The Student Room Group
Learn Italian.
I think you might be getting ahead of yourself there. Does she know you like her?
Reply 3
That's out of the question, we both speak English but her family n friends don't speak a word. don't know how Ill get over it
Reply 4
Original post by + polarity -
I think you might be getting ahead of yourself there. Does she know you like her?

yes
I friended her on FB 2 months ago and we've been talking since then.
Original post by Johnpolo
yes

Oh dear
yes

troll or stupid?
Why is this in health?
If you truly love her you would take the time to learn the language
yes

So you havent met her?
How do you intend to support yourself?
Reply 10
(Original post by Johnpolo)

I friended her on FB 2 months ago and we've been talking since then. troll or stupid?

Original post by donutellme
troll or stupid?

stupid
You can get her to translate and overtime you will learn the basics. That's what happened to my dad, he speaks a little Portuguese now. And that's the best thing getting with someone who can teach you different cultures and languages.
Reminds me at a house party where I was drunk and told my Italian friend if she knew that Italy was in the shape of a boot.

We haven't really spoken a lot since.
(Original post by Johnpolo)

I friended her on FB 2 months ago and we've been talking since then. troll or stupid?

stupid

2 months is no time at all, and far too little time for you to make a decision like going to Italy for her. Find out more about her and meet up etc before you commit to such a venture.
Original post by Tsrsarahhhh
If you truly love her you would take the time to learn the language

I wouldn't go that far he'll learn as he goes.
Original post by donutellme
2 months is no time at all, and far too little time for you to make a decision like going to Italy for her. Find out more about her and meet up etc before you commit to such a venture.

oh please it's not like he's getting married already he's just going to a different country let the kid live and learn.
Original post by xobeauty
oh please it's not like he's getting married already he's just going to a different country let the kid live and learn.

Not like it's a visit or holiday either. He says he wants to go live there? Clearly not even thought about how he'll support himself etc.
Is the OP still in school?
I am Italian, the best advice is already learn and speak italian before you go there. Is going to be easy for all. You can't aspect that your gf translate all the time for you, you need to be more indipendent, and the only way is speak italian. My suggestion is also to listen to the pronunciation that the words have in the city where you are going, every city and region have different pronunciation too, like in uk.

Latest