The Student Room Group

"CAN I GET ALL As IN 35 MINUTES?- EXAMS START TOMORROW." ( Motivational thread.)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anon_98
Of course + thank you. I've added you to the OP. Good luck! :smile:

Good luck, you can do this. :dumbells:

yassssssssss

WE CAN ****ING DO THIS

Spoiler

Reply 21
Original post by Anon_98
Yep, I know I should've prepared better but okay I'm going to properly start at 9:00pm. Work up until 1am. Then wake up early tomorrow to fit in a couple more hours. Hopefully it'll be do-able.

I've put you in the OP. I think that's perfectly manageable! Yes, you're capable of achieving this. You could even go through the unit twice or more in that time, in my opinion. Let us know once you've finished revising for it so I can tick your name off in the OP for that unit.

Good luck :biggrin:

Thank youuuuuuuuu <33333 will do!
We all know the real hardcores start revision on the morning before the exam :wink:
Original post by undercxver
Good idea OP, it should be motivating.

Okay so I have a History Tsarist Russia exam in 7 days. :indiff:

I've covered content, don't know it all though. Attempted about four or five papers. I doubt anyone would have an answer for specifically Tsarist Russia, but if anyone has any ideas for History generally with what grades I can achieve or anything I can do to remember content fast then please help out this lost soul. :redface:

I did it in 4 days and got 96%. Definitely do-able. Not bragging just offering some advice.

PLAN ESSAYS! You don't really have time now to make detailed notes so just keep repeating the key points/arguments until you've committed it to memory. When that's done learn some key facts (don't cram too many though)

Good luck
Lol university exam tomorrow morning, started revising yesterday...

If it makes any of you feel better, I did AS sociology last year. The only revision I did for one of my exams was to quickly read through our work pack about half an hour before. Still got an A in that exam, with a B overall.

I believe in you all!

(P.S if any of you need help with anything or motivational support please feel free to chat with me, we can cry together xo)

Spoiler

AQA Biology B1 - 6 days.

Can I go from 29/60 to 50/60?

Or at least get a grade A?

Can I still do it?

Is there time for an A?!
HIS1C re-sit! I have 6 days, yay! :h:

But tbf failing isn't even an option at this point, so it is GOING TO GO WELL! It just is!
French Listening and Reading: 17th May
Religious Studies Unit 1: 18th May
Reply 28
Original post by Anon_98
Okay, cool. Since I'm the OP, I guess I'll start.

This one isn't a real exam rather a mock on the entire unit buttt..

Maths S2- 5 hours. :rofl: :sad:

Okay, no- if we count tomorrow morning then it's 7/8 hours.

Original post by Anon_98
Thanks, I've added you into the OP. Let us know once you've finished revising for it so I can tick your name off. :smile:
I don't do History but I personally think it's only possible if you dedicate all your time from now until the exam to it bc from what I've heard there's so much content to learn and the essays are really hard to write as they apparently require a lot of practice. Good luck!

Thank you Anon. :hugs: Most probably I will be revising for it till the day of the exam. :K: Btw don't you think if you put the date of the exam in the OP would be easier for you as if you write say "7 days" it would have to be updated everyday?

Yeah it looks like that's what I have to do. :cry: Thanks for the support. :jumphug:

Original post by Jasaron
If structuring your 20 mark answers is an issue (for Edexcel), I could send you some of my full-mark essays? They're on the Soviet Union, though.

Structuring a bit I get stuck on. I'm doing AQA we have 12 and 24 markers for this unit, but if you could send me any of your essays I would be grateful! Thank you.

Original post by darkskies
I did it in 4 days and got 96%. Definitely do-able. Not bragging just offering some advice.

PLAN ESSAYS! You don't really have time now to make detailed notes so just keep repeating the key points/arguments until you've committed it to memory. When that's done learn some key facts (don't cram too many though)

Good luck

Omggg wowwww. I have some faith now! I need 99UMS to get an A overall for my History A Level. :s:

So when you say plan essays, do you mean detailed ones? Or like say for 12 mark essays just do three/four bullet points to sum up the essay? What's your tip or a student that may run out of time in an exam?

Sorry for so many questions. :colondollar:
Reply 30
Original post by lllllllllll
We all know the real hardcores start revision on the morning before the exam :wink:

I've no idea what you mean by this but I'm not trying to be hardcore nor am I hardcore. Rather an idiot. My unfitting laughter in my post was probably down to this reason. It was out of my control. Or at least, it felt that way. Why you think I would deliberately put myself in a position of failure to gain a spot as a wannabe pebble is beyond me.

Edit: Fgs. :rofl:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 31
Original post by TSR Mustafa
Got a Unit 1 resit , wanna get full mus hopefully. I have revised the content for about a month but haven't done so in depth and haven't practiced many papers. The exam is in 2 weeks , pretty confident .

I'm glad you're feeling confident. You can do this! I think 2 weeks is plenty of time for you to refresh on your knowledge, especially as it's a resit.

Original post by MVEMJSUNP
This is such a good idea OP!

First exam is next Tuesday: OCR Sociology AS paper done absolutely no revision hoping to schedule some in for the weekend.

Thank you. Well then I v much hope you spend your weekend wisely. Good luck.- It's possible.
First set (0 hours of revision so far):
Economics - 5 days and 12 days
Maths - 7 days and 14 days
English Lit - 9 days and 15 days
Physics - 13 days
Thank you Anon. :hugs: Most probably I will be revising for it till the day of the exam. :K: Btw don't you think if you put the date of the exam in the OP would be easier for you as if you write say "7 days" it would have to be updated everyday?

Yeah it looks like that's what I have to do. :cry: Thanks for the support. :jumphug:

Structuring a bit I get stuck on. I'm doing AQA we have 12 and 24 markers for this unit, but if you could send me any of your essays I would be grateful! Thank you.

Omggg wowwww. I have some faith now! I need 99UMS to get an A overall for my History A Level. :s:

So when you say plan essays, do you mean detailed ones? Or like say for 12 mark essays just do three/four bullet points to sum up the essay? What's your tip or a student that may run out of time in an exam?

Sorry for so many questions. :colondollar:

I don't mind the questions :smile:

By plan I mean make bullet points of the main arguments with info of the evidence you will use to back up your point. Don't make it too detailed. Writing out plans will also help you consolidate the information.

I don't have much to offer for improving timing though, sorry! I understand the frustration of running out of time. Perhaps say get straight into it and write fast from the beginning.
Reply 34
Original post by homeland.lsw
yassssssssss

WE CAN ****ING DO THIS

Spoiler

Yes, we can!

+ I don't believe it matters what anyone else says. All that matters is what you do and how you perform. Ignore the rest/don't pay attention, it'll most likely just make you more anxious and you don't need that rn.
Reply 35
Original post by _Xenon_

Spoiler

AQA Biology B1 - 6 days.

Can I go from 29/60 to 50/60?

Or at least get a grade A?

Can I still do it?

Is there time for an A?!

Thanks, Xenon. Yes ofc, I think you can definitely do it. You have lots of time. When you're marking the past papers just make sure that you know where you're going wrong. There's no point moving onto another past paper if you haven't solved the problem on the last one, you know? You could watch youtube videos on those areas that you find most difficult/something and work through textbooks answering all/most of the questions bc it'll ensure that you don't make the same mistakes again + stuff. Good luck!

Oh yes, thank you for pointing that out.- I didn't realise. I'll change it all up tomorrow bc I'm too tired rn but it's a much better idea.

More than okay. :'3
Original post by Anon_98
I'm glad you're feeling confident. You can do this! I think 2 weeks is plenty of time for you to refresh on your knowledge, especially as it's a resit.

Thank you. Well then I v much hope you spend your weekend wisely. Good luck.- It's possible.

Awhhh thank you Anon :hugs:

Although im feeling quiet ill , worries me :OOOOOO
Reply 37
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
HIS1C re-sit! I have 6 days, yay! :h:

But tbf failing isn't even an option at this point, so it is GOING TO GO WELL! It just is!

Yayy, great mindset. Good luck!

Original post by Bulletzone
French Listening and Reading: 17th May
Religious Studies Unit 1: 18th May

Original post by DotDotDot...
First set (0 hours of revision so far):
Economics - 5 days and 12 days
Maths - 7 days and 14 days
English Lit - 9 days and 15 days
Physics - 13 days

:dumbells:
Reply 38
Original post by TSR Mustafa
Awhhh thank you Anon :hugs:

Although im feeling quiet ill , worries me :OOOOOO

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that. V much hope you feel better soon! + that's alright.
Reply 39
Maths- C1. 18th Mayyy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending