The Student Room Group

Gift idea?

Thinking about getting boyfriend's mum a small gift to say thank you, but, not sure what to get ... I could wait until July but, wanted something that showed that it was from me and has nothing to do with her son. Any ideas?
Reply 1
I mean flowers chocolate etc do the job but they're not memorable and could be from anybody..
Do you have any connection with her or do you just feel like you should get her something? If you're good friends with the mum get something that references an inside joke you may have with her or something that reminds her of a memory you've shared together.
Otherwise socks because no one complains at socks and when she puts them on she'll think to herself "Ah these are the socks that Anaa95 (sure that ain't your name) got me for my birthday"
Reply 2
Original post by Toby007
I mean flowers chocolate etc do the job but they're not memorable and could be from anybody..
Do you have any connection with her or do you just feel like you should get her something? If you're good friends with the mum get something that references an inside joke you may have with her or something that reminds her of a memory you've shared together.
Otherwise socks because no one complains at socks and when she puts them on she'll think to herself "Ah these are the socks that Anaa95 (sure that ain't your name) got me for my birthday"

Lol we are close and yeah we have an inside joke but.. I'm not able to get hold of that certain picture since it is at her side. And she lives nearly 2 hours away. But, so far jewellery is an option ... but not sure if it looks like a bribe or a genuinely kind gift.
Reply 3
Jewellery is a cute option but I guess it depends on your budget, don't make it out like it's bribe :')
Reply 4
Original post by Toby007
Jewellery is a cute option but I guess it depends on your budget, don't make it out like it's bribe :':wink:

I wont and thanks, got her a bracelet and earrings
Reply 5
aww sounds great, sure she'll love them :smile:
Well, I always buy stuff from a site that sell really quirky stuff that has been crowdfunded you could check it out juxdit.com because they do have quite good price range and like, for sure it will be something with a meaning. I think.

Let me know how it goes?
Anything you give her though, she will love you for it.

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest