The Student Room Group

Girl Gaming?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by govtandpolitics
Yeah exactly that!
Just wish there were girls who played games so we could even out the playing field :biggrin:

Yeah like for them to show how good they are :biggrin:

I think there's a few female youtubers who play vidji games and the lot e.g. SSsniperwolf ,,, also OMGitsfirefox (think that's her name?)
Original post by a_regular_asian
Also vice versa, there's been boys better than girls too XD

I think the level between professional male and female players are the same tbh, just you see more of the males

Well in terms of success, then the females are way behind. the hightest ranking female is 288th.
Original post by harinimnida
Literally no boy I have ever met on a game has criticised me for being a girl.

I'm pretty sure most people don't act this way, petty feminist girls always find something to complain about in nothing.

So every other girl must have experienced it similarly?
Original post by 999tigger
Ofc some girls are better than some boys because there are millions of players. More boys play video games, so hardly suprising, but there will be some very good female players. The top e-sports teams are still male dominated. Top female is 288th. There are professional female players though.

What on Earth are you even talking about?

288th? Pull that number of a hat? What game? Are there even rankings in any game that go to 288?

:lmao:
Original post by 999tigger
Well in terms of success, then the females are way behind. the hightest ranking female is 288th.

well then, the females better get going! :biggrin:
Original post by brainhuman
What on Earth are you even talking about?

288th? Pull that number of a hat? What game? Are there even rankings in any game that go to 288?

:lmao:

hmmm, idk a lot rts games have ranks, or in terms of dota for example you get down to like 5000s
Yeah like for them to show how good they are :biggrin:

I think there's a few female youtubers who play vidji games and the lot e.g. SSsniperwolf ,,, also OMGitsfirefox (think that's her name?)

Yep, to show how good we are :biggrin:
I'll check them out 👍
hmmm, idk a lot rts games have ranks, or in terms of dota for example you get down to like 5000s

would those be ones where you have some sort of "ELO" based ranking? Usually for individuals rather than teams?
Posted from TSR Mobile
Try playing league of legends. Get a better rank than me and ill believe that girls can be better than boys in games. Good luck.
Original post by Alice_Strawbs
I don't think you can say one way or the other "Oh, boys are better" or "Oh, girls are better" all boys and girls are separate individuals and have their own skills and interests.

I'm a girl who plays video games. So what?

There are boys I know on my course who want to go into fashion publishing - again, so what?

We shouldn't have to be defined by gender stereotypes.

IF I COULD GIVE TEN THOUSAND REPS I WOULD GIVE THEM ALL RIGHT HERE:bl::bl::bl:
Isn't it funny? :colondollar: These games come with mute and block features for a reason, these girls who cry over being called "gamer girls" probably don't block these guys for the extra attention they give them :L

Quite a few female LoL streamers constantly cry on stream over being called a girl or being bad at the game, when all they do is point a webcam at their cleavage and ask for donations :s-smilie:

You don't have a first clue at the psychology behind those streamers, do you?
Yep, to show how good we are :biggrin:
I'll check them out 👍

And if all else fails, try starting youtube urself :wink:
Original post by Alice_Strawbs
I don't think you can say one way or the other "Oh, boys are better" or "Oh, girls are better" all boys and girls are separate individuals and have their own skills and interests.

I'm a girl who plays video games. So what?

There are boys I know on my course who want to go into fashion publishing - again, so what?

We shouldn't have to be defined by gender stereotypes.

I don't think it's a case of defining the genders to just one side, but I'm just saying, games have traditionally been mainly dominated by males and in recent years, more girls have started playing them and so it's going to be compared but not stereotyping but just noticing how girls can be better than boys in an area that it hasn't always been common. :smile:
Original post by Spock's Socks
I've never been criticised by a guy for playing games. It usually girls that do the criticising. They say you only play games to impress guys or that you aren't a true gamer unless you play famous modern games like COD, Fallout. Guys have either been neutral or happy that I play games and treat me like one of the guys - they don't take it easy on me, especially not on UT2004 :laugh:

Quality! I need to find my copy of that and play it again.

Though tbh I preferred the maps on the original.
Original post by HuzaifahN
Posted from TSR Mobile
Try playing league of legends. Get a better rank than me and ill believe that girls can be better than boys in games. Good luck.

What rank are you?
And if all else fails, try starting youtube urself :wink:

Don't think I'm that good! :biggrin:
What rank are you?

Doesnt matter, he could be boosted :bl:
Original post by HuzaifahN
Posted from TSR Mobile

You better than hi im gosu?
Don't think I'm that good! :biggrin:

You never know :biggrin::wink:
Doesnt matter, he could be boosted :bl:

😂 maybe

Quick Reply

Latest