The Student Room Group

Why do you smoke cigarettes?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hydeman
I was referring to the shortened life expectancy. :lol:
(Though it's probably not that great an effect for an occasional smoker.)

Yes i know. :tongue:

Well... you say that... but before you know it you're on chemo. I know people....
I hate when people say that you can save that much money by not smoking you can buy a luxury car with the money saved. Well if u ain't smoking where is ur luxury car? U r still driving a corsa 😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just wonder how people actually get into it for the first time.
Reply 23
purely for the cancer
Original post by champ_mc99
Yes i know. :tongue:

Well... you say that... but before you know it you're on chemo. I know people....

'Tis acceptable risk, in my view. :dontknow:
Original post by Abstract_Prism
I just wonder how people actually get into it for the first time.

For mr it was peer pressure, i was young and dumb i'm nearly18 now and i really want stop, but can't
Tried my first toke on a cig when I was 22. Disgusting. Weed/hash is nice.

Got a cigar lined up for after exams.
My girlfriend always said she did it because it was pleasant to her and she enjoyed it too much to stop - as in, the pleasure in the now was more important to her than potential future complications. She'd regularly smoked for 8 years (1/4 to 2 packets a day). Then we started talking about moving in together and after some misunderstandings and minor rows, she gave up on it. Which makes me feel like oh so proud and loved lol. After the period of no smoking, she now coughs at trying to and the cigs are not pleasant to her palate, so I guess she may have just left them for good...
I smoke about 40 a day now because I've been living in Eastern Europe for a year and I can get a pack of Marlboro gold for about 80p-£1, maximum £1.50.
Reply 29
It calms me.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest