The Student Room Group

You have to write in Black inc?

I don't think I have written in black ink since last year. Why can't you use blue? I have been using blue all this time and im not use to black. I doubt that the colour of a pen will effect my writing.
What happens if you do write in blue ink?

Now lets just say for example you were using a calculator and it breaks, would they find another one or?? Stupid question.
They scan your answers onto a computer, right?

I would imagine black ink shows up easier.
Reply 2
Black Inc., the new source for all your writing needs.

With regards to the colour of ink, I doubt they'd reject your paper for using blue ink. But you do have to be on the safe side, black is specified as necessary by most papers so there's no point taking a risk.

Calculators? No, they don't have to provide a second one. We're encouraged to take in two in case that happens.

:cute:
Back in the day, my maths teacher said that using black ink made mistakes less noticeable. No idea if that is true or not, but I have been using black ink in exams ever since!
Is this a joke? We have just done this thread.
Read what the exam board says. For all the exams i have ever taken its always been black or dark blue, due to them showing up on a scanner or photocopier. You will be fine with blue. better things to frett about.
Reply 5
Original post by 999tigger
Is this a joke? We have just done this thread.
Read what the exam board says. For all the exams i have ever taken its always been black or dark blue, due to them showing up on a scanner or photocopier. You will be fine with blue. better things to frett about.

Sorry, I didn't see the other thread. Probably should of looked it up.
Original post by Kholmes1
Sorry, I didn't see the other thread. Probably should of looked it up.

No worries, just focus on your exam. It should say on the rubric black or dark blue. Its not soemthing to frett about. Good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest