The Student Room Group

inequality

Hi everyone,
i've attached you two inequalities that should make sense if you subbing in zero for k (inequality number 1) and for a(inequality number 2) but the text book didn't mention zero as an answer for the range of the values that makes sense in each inequality . just wanted to get your opinion if zero can be an answer for each of blow inequalities thanks. inequality number 1 is +1 at the end not 9, my handwriting is really bad sorry
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Alen.m
Hi everyone,
i've attached you two inequalities that should make sense if you subbing in zero for k (inequality number 1) and for a(inequality number 2) but the text book didn't mention zero as an answer for the range of the values that makes sense in each inequality . just wanted to get your opinion if zero can be an answer for each of blow inequalities thanks

Lmao here was me thinking this thread would be about the inequality of the world or something, but instead it's maths.

Soz I'm no help here :redface:
Reply 2
Original post by Alen.m
Hi everyone,
i've attached you two inequalities that should make sense if you subbing in zero for k (inequality number 1) and for a(inequality number 2) but the text book didn't mention zero as an answer for the range of the values that makes sense in each inequality . just wanted to get your opinion if zero can be an answer for each of blow inequalities thanks. inequality number 1 is +1 at the end not 9, my handwriting is really bad sorry

You'll need to show us the question (in full, via photo) and the answer (in full). (does it perchance say that k is a positive constant?)
Original post by Alen.m
Hi everyone,

I don't quite understand....
Reply 4
Original post by Zacken
You'll need to show us the question (in full, via photo) and the answer (in full). (does it perchance say that k is a positive constant?)

here's the full question guys
Reply 5
Original post by Alen.m
here's the full question guys

See, it says "k is a positive integer" - 0 is not a positive integer. A positive integer is {1, 2, 3, ... }.
Reply 6
Original post by Zacken
See, it says "k is a positive integer" - 0 is not a positive integer. A positive integer is {1, 2, 3, ... }.

oh yeah i know that for the second one but for the first one it didn't mention anything about a :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Zacken

that's the full answer of the text book. please let me know what you think this as I'm really confused :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Alen.m
that's the full answer of the text book. please let me know what you this as I'm really confused :frown:

I think the book is wrong and you are correct, a = 0 is a valid part of the inequality.
Reply 9
Original post by Zacken
I think the book is wrong and you are correct, a = 0 is a valid part of the inequality.

im spotting loads of mistakes as I'm going through these text books :smile: thanks for your help
Reply 10
Original post by Alen.m
im spotting loads of mistakes as I'm going through these text books :smile:)) thanks for your help

No worries. A-Level textbooks, for the most part, seem to have loads of errors in them.
Reply 11
Original post by Zacken
No worries. A-Level textbooks, for the most part, seem to have loads of errors in them.

Exactly, it's been like four or five times that i've found errors in the text book so far

Quick Reply

Latest