The Student Room Group

A-level Insight days 2016

Scroll to see replies

No doubt everybody here sees it as an IB networking event.
Original post by Trapz99
He has provided us with happiness, joy and laughter. He has changed our lives, enlightened us, shaped us, made us rise up and fight for our dreams.
He will be in our memories forever.

RIP studos 2013-2016

@Princepieman @Daniel9998 @Terry Tibbs @BizzStrut and others, I hope you can join us for the funeral later.

LOOOOOOL wtf why was he banned?
bit peak ngl lol
Original post by Daniel9998
LOOOOOOL wtf why was he banned?

Because he's lame.. It's only temporary anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
Because he's lame.. It's only temporary anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is it? Yay, studos will be back! Unless he forgets about tsr...
Original post by Trapz99
Is it? Yay, studos will be back! Unless he forgets about tsr...

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=41078084&highlight= He's been asking his dumb questions since 2013, he'll be back.
Reply 86

Sweet; gonna apply then. There's a clash with CS, JPM and MS insight days if I remember correctly 😬

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Terry Tibbs
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=41078084&highlight= He's been asking his dumb questions since 2013, he'll be back.

lol i'm weak haha
Original post by BizzStrut
studos was banned.

RIP

today is a sad sad day on tsr
Original post by Terry Tibbs

LOOOL studos was pure comedy gold hope he comes back
Reply 90
Anyone have advice for writing a covering letter? How long should it be and what sort of stuff should you mention?
Original post by econ31
Anyone have advice for writing a covering letter? How long should it be and what sort of stuff should you mention?

300-500 words
Structure is available online, do a Google search.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 92
Which programmes require you to complete an online test?
And they don't interview you, right?
Original post by usualsuspects
Which programmes require you to complete an online test?
And they don't interview you, right?

RBS
no

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 94

Thanks for the quick reply!
Sorry in advance if this seems like a silly question but how much do banks value A-Level insight days for SW apps? I'm an international student currently doing an internship at a AM firm (i'm doing a gap year) which is quite well known in Asia but not really abroad. I have a few interviews lined up at IB boutiques so I might be able to get some M&A work exp over the summer. I have family in London so essentially i'll just be travelling to london 2 months before uni (my uni starts in october) so cost isn't an issue. Is it worth sacrificing 2/3 month long work exp at a boutique IB/AM to attend these insight days and get a big "brandname" on your CV? I'm aiming to go into IBD/AM in the future. Any replies would be greatly appreciated.
Original post by khaldrogo
Sorry in advance if this seems like a silly question but how much do banks value A-Level insight days for SW apps? I'm an international student currently doing an internship at a AM firm (i'm doing a gap year) which is quite well known in Asia but not really abroad. I have a few interviews lined up at IB boutiques so I might be able to get some M&A work exp over the summer. I have family in London so essentially i'll just be travelling to london 2 months before uni (my uni starts in october) so cost isn't an issue. Is it worth sacrificing 2/3 month long work exp at a boutique IB/AM to attend these insight days and get a big "brandname" on your CV? I'm aiming to go into IBD/AM in the future. Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

They're not super important. I'd say you're better off doing the off-the-beaten-track work experience than insight days, if I'm honest.

The main benefit of attending an insight day is to attach names to faces such that when you apply in future (assuming you gave off a strong first impression), you will be remembered. That and the potential fast track opportunity (namely with CS and RBS).

Enjoy your gap year bud.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by khaldrogo

nooo wayy, do the work exp!!
Original post by Princepieman
They're not super important. I'd say you're better off doing the off-the-beaten-track work experience than insight days, if I'm honest.

The main benefit of attending an insight day is to attach names to faces such that when you apply in future (assuming you gave off a strong first impression), you will be remembered. That and the potential fast track opportunity (namely with CS and RBS).

Enjoy your gap year bud.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cheers for the advice. I only found out about these A-level days a week ago so i wasn't too sure how important they are. The opportunity to get fast tracked does sound like a big advantage since I can only assume that competition for SW is higher. Btw I see you posting everywhere and your advice is top notch. Good luck with your exams and making your uni offer. Btw i'm going to warwick too so hopefully i'll see you around next year.
Reply 99
Last minute app to CS, sorry for taking someones space lads (and ladies) :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending