The Student Room Group

AQA AS Sociology Unit 1 & 2 OLD SPECIFICATION [RESITS]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Lillah
Everyone seems to think that's a reason to be extra harsh with the questions >_<! hopefully not though, I really need to get at least a B in this (got a U on the first paper and an A on the second e.e..)

Posted from TSR Mobile

how the hell did you get a U in the fist paper mate?

why do they need to be extra harsh?
Reply 21
Original post by xxvine
how the hell did you get a U in the fist paper mate?

why do they need to be extra harsh?

Families and households was the bane of my existence, I missed out a 24 marker because I didn't understand the question/ran out of time.

I don't know if they WILL be extra harsh with the paper, but I hear a lot of people in my college saying "Oh it's the last year of this spec, they're probably gonna make the questions harder"
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 22
Original post by Lillah
Families and households was the bane of my existence, I missed out a 24 marker because I didn't understand the question/ran out of time. I don't know if they WILL be extra harsh with the paper, but I hear a lot of people in my college saying "Oh it's the last year of this spec, they're probably gonna make the the questions harder"

hmm hope not

i just dont want demography to come up:frown:

i really would rule out social policy and childhood for the 24 markers....so any other 4
Reply 23
Original post by xxvine
hmm hope not

i just dont want demography to come up:frown:

i really would rule out social policy and childhood for the 24 markers....so any other 4

Same here, it's probably my least favourite topic..

I'd love couples or functions of the family to come up, not too sure when they last appeared though
Reply 24
Original post by Lillah
Same here, it's probably my least favourite topic..

I'd love couples or functions of the family to come up, not too sure when they last appeared though

functions of the family? what topic is that lol

couples came up in 2013 june
Reply 25
Functions of the family is topic 3 (Functionalist/Feminism/Marxism)

Might be a chance that couples comes up then o:
Reply 26
Original post by Lillah
I asked my teacher and she said anything could come up since the majority of questions have been asked already.. Not very helpful xD I'm really hoping demography doesn't come up though, one of my least favourite chapters

Same
I really doubt childhood and social policy will be the 24 markers
Original post by Lillah
Everyone seems to think that's a reason to be extra harsh with the questions >_<! hopefully not though, I really need to get at least a B in this (got a U on the first paper and an A on the second e.e..)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did really rubbish on the paper last year too, so I am praying the paper will be nice this time round!!
any predictions for unit 2 education please? i have no idea
Reply 29
hey does anyone have any typed up unit 2 education and research notes they could share with me?
Reply 30
any predictions for unit 2?
Reply 31
Nobody has any predictions it seems
Hey guys, I'm retaking and I completely forgot how to answer the G672 (family) paper, HELP! Thanks!
Reply 33
Original post by shuhebahmed
Hey guys, I'm retaking and I completely forgot how to answer the G672 (family) paper, HELP! Thanks!

What do you mean? The 24 markers? If so, it's point, evidence, analysis and evaluation.
Reply 34
This is what I have predicted after looking through the past papers, again though you should really revise everything and focus on things you think will come up.

Family Ethnic diversity, gender roles
Social - Feminist views
Demography– Migration, death/birth rate, fertility and dependency

Government policies and Childhood most likely will not come up as [24] but that doesn’t mean they cant still come in as [2] [4] and [6]
Reply 35
Original post by gtyhuiop
This is what I have predicted after looking through the past papers, again though you should really revise everything and focus on things you think will come up.

Family Ethnic diversity, gender roles
Social - Feminist views
Demography– Migration, death/birth rate, fertility and dependency

Government policies and Childhood most likely will not come up as [24] but that doesn’t mean they cant still come in as [2] [4] and [6]

I don't think demography will come up
Well I hope it doesn't lol
Reply 36
Did you ask your teacher for the predictions for unit 2?
Original post by mollyarnold98
I think my teacher predicted feminism and family diversity!

My teacher has told me today that he's predicting functionalism theory or feminism, division of labour , or demography , but I honestly think anything could come up
Reply 38
Original post by mollyarnold98
My teacher has told me today that he's predicting functionalism theory or feminism, division of labour , or demography , but I honestly think anything could come up

I think if we are going with AQA being nice then feminism is most likely to come up...because functionalism came up in June 2013. Feminism hasn't come up in a while...think last came up in 2011?
However like you said they could be nasty for the last ever paper on the current syllabus and demography may be the 24 marker

I can't see childhood or social policy being the 24 markers though. They never repeat question a year apart
Reply 39
Original post by xxvine
I think if we are going with AQA being nice then feminism is most likely to come up...because functionalism came up in June 2013. Feminism hasn't come up in a while...think last came up in 2011?
However like you said they could be nasty for the last ever paper on the current syllabus and demography may be the 24 marker

I can't see childhood or social policy being the 24 markers though. They never repeat question a year apart

when we're talking about feminism, what topic are we talking about?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending