The Student Room Group

When should I apply for student finance if I plan to change my course and university?

Hello!
I am a first years student at the University of Southampton studying Mathematics with Actuarial Science. I have been notified a couple of times to apply for student loan but I have not decided yet what I will do next. What is certain is that I will change my degree to Math with CS or to CS withing the same university, start Geographical Information Systems at the University of Newcastle if I am admitted or apply at a Scottish University in clearing.
I have received an email from Students Finance, stating that the deadline for the Student Loan application is on the 27'th of May. Could you please tell me if I should just apply now and change course and university details after, or should I wait until I change?
Thank you!
Original post by Cristian92
Hello!
I am a first years student at the University of Southampton studying Mathematics with Actuarial Science. I have been notified a couple of times to apply for student loan but I have not decided yet what I will do next. What is certain is that I will change my degree to Math with CS or to CS withing the same university, start Geographical Information Systems at the University of Newcastle if I am admitted or apply at a Scottish University in clearing.
I have received an email from Students Finance, stating that the deadline for the Student Loan application is on the 27'th of May. Could you please tell me if I should just apply now and change course and university details after, or should I wait until I change?
Thank you!

Apply by the deadline. If you miss the deadline then you could end up with no loan payments in the first term of the next academic year.

Making changes to your course is easy later on - apply for now with your default option...what you'll be studying next year if you don't do anything. Then when you're sure about what you'll be doing make the changes to your course details online if you can (and if you can't call SFE to get the changes made).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending