The Student Room Group

I want to be a billionaire so freaking bad

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by thesmileyone69
It is always funny seeing posts by people who are not billionaires saying that it is impossible to get there with hard work.

Most people I know who come out with such drivel spend their whole lives on benefits.

When you sit down with multimillionaires it becomes clear that they are very driven individuals. Most billionaires do not set out to become billionaires, they end up there because they love their work. The money just comes with it. And most of them don't spend the money they do have because they are too busy working.

I wouldn't like to be one btw. Do you have any idea of how much security problems and paranoia they face? Look at Euguene Kaspersky and what happened to his Son.

There are 2 ways of being a billionaire. One is to surround yourself with an army, never go out, live a boring mundane life because everything is a security risk. Or put yourself in the spotlight. Musk is untouchable because any event would make the news and trigger immediate response. But then everything you do, eat, **** or spend on is on the news too.

**** that, no thanks.

It's not that they didn't work hard, not at all, it's just of the millions of people who work hard, only a handful become billionaires.

Unless you inherit, it's hard to say a billionaire didn't work hard to get there, but extrapolating that to "If I work hard I'll become a billionaire, or anything I want" is just stupidity. It's a requirement, but a small drop in the ocean of requirements for it to happen.

You have to be in the right place, in the right time, with the right skills, with enough start up capital, and work your ass off. For every Bill Gates there's a Bob Jones who had a tech start-up that was a little ahead or behind the times and flopped. Or a specific investor, living in a specific place didn't see it to push it right, or the thing collapsed after their main client got cancer and their company went under through no fault of their own, they were just unlucky, whereas the other guys company got lucky.

Most business owners work their asses off for their business, it's well known that self employed people work hellish hours with so much stress. Yet 15% of workforce is self-employed. I'm sure that's bloated by contractors that aren't really running their own business etc, but it's still something like 5 million people.

How many are billionaires? 53. Fifty three! And most of they probably inherited a lot of it.

Also, we really shouldn't feed the troll.
Original post by phillipc
But I cant be bothered working hard.

you have to either work hard, work smart or just be extra enterally crooked and steal a full diamond exhibition or about 40,000kg of gold bars
Original post by phillipc
Well mr trump worked hard for his billions.

Ah, yes; I remember the biopic.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
I just want to be able to sleep 8 hours a night tbh.

I wouldn't complain if I got 6 hours. :getmecoat:
Ohh everytime I close my eyes, I see my name in shining lights oh yeah yeah

A different city every night oh right, I swear, the world better prepare, for when I'm a billionaire!
Original post by Serine Soul
Ohh everytime I close my eyes, I see my name in shining lights oh yeah yeah

A different city every night oh right, I swear, the world better prepare, for when I'm a billionaire!

The song's stuck in my head. :colonhash:

Spoiler

Original post by TheOtherSide.
The song's stuck in my head. :colonhash:

Spoiler

https://youtu.be/8aRor905cCw

:teehee:

Noooooooooo :cry2:

Spoiler

Noooooooooo :cry2:

Spoiler

Sorry :getmecoat:
Reply 29
[video="youtube;8aRor905cCw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aRor905cCw&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Sorry I had to do it? :tongue:
Original post by Serine Soul
Sorry :getmecoat:

It's alright. :hugs:

Spoiler

Reply 31
cool :badger::badger:
I wouldn't complain if I got 6 hours. :getmecoat:

Ikr, I get like 3 a night atm. It's awful. Too much stress! :frown:
Original post by Hanvyj
It's not that they didn't work hard, not at all, it's just of the millions of people who work hard, only a handful become billionaires.

Unless you inherit, it's hard to say a billionaire didn't work hard to get there, but extrapolating that to "If I work hard I'll become a billionaire, or anything I want" is just stupidity. It's a requirement, but a small drop in the ocean of requirements for it to happen.

You have to be in the right place, in the right time, with the right skills, with enough start up capital, and work your ass off. For every Bill Gates there's a Bob Jones who had a tech start-up that was a little ahead or behind the times and flopped. Or a specific investor, living in a specific place didn't see it to push it right, or the thing collapsed after their main client got cancer and their company went under through no fault of their own, they were just unlucky, whereas the other guys company got lucky.

Most business owners work their asses off for their business, it's well known that self employed people work hellish hours with so much stress. Yet 15% of workforce is self-employed. I'm sure that's bloated by contractors that aren't really running their own business etc, but it's still something like 5 million people.

How many are billionaires? 53. Fifty three! And most of they probably inherited a lot of it.

Also, we really shouldn't feed the troll.

I have started and failed 7 companies since I was 14.

I have seen $0 months and seen $25k months.

I still continue....

Should I just give up now then because so many people fail and a few people win the womb lottery?
Reply 34
Original post by thesmileyone69
I have started and failed 7 companies since I was 14.

I have seen $0 months and seen $25k months.

I still continue....

Should I just give up now then because so many people fail and a few people win the womb lottery?

When did I say give up?

If I said to you now, I've seen into the future and you're not going to be a billionaire, however hard you try, (you won't, however many businesses you create, and run) would you give up?

Probably not, because becoming a billionaire isn't the single reason you do these things. If it is, then you're an idiot.

You try hard because you want to be successful, you don't try hard to be a billionaire. If you're only definition of success is becoming a billionaire, you're going to have a bad time.
I don't want to be a billionaire, but I think it is stupid to tell 16-18 year olds (the demographic of this forum) that they won't be billionaires because it is too unlikely.

Quick Reply

Latest