The Student Room Group

AS Edexcel Geography Predictions

Has anyone got ideas as to what is going to come up this year? I think Philippines and Arctic could come up as they are compulsory and haven't come up since 2014. I also think TNCs and megacities as it wasn't in last years paper..

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Alisha07
Has anyone got ideas as to what is going to come up this year? I think Philippines and Arctic could come up as they are compulsory and haven't come up since 2014. I also think TNCs and megacities as it wasn't in last years paper..

Hi! I moved this to the Geography forum for you :smile:
Reply 2
What do you think would come up for the aqa paper tho??????
I also think that the Philippines will come up since the Californian Coast was in the 2015 paper, although, there have been years where they've thrown them both in and since it's the last year they might do that or base the 15 mark on these case studies instead.
Reply 4
My teacher says Megacities is due for a 15 mark question and I agree with Arctic and Philippines! I also think maybe roots and social/economic reasons for population change in the UK will come up :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Polaroid456
I also think that the Philippines will come up since the Californian Coast was in the 2015 paper, although, there have been years where they've thrown them both in and since it's the last year they might do that or base the 15 mark on these case studies instead.

Yeah I totally agree :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Izzy162
My teacher says Megacities is due for a 15 mark question and I agree with Arctic and Philippines! I also think maybe roots and social/economic reasons for population change in the UK will come up :smile:

Yeah Megacities hasn't come up in a bit! :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Xxlsx
What do you think would come up for the aqa paper tho??????

I'm not sure I don't do that exam board!
Reply 8
Original post by Fox Corner
Hi! I moved this to the Geography forum for you :smile:

Thanks!
Yes!! Africa has been in loads of essay questions so I think they might throw in the Arctic this year for the physical side!
Reply 10
Original post by angelscity
Yes!! Africa has been in loads of essay questions so I think they might throw in the Arctic this year for the physical side!

Yeah me too! I'm nervous though!!!!
Reply 11
I need some help with Unit 1 Section B global challenges, the essay writing... Do any of you know any tips? I know about past papers but i don´t know what more to do. I want to do small and very specific case study facts but i have all of my exams together in the same week and a half and don´t have much time :s-smilie:
Reply 12
Original post by lauuu19
I need some help with Unit 1 Section B global challenges, the essay writing... Do any of you know any tips? I know about past papers but i don´t know what more to do. I want to do small and very specific case study facts but i have all of my exams together in the same week and a half and don´t have much time :s-smilie:

There are some key major case studies for example UK to Spain, Poland to UK. These are key for the global challenges part. Try and overview these in the revision guide (CGP). But also don't forget TNCs and Megacities as they often come up. Just remember the main key points for the case study. 10 marker - 2/3 paragraphs. 15 marker - 3 paragraphs with at least 3 case study examples! Hope this helps! Remember past paper practice under time conditions will give an idea in the actual exam. :smile: I'm nervous too!!!
Reply 13
There are some key major case studies for example UK to Spain, Poland to UK. These are key for the global challenges part. Try and overview these in the revision guide (CGP). But also don't forget TNCs and Megacities as they often come up. Just remember the main key points for the case study. 10 marker - 2/3 paragraphs. 15 marker - 3 paragraphs with at least 3 case study examples! Hope this helps! Remember past paper practice under time conditions will give an idea in the actual exam. :smile: I'm nervous too!!!

Thanks a lot!! It really helps hahaha and im so nervous too!!
Reply 14
Original post by lauuu19
Thanks a lot!! It really helps hahaha and im so nervous too!!

:smile: I'm just going to try and do lots of past papers and see how it goes!!
Yeah me too! I'm nervous though!!!!

Same!! I'm way better at Africa than the Arctic! Sososo scared, really want a good grade in this- especially since it's 60% of our AS grade ahh!!
Reply 16
Original post by angelscity
Same!! I'm way better at Africa than the Arctic! Sososo scared, really want a good grade in this- especially since it's 60% of our AS grade ahh!!

Yeah I'm exactly the same! Hopefully the exam will be good this year :smile:
I feel like something on the census might come up? idk Megacities seems very likely though as well as retirement migration possibly?
Reply 18
Original post by IDontKnowReally
I feel like something on the census might come up? idk Megacities seems very likely though as well as retirement migration possibly?

yeah census / roots hasn't come up in a while!
Yeah I'm exactly the same! Hopefully the exam will be good this year :smile:

Hopefully it will be, since it's the last year on this spec :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending