The Student Room Group

Maths igcse paper 4

Scroll to see replies

Original post by simivb
I think you could have used the sine or cosine, but it was four marks, so i used the cosine
adn to the mr chang thing it was one thousand something, I just don't remember what, but yes i did add all of it.

i got something like 1300ish on mr chang
Reply 21
Original post by Abdullah IGCSE
i got something like 1300ish on mr chang

yeah,i think it' s something like that. I know I got 1100 in something though
I personally think the grade boundary on paper 4 would be about 100 for an A or something like that mean while paper 2 about 49 or 51 for an A

Sorry if this is a weird question but from which country r u giving exam from
Reply 23
The paper was brilliant and ridiculously easy. I think the threshold will be pretty high, like 123/130 or something.
Paper 22 was terrible though.
The ans for the distance travelled was 1130 km.
The area of the logo was 194.
The surface area of the cuboid was 9900, or something.
After convrsion to m^2, it was 0.99.
The last probability was 0.243.
The last equation thing was y=-1/3+13/3.
The price of the economy ticket was $800.
These were the somewhat challenging questions, as per most of my friends' enquiries after the exam.
Good luck for the other papers :smile:
Reply 24
Original post by msmeme
The paper was brilliant and ridiculously easy. I think the threshold will be pretty high, like 123/130 or something.
Paper 22 was terrible though.
The ans for the distance travelled was 1130 km.
The area of the logo was 194.
The surface area of the cuboid was 9900, or something.
After convrsion to m^2, it was 0.99.
The last probability was 0.243.
The last equation thing was y=-1/3+13/3.
The price of the economy ticket was $800.
These were the somewhat challenging questions, as per most of my friends' enquiries after the exam.
Good luck for the other papers :smile:

I GOT ALL OF THEM RIGHT I THINK. The probablitiy question was the hardest for me, definitely. I think for the area of the logo I got 196, but I'm not really sure. Thanks for the help!
I took the maths paper 4.1, anyone else? Also, does anyone know when these papers become available online on igcsecentre, xtremepapers etc.?
Reply 26
Original post by Settle
I took the maths paper 4.1, anyone else? Also, does anyone know when these papers become available online on igcsecentre, xtremepapers etc.?

Noo sorry, i suppose after results come out
Original post by simivb
Noo sorry, i suppose after results come out

:// thats too bad. My sister told me some tests she took for a-levels this year are available online now, like they were leaked or something. And I feel like cambridge's gonna take a loong time to publish those papers ..
Reply 28
Original post by nicholasr
:// thats too bad. My sister told me some tests she took for a-levels this year are available online now, like they were leaked or something. And I feel like cambridge's gonna take a loong time to publish those papers ..

I know!! A level papers come out immediately but gcse cie ones for some reason never doo. I did find a provisional mark scheme for english first language 22 if you want it though
Original post by simivb
I know!! A level papers come out immediately but gcse cie ones for some reason never doo. I did find a provisional mark scheme for english first language 22 if you want it though

Id ask you for it but sadly i took 21 not 22 :frown: but thank you! If anyone does have any other mark schemes, or even question papers for the igcses, please do link!
Area of logo= 194 to 3sf
Area of true logo= 12.1ish
Mr Chang used 1130 L
I did paper 42. It was okay, definitely much better than paper 22.
Original post by simivb

Can you link it to me? I did that paper.
Original post by simivb
I think you could have used the sine or cosine, but it was four marks, so i used the cosine
adn to the mr chang thing it was one thousand something, I just don't remember what, but yes i did add all of it.

Yh u r correct it was around 1000l nd about 150 dollars ryt?
Original post by Crossover
Area of logo= 194 to 3sf
Area of true logo= 12.1ish
Mr Chang used 1130 L

Evrythings ryt except the true logo thing i guess it was 0.99
the only thing i think i got wrong were the function questions with something =1/27 i used trial and error but i dont know if im right
Original post by Rohit_Rocks10
Evrythings ryt except the true logo thing i guess it was 0.99

i think your talking about the conversion thing to m^2...
Original post by simivb

We could've used both the sine and cosine. I used both to check n they gave the same answer. Mr Chang used 1130 liters. Trust me I did the whole paper thrice (excluding the rechecking)!
Original post by simivb

We could've used both sine and cosine rule. I used both and obtained the same answer. Mr chang used 1130 litres. Trust me I had done the whole paper thrice (excluding the times i rechecked)!
i think your talking about the conversion thing to m^2...

The surface area was 9300 cm^2 and it came out to be 0.93 m^2.
Whereas the loga was to be solved by 1/4^2 x 194. The area is always squared the sf.

Quick Reply

Latest