The Student Room Group

HOW DO I REVISE IN 4 DAYS AND GET ALL As

Scroll to see replies

At least you're organised...
Original post by BlueIsTheNewRed
Haha nice burn :biggrin: Okay I am judgmental but I can see how OP is going to end up in the same place this time next year. Not saying that its wrong to help OP but is it really going to help him in the long run?

Well it's true, not everyone needs that long.Some people can go boot camp style for a few days and manage just fine.

But the thing is, this is realistic. This is the real world, sometimes you have to do things when your under prepared (I'm not saying it's okay, it is much easier on your mental health and emotions if you prepare much earlier) and you are expected to deliver, what are you supposed to do then, just sit back and plan your re-sits next year? Oh wait! You don't have re-sits in the real world! Honestly, yes you should manage your time better but you should also learn how to work with what you have in the time you have, both things prove very useful in the real world.

Things happen, life happens. You should start earlier but sometimes things get in the way. Don't determine someones capability and match it up to your own. As I said, there are people in the world who can get by on short-term memory and the adrenaline of there being little time on their hands, it drives them.

So to answer your question, yup it is most likely to help OP in the long run because we don't live in a perfect world where you can plan that far ahead and also if all things go upside down for OP then it is just another life lesson.
[QUOTE=ServantOfMorgoth;64732071]It's not that difficult. Once you don't mind studying 8-10 or more hours spread around the day (including nights) it's not impossible. I did it all through my a levels and got all A's. It's come back to bite me in the ass now because it doesn't work at uni.

thanks, may i ask which subjects you studied??
Original post by M14B
Maybe your A levels were soft.
Besides you did not get A* :colone:

Lol I'm studying mechanical engineering, what do you think. :rolleyes: and yes I got A*'s as well
Original post by Lazybutorganised
thanks, may i ask which subjects you studied??

Maths, Chemistry, Physics, AS further maths and Gen. Studies (compulsory :rolleyes:)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Well it's true, not everyone needs that long.Some people can go boot camp style for a few days and manage just fine.

But the thing is, this is realistic. This is the real world, sometimes you have to do things when your under prepared (I'm not saying it's okay, it is much easier on your mental health and emotions if you prepare much earlier) and you are expected to deliver, what are you supposed to do then, just sit back and plan your re-sits next year? Oh wait! You don't have re-sits in the real world! Honestly, yes you should manage your time better but you should also learn how to work with what you have in the time you have, both things prove very useful in the real world.

Things happen, life happens. You should start earlier but sometimes things get in the way. Don't determine someones capability and match it up to your own. As I said, there are people in the world who can get by on short-term memory and the adrenaline of there being little time on their hands, it drives them.

So to answer your question, yup it is most likely to help OP in the long run because we don't live in a perfect world where you can plan that far ahead and also if all things go upside down for OP then it is just another life lesson.

I feel like in my degree every test I take I'm under prepared. Every. SINGLE. ONE

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE=ServantOfMorgoth;64732473]Lol I'm studying mechanical engineering, what do you think. :rolleyes: and yes I got A*'s as well

wow, so which a level subjects??. thats amazing. (i found out its okay, thank you!)
(edited 7 years ago)
[QUOTE=ServantOfMorgoth;64732517]Maths, Chemistry, Physics, AS further maths and Gen. Studies (compulsory :rolleyes:)

can i do it in these 4 days if i work like so so hard? stats one is too hard for me, in this time aaah. my first exam is on monday (psych) and second on wed (C1), and the rest after that
Original post by ServantOfMorgoth
I feel like in my degree every test I take I'm under prepared. Every. SINGLE. ONE

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I hope you deliver! :ahee:

I'm always underprepared but I don't always fail. You have to rise up to the challenge!!! :colone: I almost always do horribly when I lose my confidence, if I keep that going then things go fine, if I upset myself and tell myself extremely negative things then I sabotage myself before I've even started, of course things don't go well if you hate yourself with every question you answer! :redface:
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Well I hope you deliver! :ahee:

I'm always underprepared but I don't always fail. You have to rise up to the challenge!!! :colone: I almost always do horribly when I lose my confidence, if I keep that going then things go fine, if I upset myself and tell myself extremely negative things then I sabotage myself before I've even started, of course things don't go well if you hate yourself with every question you answer! :redface:

Same here girl. I do the same things.
Reply 90
Original post by pizzanomics
I think your friends should have been pressuring you to do some work and revision and start a lot earlier. Maybe we have differing opinions on what friends should be.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

To be fair, its not their responsibility to do so and shouldn't be.
Ive got 4 days until my first AS exam and I am no way prepared. I am a last minute person and always cram like 2 days before. I have revised bits for each subject but i am no way confident or ready. somebody help?!?! I study Bio, Chem, Maths and psychology. I need 4 As this year, any advice and motivation? Can i do it?

hey mate, don't listen to Blueisashethead, that guys a **** :biggrin: so basically bring out the past papers and work through them every hour and have a 5 min break between them to idk have a walk around go outside for a bit anything but not watch Television as that can be distracting. Cover all the content for Biology and Chemistry and psychology. for maths just keep doing past papers and past papers and work at it there's nothing really to memorise until you're doing C2 in maths learning trig identities etc :biggrin: and the rules. Don't give up you can do this okay? But make sure you start right away!
Original post by kkboyk
To be fair, its not their responsibility to do so and shouldn't be.

Obviously not, but if they were 'true friends' like the OP was trying to imply when replying to me then they would have done.
can i do it in these 4 days if i work like so so hard? stats one is too hard for me, in this time aaah. my first exam is on monday (psych) and second on wed (C1), and the rest after that

Well you have no other choice now. You have to cram. Try your best not to dwell on things that's very diffcult to understand unless with a critical topic that always comes up in the exam.
Be concise, make sure you have a good understanding of the things otherwise you'll go blank in the exam.

Practice papers are your topics allow it. Incorporate them into your studies as practice questions. Luckily A levels brings similar questions so you should be fine.
Original post by ServantOfMorgoth
Same here girl. I do the same things.

Honestly I think confidence is actually not taught enough in schools. You honestly have to walk into an exam and pretend your a genius XD

Honestly I've sat exams before and afterwards I've felt near suicidal because of the horrible thoughts I've had whilst taking the exam, obviously THAT DOESN'T HELP!

I have promised myself this year, not matter how under prepared I feel, I am not going to be horrible to me before,during or after the exam because that just tears you apart in the exam room and ruins your performance.
[QUOTE=Lelouch's Geass;64732709]hey mate, don't listen to Blueisashethead, that guys a **** :biggrin: so basically bring out the past papers and work through them every hour and have a 5 min break between them to idk have a walk around go outside for a bit anything but not watch Television as that can be distracting. Cover all the content for Biology and Chemistry and psychology. for maths just keep doing past papers and past papers and work at it there's nothing really to memorise until you're doing C2 in maths learning trig identities etc :biggrin: and the rules. Don't give up you can do this okay? But make sure you start right away!

ive got ages for c2 ( 3 weeks) but c1 and s1 are fairly soon. i just need some guidance on s1, all the negativity is stressing me out, i acc had high hopes. i am working very hard from now, it will be worth it. thank you so much for your advice. which subjects did you study at AS??
ive got ages for c2 ( 3 weeks) but c1 and s1 are fairly soon. i just need some guidance on s1, all the negativity is stressing me out, i acc had high hopes. i am working very hard from now, it will be worth it. thank you so much for your advice. which subjects did you study at AS??

i am doing AS just like you :smile:
Maths, Further maths, biology, physics!
S1 just takes practice just know your stuff :biggrin:
have you made your notes for it?
Reply 97

If you go on and watch every ExamSolutions vid for Maths, and then do past apper questions by topic on Physics and Maths Tutor website it should prepare you enough to get at least a C.

Oh sorry, for stats, just use a good book with lots of examples. Go through the examples and make sure you understand them and do the past paper questions as practice and use the examples as a guide and ONLY if you get stuck look at the mark scheme to see what's up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE=kkboyk;64732819]If you go on and watch every ExamSolutions vid for Maths, and then do past apper questions by topic on Physics and Maths Tutor website it should prepare you enough to get at least a C.

thanks for the video website, i dont want a C tho. i need an A to get my predicted grade. and now AS grades go on ucas. im getting As in c1, any advice for s1??

Quick Reply

Latest