The Student Room Group

Psychology with Business career options?

I'm interested in doing Psychology at uni but I'm worried about the amount of career options it opens up as I don't want to go on to do masters which most careers require. If I did joint psychology and business what kind of other career routes would be open to me?
Original post by adamdaniel_
I'm interested in doing Psychology at uni but I'm worried about the amount of career options it opens up as I don't want to go on to do masters which most careers require. If I did joint psychology and business what kind of other career routes would be open to me?

Most 'business' roles take on degree holders of all kinds.. Psychology students seem to congregate in the HR/Marketing ones tho, don't know why.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Princepieman
Most 'business' roles take on degree holders of all kinds.. Psychology students seem to congregate in the HR/Marketing ones tho, don't know why.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Because psychology isnt good for much else and a big part of marketing is about making something appeal on a cognitive level.
Original post by adamdaniel_

It would depend really on why you were doing that and what you wanted to do.
Original post by GUMI
Because psychology isnt good for much else and a big part of marketing is about making something appeal on a cognitive level.

Meh, they do some stats don't they?

Could be useful for consulting, trading, finance etc..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Princepieman
Meh, they do some stats don't they?

Could be useful for consulting, trading, finance etc..

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know someone who does psychology and he told me that they only do basic statistics material such as standard deviation, regression lines, distributions etc... basically S1 and some S2 maths stuff
Original post by Trapz99
I know someone who does psychology and he told me that they only do basic statistics material such as standard deviation, regression lines, distributions etc... basically S1 and some S2 maths stuff

They still do stats tho. You're not going to be making some insane regression model with multiple input and output variables in consulting/standard (i.e. not exotic) trading.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Trapz99

Depending how far you go in studying Psychology and how immersed in stats you go, but even the most basic of undergraduate stats will cover far more than this. Whether any of it is useful to any of those jobs however, I don't know.

Quick Reply

Latest