid. Let's just hope the CDU can find someone to replace Merkel, someone who can say no to all this PC bs, who can say yes we will help, but on our terms, not by being overrun by a million people. Or having to bribe Turkey. Argh. Lol sorry, makes me mad.
Reply 41
Original post by brainhuman
I don't think she sleeps well currently. Approval ratings in the cellar, and 2/3 of Germans don't want to see her as Chancellor anymore. Her party has also taken hit, current surveys have them at only ca. 30%. And we are voting next year. I am hopeful.

Although I really hope another mainstream party takes an anti-immigration stance. Because sadly you just cannot vote for AfD. There are some legit neo-Nazis at the lead there. I just don't get why no mainstream party is listening to the people. It's beyond me. Politicians are so stupid. Let's just hope the CDU can find someone to replace Merkel, someone who can say no to all this PC bs, who can say yes we will help, but on our terms, not by being overrun by a million people. Or having to bribe Turkey. Argh. Lol sorry, makes me mad.

That's the danger, if the mainstream parties don't respond to the concerns of their populace then they shouldn't be surprised when people vote for the only party offering a solution to the problem.

I believe Merkel is being blackmailed or bribed in someway, a person does not reach the heights of German government and not understand how the country or politics works. She seems blind to the issue.

Unfortunately the situation the girl talks about must be quite widespread. I have a German friend who was being stalked by a 'non-European' man and she had to flee to the help of another man. What would have happened if no one else was in the area? I don't even want to think about it. This is the only German girl I know, if I knew 10 German girls I wonder how many would have suffered from a similar thing.

I don't know how Swedish, German and Austrian men can let this happen to their women, it's very tragic.

Do you feel there has been a shift in public/your friend's opinion regarding immigration?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Ladbants
With the threat of Islamic terrorism and the increasing ethnic population in the UK, should we stop any more people from entering the UK (except for tourism)?
Or should we welcome people into our country? This is a long running debate which has come back into the spotlight with the recent election of a Muslim as the mayor of London and the refugee crisis.

The United Kingdom is the world's 8th biggest tourist destination, with 34.4 million visiting in 2014. Can you see the flaw in your suggestion?
Original post by Undec
No, not an end to immigration.
People who come to the UK and can afford without seeking any benefits should stay.
But people who come to the UK on the sole purpose to claim benefits and not to contribute to the society and not adjusting to british society should leave.

Infeasible to distinguish
Original post by 999tigger
The United Kingdom is the world's 8th biggest tourist destination, with 34.4 million visiting in 2014. Can you see the flaw in your suggestion?

But they bolded "except for tourism..."
Reply 45

No. What is the flaw?
Original post by 0to100
But they bolded "except for tourism..."

You miss the point. Dont you think if people are banned from coming to the UK via long term immigration then Mr Terrorist will settle for a tourist visa to carry out their attacks on the holidays?

It's bogus anyway because terrorist attacks in the UK have been from people already living here. If you object to any immigration then how many years or generations would you like to go back?
Reply 47
You miss the point. Dont you think if people are banned from coming to the UK via long term immigration then Mr Terrorist will settle for a tourist visa to carry out their attacks on the holidays?

It's bogus anyway because terrorist attacks in the UK have been from people already living here. If you object to any immigration then how many years or generations would you like to go back?

Will he put his AK-47 in a clear plastic bag?
Would we be banning froeign students as well?

If you want to ban people from coming to the UK, then you will have to accept people from the UK are going to be banned from going to other countries.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending