The Student Room Group

Edexcel ICT GCSE - How many UMS?

How many UMS marks do i need for an A* in my ICT edexcel GCSE - I've already done my 'Music Festival' course work and got about 97 UMS marks (61/80 raw marks), so i need to find out whether it is even still possible to get an A* with the exam.
Reply 1
Original post by Mossie99
How many UMS marks do i need for an A* in my ICT edexcel GCSE - I've already done my 'Music Festival' course work and got about 97 UMS marks (61/80 raw marks), so i need to find out whether it is even still possible to get an A* with the exam.

Based on 2015's grade boundaries

Yes you would have about 96/97 UMS for the coursework.
For an A* you need 180UMS, meaning you need 84UMS for the exam. The paper is out of 80UMS.

To get an A you need 160UMS, meaning you need 64UMS for the exam, which last year was 44/80 raw marks.
Original post by Mossie99

It is impossible according to last years grade boundaries for A*
Original post by ScienceFantatic
It is impossible according to last years grade boundaries for A*

How much would i need in the exam? For my coursework i got high seventies out of 80. Say if it got marked down to 70/80 then how much would i need in the exam?
Original post by ibrahim11
How much would i need in the exam? For my coursework i got high seventies out of 80. Say if it got marked down to 70/80 then how much would i need in the exam?

Don't know as the grade boundaries change every year. But since 70 is just the boundary for A* in the coursework, so you'd need an A* in the exam( just on the boundary as well), last year that was 50.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending