The Student Room Group

HOW DO I REVISE IN 4 DAYS AND GET ALL As

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Honestly I think confidence is actually not taught enough in schools. You honestly have to walk into an exam and pretend your a genius XD

Honestly I've sat exams before and afterwards I've felt near suicidal because of the horrible thoughts I've had whilst taking the exam, obviously THAT DOESN'T HELP!

I have promised myself this year, not matter how under prepared I feel, I am not going to be horrible to me before,during or after the exam because that just tears you apart in the exam room and ruins your performance.

I had a bad exam today. I don't wanna derail the thread so I'll stop there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lazybutorganised
thanks for the video website, i dont want a C tho. i need an A to get my predicted grade. and now AS grades go on ucas. im getting As in c1, any advice for s1??

The same advice applies for ALL Maths modules. Its all about practice.

You've left it too late, so getting an A will be much more difficult.
Original post by ServantOfMorgoth
I had a bad exam today. I don't wanna derail the thread so I'll stop there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can PM me if you like :hugs:.

One bad exam doesn't mean the rest will be bad, a bad exam doesn't mean your stupid. Don't tear yourself apart over it!
[QUOTE=ServantOfMorgoth;64732873]Oh sorry, for stats, just use a good book with lots of examples. Go through the examples and make sure you understand them and do the past paper questions as practice and use the examples as a guide and ONLY if you get stuck look at the mark scheme to see what's up.
Posted from TSR Mobilethanks! ill use my textbook, and good luck for all your exams!
Reply 104
Alevel : Law, Religious studies and English Lit and Lang (Doing both AS and A2 due to resits in order to gain better marks :smile:)
thank you! what do you study???
Ive got 4 days until my first AS exam and I am no way prepared. I am a last minute person and always cram like 2 days before. I have revised bits for each subject but i am no way confident or ready. somebody help?!?! I study Bio, Chem, Maths and psychology. I need 4 As this year, any advice and motivation? Can i do it?

Tried this last year, only got AABC haha, Not repeating this mistake this year, and starting at least 2.5 weeks early for every exam. But, I'll give some tips for maths, chem and biology.

Maths - ExamSolutions, exam papers non-stop and try out solomon papers (more difficult).
Chemistry - past papers
biology - idk, because I started like 2 months before the exam... but, rewrite your notes, read the textbook, and do past papers

Depends on how much you understand the subject really, as I only did one day of revision for geography and got an A.
Maths should be simple. If you're doing edexcel, C1 is piss, just do a couple of practice papers. With C2, do practice papers and also go over the theory for slightly awkward stuff like area under a curve in segments to make sure you're getting it right. IF you're doing S1, it's all about putting numbers into formulae, but I suggest going over discrete random variable, probability and the definitions. Again, practice papers. If you're doing M1, practice the last questions on papers, they test you on Statics, connected particles, suvat and everything in between. Make sure to go over moments as those can be tricky too. Hope this helps!
Reply 107
If you have already taken your Alevels, what subjects did you take & what grades did you get?
Original post by BlueIsTheNewRed
I was already gone, why bring me back? Anyways I'm actually more than willing to help those who actually need help a.k.a. people who actually try.
Reply 108
Believe me, if you have left it 4 days before the exam to start revising... You ain't going to be scraping Es nevermind As. Best hope is probably not to attend sixth form and have intensive revision sessions at home instead.

I am an A2 student- speaking from experience you need to start revising at least a month in advance and at least have completed 2/3 practice papers, understand the mark scheme and also understand the specification itself.

I hope you do well. If you do manage to progress onto your second year, revise well before the exam next time!
Reply 109
THANK YOU SO MUCH, IM STARTING NOW. any advice to help memorise the notes?? i kinda crammed for 2 mocks the night before and got AB. thanks again

Just start right now.
[QUOTE=YeSand;64734187]Just start right now.

throwing my ipad out ofnthe window lol, yes intensive revision. and everyone, i only have two exams next week and theyre spaced out. i think can do it . then 4 the next week . ( excuse my grammar)
Reply 111
throwing my ipad out ofnthe window lol, yes intensive revision. and everyone, i only have two exams next week and theyre spaced out. i think can do it . then 4 the next week . ( excuse my grammar)

Dude you gotta revise even if you don't 'feel' like it. Like who gives a fruit if you don't feel like it. I revised even if I didn't feel like it and got an A*. :smile:
Original post by NHM
Believe me, if you have left it 4 days before the exam to start revising... You ain't going to be scraping Es nevermind As. Best hope is probably not to attend sixth form and have intensive revision sessions at home instead.

I am an A2 student- speaking from experience you need to start revising at least a month in advance and at least have completed 2/3 practice papers, understand the mark scheme and also understand the specification itself.

I hope you do well. If you do manage to progress onto your second year, revise well before the exam next time!

Its possible to get a C overall for Maths, but much more harder for the other subjects. Luckily he has a few more weeks left for a few exams that are in June (such as S1 and AQA unit 2 Bio).
Reply 113
Original post by kkboyk
Its possible to get a C overall for Maths, but much more harder for the other subjects. Luckily he has a few more weeks left for a few exams that are in June (such as S1 and AQA unit 2 Bio).

Everyone has different strength :tongue: I know for psychology last year I got a B overall and literally revised a month in advance, so unless he's Freud.. I wish him some serious luck 😂😂
Ive got 4 days until my first AS exam and I am no way prepared. I am a last minute person and always cram like 2 days before. I have revised bits for each subject but i am no way confident or ready. somebody help?!?! I study Bio, Chem, Maths and psychology. I need 4 As this year, any advice and motivation? Can i do it?

Don't listen to the negativity! Try your best to study as hard as you can without stressing and wearing yourself down and hope for the best but take into consideration that you might still not get the best results but never give up,learn from your mistakes and do better next time. Also good luck!!
you alright mate

im doin the same subjects as you basically, swap physics with maths...

ive been doing pretty **** the whole year, but have improving rapidly by doing past papers and reviewing answers. ive created a sock youtube that im using primarily now to watch curriculum based videos, from your subjects, i'd recommend:

Allery Chemistry
Bozeman Science
CrashCourse
Jack A-Level TTC
Khan Academy
MaChemGuy
Professor Dave Explains

Some might be relevant if you don't do the same exam boards, i'm OCR for all sciences and AQA for psychology. a bit of hand-picking and you should find yourself a useful resource to use while resting.

we can get through this together mate!! suffer!! its just for 3 weeks!!!
One word. Sweat.

Do mad revision
Original post by Vivi11
If you have already taken your Alevels, what subjects did you take & what grades did you get?

Spoiler

But lets not make this about me, the point I was trying to make is that people don't get far leaving things to last minute...

You don't and you can't, you should not have left it so late.

Quick Reply

Latest