The Student Room Group

Edexcel gcse literature 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mlb37
Oh damn.. well I suggest getting some revision guides, cgp ones are really helpful

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've got them and tried to learn all the characters and their roles etc. a little while ago, I didn't really enjoy it as I got really bored but I am aware that I'm going to have to do it again, really there is no other choice.:s-smilie:. Thanks for your advice though, I believe it is solely my lack of interest for this particular subject that makes me not so good at it, I hope I develop this interest pretty soon though, not a lot of time left.:frown:
Reply 21
Just keep going at it, I know you don't enjoy it and I get that it's hard to revise for subjects you don't like, but it's another gcse under your belt. Try past paper questions too, that will give you an idea of what to look out for.
I hope your revision goes well!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mlb37
Just keep going at it, I know you don't enjoy it and I get that it's hard to revise for subjects you don't like, but it's another gcse under your belt. Try past paper questions too, that will give you an idea of what to look out for.
I hope your revision goes well!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks a lot! I wish you the best of luck too.:smile:
Reply 23
Original post by hamza772000
Thanks a lot! I wish you the best of luck too.:smile:

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Any predictions for the 47 marker? Of Mice and men
Reply 25
Original post by OHamdy
Any predictions for the 47 marker? Of Mice and men

Do you do gcse lit or igcse?
Reply 26
Original post by Mlb37
Do you do gcse lit or igcse?

gcse edexcel
Original post by OHamdy
gcse edexcel
Did you do a controlled assessment?
Reply 28
Did you do a controlled assessment?

yea
Reply 29
Original post by OHamdy
gcse edexcel

Ohh I do igcse that's why my papers are different

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mlb37
Ohh I do igcse that's why my papers are different

Posted from TSR Mobile
So you do edexcel igcse?
Reply 31
So you do edexcel igcse?

Correct
Original post by Mlb37
Correct
My school did that last year, apparently it doesn't get recognised anymore, well that's what I heard, it probably isn't true.:smile:
Reply 33
My school did that last year, apparently it doesn't get recognised anymore, well that's what I heard, it probably isn't true.:smile:

Oh right.. maybe your school just decided to change it? Well let's hope it's still recognised lol :smile:
What dates are your lit exams?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mlb37
Oh right.. maybe your school just decided to change it? Well let's hope it's still recognised lol :smile:
What dates are your lit exams?

Posted from TSR Mobile
23rd May(Drama and Prose), 27th May(Unseen Texts and Poetry Anthology).
Reply 35
23rd May(Drama and Prose), 27th May(Unseen Texts and Poetry Anthology).

Mine are the same?? I read that it was an igcse now I'm confused lol
Original post by Mlb37
Mine are the same?? I read that it was an igcse now I'm confused lol
Maybe the exams are on the same day but are different, that happens sometimes for example, the edexcel maths papers, foundation and higher, are both on the same day, but are different. We're both doing higher by the way, that was just an example.:smile:
Reply 37
Maybe the exams are on the same day but are different, that happens sometimes for example, the edexcel maths papers, foundation and higher, are both on the same day, but are different. We're both doing higher by the way, that was just an example.:smile:

True I guess so. For drama and prose do you answer 2 questions? And for the other one do you have an unseen text/poem with a question and then questions about anthology poems?
Original post by Mlb37
True I guess so. For drama and prose do you answer 2 questions? And for the other one do you have an unseen text/poem with a question and then questions about anthology poems?
Yes, I suppose so.

Quick Reply

Latest