The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Chemistry Unit 1 2016 predictions

any ideas, topics, questions, grade bouandries or anything that may come up in this years aqa chem unit 1 exam?
share your thoughts here :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thehaskone
any ideas, topics, questions, grade bouandries or anything that may come up in this years aqa chem unit 1 exam?
share your thoughts here :smile:

My teacher is predicting a big question on metals and maybe a six marker on quarrying

Posted from TSR Mobile
always be ready for questions on metals, and limestone as they as the biggest topics. i'm going to sit down later and look at all the 6 markers to try and predict the qwc question :smile:
By the way the Chemistry GCSE AQA past paper for June 2012 (and other more recent papers as well) has been removed from pretty much all the websites I can find (let alone AQA's own past paper website), but I managed to print it out beforehand.

So I think that this means that they will be using some of the questions from that paper in a similar way, so I guess anyone who saw those recent papers before they were taken off the website has a nice advantage if they can remember what sorts of questions to revise for.
Reply 4
Original post by alex9xela
By the way the Chemistry GCSE AQA past paper for June 2012 (and other more recent papers as well) has been removed from pretty much all the websites I can find (let alone AQA's own past paper website), but I managed to print it out beforehand.

So I think that this means that they will be using some of the questions from that paper in a similar way, so I guess anyone who saw those recent papers before they were taken off the website has a nice advantage if they can remember what sorts of questions to revise for.

They havent removed it????
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-CH1HP-W-MS-JUN-2012.PDF

The June 2012 Chemistry Unit 1 paper has been removed but the mark scheme is still there
Reply 6
Original post by ibrahim11
The June 2012 Chemistry Unit 1 paper has been removed but the mark scheme is still there

well then i hope they do use some of the questions in a similar way cos that paper was really good
would you mind sharing the specific wording of the six markers?
I predict there will be a big question on alloys or the blast furnace because that was what my teacher was trying to get us all to understand and also, maybe the miller-urey experiment?

That's. The mark scheme you idiot
Reply 10
Original post by harun_farah
That's. The mark scheme you idiot

i went on the website and pressed past paper....idiot. i realized that after i posted it
Original post by harun_farah
Well don't meaninglessly post **** you downy clicked on the past paper an say the papers there u absolute handicapped retard.

Wow mate, that did not require an ableist slur D: You need to calm down, it was an honest mistake
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by FThisSI'mOut
Wow mate, that did not require an ableist slur D: You need to calm down, it was an honest mistake

Ok sorry
The previous 6 markers on the papers are as follows-

JUNE 2012- Polyethene Bags
JUNE 2013- Hydrocarbons and how petrol is separated
JUNE 2014- Petrol vs Biodiesel
JUNE 2015- The earth and how it has evolved from the early atmosphere

Personally, I predict a big 6 marker related to metals- so quarrying/electrolysis or something along those lines. Make sure that you know the ins and outs of the methods and properties of a variety of metals. Although, you never know they could repeat questions or do a B1 on us all...
Original post by louderthanbombs
The previous 6 markers on the papers are as follows-

JUNE 2012- Polyethene Bags
JUNE 2013- Hydrocarbons and how petrol is separated
JUNE 2014- Petrol vs Biodiesel
JUNE 2015- The earth and how it has evolved from the early atmosphere

Personally, I predict a big 6 marker related to metals- so quarrying/electrolysis or something along those lines. Make sure that you know the ins and outs of the methods and properties of a variety of metals. Although, you never know they could repeat questions or do a B1 on us all...

Do you think the six marker could be on Miller-Urey experiment?
Reply 16
well im screwed because i havent even looked at extracting metals but thankyou this has prepared me way more
Original post by lunaticash19995
Do you think the six marker could be on Miller-Urey experiment?

Possibly, although I am praying that it is on Quarrying because I haven't revised the Miller-Urey experiment in as much depth, YET.
Reply 18
Carbon cycle might come up as it didnt in the b1 test
Do any of you guys think that limestone will be a big topic in the paper? There are taking it out from the new spec so maybe it will?

Quick Reply

Latest