The Student Room Group

Could someone check my AQA 25 marker?

I got capped at 13 marks for evaluation in my essay but I have at least three points of evaluation from the mark scheme. My current economics teacher is a substitute and there are no others in the school who could mark it. Could someone check to see if I would actually be capped?

The paper is the june 2015 ECON 2 question 8.

http://imgur.com/a/SvmIe
I am afraid at my age, my eyesight is not as good as it was and I can't see it well. Keep in mind that for good feedback you need to have someone familiar with the specification that teaches the course.
Reply 2
Original post by keynes24
I am afraid at my age, my eyesight is not as good as it was and I can't see it well. Keep in mind that for good feedback you need to have someone familiar with the specification that teaches the course.

Haha, and my handwriting is not great either. Basically the question was to do with how growth can affect other macroeconomic objectives. As some evaluation I put an increase in growth will reduce unemployment, however if productivity does not improve, wages are likely to increase causing cost push inflation from excess demand. My current teacher either saw this evaluation as not relevant despite using a quote directly from the extract or did not feel it was structured like an evaluation.
Hi, So can increase in growth can have many effects, but will depend on factors such as the position of the economy on the SRAS curve ( spare capacity in the economy)

1.If operating near the top of the SRAS then growth will be limited and there will also be high inflationary pressure.
2. Near the bottom of the SRAS will mean large amounts of growth and low inflation but this will depend on the size of the multiplier.

These are quite good evaluation points and the multiplier effect is something which is quite good to refer back too.
Reply 4
Original post by KishanPatel99
Hi, So can increase in growth can have many effects, but will depend on factors such as the position of the economy on the SRAS curve ( spare capacity in the economy)

1.If operating near the top of the SRAS then growth will be limited and there will also be high inflationary pressure.
2. Near the bottom of the SRAS will mean large amounts of growth and low inflation but this will depend on the size of the multiplier.

These are quite good evaluation points and the multiplier effect is something which is quite good to refer back too.

I have included things like this in my essay, can I assume my teacher has marked it wrong?
Original post by BinaryJava
I have included things like this in my essay, can I assume my teacher has marked it wrong?

Just try and summarize your points considering both benefits and drawbacks and answer the question. Think about the long term and short term growth aswell

Quick Reply

Latest