The Student Room Group

Girl Gaming?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by harinimnida
why do these league streamers seem like adult scene kids tbh

It's a plus for them init
Original post by 999tigger
Wow great comeback from accusing me of making it up. I defined what it was based on at the beginning.

At the moment theres a female league of legends player called Remillia, who plays for Renegades.

Nope. She was dropped quite early in the spring split and has since left. Which makes me think you are just randomly googling stuff and making it up as you go.

But no, you didn't that was my point. You were making some random comment that the best girl is only 288th... and I was like wtf does that even mean.
why do these league streamers seem like adult scene kids tbh

Money.

Kaceytron is the biggest internet troll there is and she is getting loaded off of it. There are people who donate to her just so their abuse pops up on stream.
Original post by brainhuman
Money.

Kaceytron is the biggest internet troll there is and she is getting loaded off of it. There are people who donate to her just so their abuse pops up on stream.

I meant their idiot haircuts and clothes rather than their publicity stunts.
The fact is that most people don't expect girls to be as good at gaming as boys because they deadass aren't 99.9% of the time.
Most girls won't spend a lot of time playing vidya (not counting casual mobile games) because it's not a very popular hobby with gals, and even if they do it's probably a lot less than the demographic of boys that play vidya.
So yeah, nobody is stopping you. Go break the stereotype and crush some kid if you want
Original post by tazarooni89
Nobody thinks that a girl can't be better at boys at video games. People think that they usually aren't. Also I've never heard of a girl ever being criticised for playing them in the first place.

Yeah, it's just never been the "norm" for girls to play video games and now it is increasingly becoming the "norm". By criticised, I mean in the sense that girls can sometimes be called for doing something has previously been a boyish thing and it's no longer really seen as that anymore, but there are still people who see it as this. :smile:
Nope. She was dropped quite early in the spring split and has since left. Which makes me think you are just randomly googling stuff and making it up as you go.

But no, you didn't that was my point. You were making some random comment that the best girl is only 288th... and I was like wtf does that even mean.

You might wnat to read the thread. Its about female gamers. I wasnt even talking to you at the time before you started jumping in and accusing me of stuff which made you look like an idiot. I stated it was based on professional earnings , which is a fair measure.

Again you were incapable of seeing that in context with the disucssion i was having with someone else. So do one.
Original post by Frontflips
The fact is that most people don't expect girls to be as good at gaming as boys because they deadass aren't 99.9% of the time.
Most girls won't spend a lot of time playing vidya (not counting casual mobile games) because it's not a very popular hobby with gals, and even if they do it's probably a lot less than the demographic of boys that play vidya.
So yeah, nobody is stopping you. Go break the stereotype and crush some kid if you want

I don't quite agree with you on how girls aren't as good as guys 99.9% of the time. Girls who regularly play games are going to be just as good as the guys :tongue:
Original post by govtandpolitics
Yeah, it's just never been the "norm" for girls to play video games and now it is increasingly becoming the "norm". By criticised, I mean in the sense that girls can sometimes be called for doing something has previously been a boyish thing and it's no longer really seen as that anymore, but there are still people who see it as this. :smile:

Tbf though many boys are immature idiots like to show off and can feel threatened, hence they respond the way they do. If there are enough players, then ofc there will be more highly skilled ones. I dont think theres anything genetic you just need the same type of enthusiasm/ fanaticism to practice. Females might not do it becayse theyd rather do other things than devote the amount of time needed.

is this a troll post?
Original post by 999tigger
You might wnat to read the thread. Its about female gamers. I wasnt even talking to you at the time before you started jumping in and accusing me of stuff which made you look like an idiot. I stated it was based on professional earnings , which is a fair measure.

Again you were incapable of seeing that in context with the disucssion i was having with someone else. So do one.

You should never accuse someone online of making themselves look like an idiot, in a post that makes yourself look like one:

"The top e-sports teams are still male dominated. Top female is 288th. There are professional female players though." - you on the first page.

You jumped from e-sports teams being male dominated to "top female is 288th". You never even mentioned earnings, and the way it is written, it reads that the top female team is 288th.

Moreover, you weren't talking to anyone. That post quoted no one. Not that that should matter, if you post on a forum, expect to get replies. Just lulz that you think otherwise.

I always enjoy replying to people like you the most. It's too delicious to see someone accusing you (or someone else) of being an idiot when that very post makes themselves look stupid. It's the main reason I joined again.

So thanks for making my night.
I don't quite agree with you on how girls aren't as good as guys 99.9% of the time. Girls who regularly play games are going to be just as good as the guys :tongue:

I agree, I'm saying it's simply not so in reality because girls spend less time playing them.
is this a troll post?

??? no? The average girl spends less time playing video games than the average guy, so the average girl is at a lower skill than the average guy, so the resounding belief is that guys are better at video games than girls.
I agree, I'm saying it's simply not so in reality because girls spend less time playing them.

Not necessarily. What about all the girls who are just as much in to playing video games as guys are?
You should never accuse someone online of making themselves look like an idiot, in a post that makes yourself look like one:

"The top e-sports teams are still male dominated. Top female is 288th. There are professional female players though." - you on the first page.

You jumped from e-sports teams being male dominated to "top female is 288th". You never even mentioned earnings, and the way it is written, it reads that the top female team is 288th.

The top teams are male dominated.
The top female is not the same as top female team. If id meant female team i would have posted female team. You seem to have a problem with comprehension.
??? no? The average girl spends less time playing video games than the average guy, so the average girl is at a lower skill than the average guy, so the resounding belief is that guys are better at video games than girls.

The way you said it was awful strange, even if girls do play properly they play less because it's not a girly thing to do? Thats quite an assumption.
The way you said it was awful strange, even if girls do play properly they play less because it's not a girly thing to do? Thats quite an assumption.

You're probably right, it's just that the majority of girls I've met who play video games just play stuff like telltale and the other interactive ones and not much else. The majority of the guys I've met that play video games will sink hundreds of hours into competitive genres because they value competition over story.
Maybe other people have had different experiences

Well I mean, video games are certainly a far more common interest amongst boys than girls. And even the few girls I know who play them tend to do so more casually, perhaps because they have a brother who plays them or something like that. On top of that you can see that most games are marketed towards boys in terms of their content.

Whilst I don't think it has ever been the "norm" for girls to be so interested in video games, I've also never come across anyone who think's there's something wrong with it.
Grill gamer checking inImageUploadedByStudent Room1463009293.795667.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Its often thought that girls aren't as good on COD or other video games as boys are. I disagree with this and it annoys me when boys believe that girls cant be better than them and it also annoys me that girls are sometimes criticized over the fact they may play video games as it is seen as a boy thing?

I tip my fedora to you.
The amount of times I have been dominated by girls on league of legends and counter strike...

Quick Reply

Latest