The Student Room Group

Now EU fat cats ‘crack down on KETTLES & TOASTERS in Britain amid avalanche of regula

A raft of popular devices could be barred within weeks of the crucial vote despite senior EU officials warning the move would bring them “ridicule”.

President of the European Commission Jean-Claude Juncker revealed the decision to push ahead with plans so soon after Britain decides whether or not to sever ties with the bloc.

The bizarre ruling is set to be introduced after fat cats decided to restrict the most energy-inefficient appliances in favour of “ecodesign” models.

And the extreme measures could be extended to yet more products after European Commission experts set their sights on mobile phones, patio jet-washers, hand-dryers and internet routers.

Read More:
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/669099/european-union-eu-referendum-commission-jean-claude-juncker-kettles-toasters-ukip
Original post by VoteLeave

The bizarre ruling is set to be introduced after fat cats decided to restrict the most energy-inefficient appliances in favour of “ecodesign” models.

Even "fat cats" have started becoming environmentalists now - just shows how marginalised those who are still denying climate change are.
Oh nooo! Now how will I enjoy my morning toast without knowing it is directly damaging long term survival of humanity? First it starts with light bulb, now toasters, nothing is safe!!
Seriously though what exactly is the problem with this, I mean apart from the fact that it took so long to get around to doing this and your irrational hatred of EU?
Reply 3
Sounds like a good idea.
Original post by MagicNMedicine
Even "fat cats" have started becoming environmentalists now - just shows how marginalised those who are still denying climate change are.

To say it is actually an environmentalist policy shows scientific illiteracy. The same amount of energy needs adding to something net to heat it by a certain temperature, the thing with adding it more slowly is you get more waste energy being used

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest