How did your exam go ?
Mine went really well unlike chem u3 :V
What was your value for resistivity ?

(something)x10^-6
Original post by mira99
who's taking bio chem phy and math ??

i take all of them except bio
Original post by OnTheHorizon
Sadly I don't think so :frown: as most of the people wrote between 4.5 and 5 for gradient even below 4.5 I'm not sure but I don't think 5.7 is gonna cut it.For resistivity you might get method marks but the answer was 1.xx*10^-6 not anymore than a 1.

What was the diameter of the wire from which we had to calculate the area.
if u remember tell the diameter.
can we keep current constant by keepin cross sectional area of wire constant as
I =nqva
isnt da purpse of da variable resistor is to vary current btw???
(edited 7 years ago)
can we tell resistivity value differs because of contact resistance between connecting wires is not taken into calculation?
Original post by Ahmed3651998
What was the diameter of the wire from which we had to calculate the area.
if u remember tell the diameter.

I think it was 0.56 or 0.056*10^-3
what did you guys answer for the question about how to keep current constant? I wrote use a variable resistor.
is it bad that I gave more than one answer for the last question; about why the results may be inaccurate??
Hey guys what did you write for the last question?
Reply 149
To determine refractive index i said use equation u=Sini/Sin r.
I didnt mention about Plotting a Sin i against Sin r graph, and gradient = refractive index.
So how many marks do i loose?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Ayaaazzz
what did you guys answer for the question about how to keep current constant? I wrote use a variable resistor.

Yeah I wrote pretty much the same thing using a potentiometer...
Original post by ToxicPhantom007
Umm.. with this way you could just read off the current and you won't MAKE it constant ryt ? What if the ammeter reading isn't constant :V
I wrote that use a variable resistor

But doesn't a variable resistor also alter the current in the circuit?
Original post by methrian
Hey guys what did you write for the last question?

I mentioned that the wire may have gotten hotter which will affect the resistance of the wire therefore, this would have given a slightly different value (even if the calculations are correct).
Original post by userk 12
is it bad that I gave more than one answer for the last question; about why the results may be inaccurate??

I don't think so, it depends on the number of marks. How many marks was that question worth?
Original post by don't cry-craft
I mentioned that the wire may have gotten hotter which will affect the resistance of the wire therefore, this would have given a slightly different value (even if the calculations are correct).

I wrote the current wont be constant:frown:
Original post by don't cry-craft
I don't think so, it depends on the number of marks. How many marks was that question worth?

it was one mark but thanks
Original post by ToxicPhantom007
Hi everybody !!
How did your exam go ?
Mine went really well unlike chem u3 :V
What was your value for resistivity ?

Mine was 1.21x10*-6
Reply 157
Original post by Ayaaazzz

same
i put thick lines, or ambient light
guys, for the comment on safety, i put relatively safe experiment/ low risk experiment
and i got the vernier caliper question wrong, i put C
question 7 was actually nice, it was a delightful change
but there was a comment on whether repeat readings are appropriate or not, i wrote they are unless lamp gets hot, is that right?
also there was list additional apparatus, i wrote protractor and pins
also Last question, the resistivity was 1.11 x 10^-6, but i wrote it only to 2 SF, is that fine?

Quick Reply

Latest