English literature - A
Maths - B
French. B
History. B
Rs. B
Science. CC
Geography. C
And I'm doing a levels and have been predicted A* A and b/c
Is there any point in me applying at UCL, LSE KCL or Edinburgh for law?
I think Edinburgh is worth a shot as their entry requirements are not as rigid as the others, but your chances of getting into UCL, LSE or KCL with only A*AB are low. Perhaps apply to one as a 'chance option', but make sure you have back ups.
In order to have a shot at Edinburgh you would need to get a B rather than a C alongside the A* & A.

i know lots of people who got A*AB and they were rejected. Their requirements are lower than the other unis you mentioned but they receive so many applications per year for law so they can be really strict with whom they accept.
Reply 3
Original post by Snufkin
I think Edinburgh is worth a shot as their entry requirements are not as rigid as the others, but your chances of getting into UCL, LSE or KCL with only A*AB are low. Perhaps apply to one as a 'chance option', but make sure you have back ups.

Thanks! which other uni's do you recommend then?
Reply 4
Original post by evalilyXOX
In order to have a shot at Edinburgh you would need to get a B rather than a C alongside the A* & A.

i know lots of people who got A*AB and they were rejected. Their requirements are lower than the other unis you mentioned but they receive so many applications per year for law so they can be really strict with whom they accept.

thanks! which other uni's do you recommend i apply fro then?
Original post by Banter0113
thanks! which other uni's do you recommend i apply fro then?

Well for Law, Glasgow has a better name than Edinburgh in Scotland. We place above Edinburgh in the league tables.
Although they do have tougher entry requirements.

Strathclyde also gets a great name and they have a fabulous law clinic. They are not as hard to get into and the entry requirements are lower than Edinburgh and Glasgow

I can only speak for the Scottish unis, but really you have to decide whether you want to study Scots or English law.
Reply 6
Original post by evalilyXOX
Well for Law, Glasgow has a better name than Edinburgh in Scotland. We place above Edinburgh in the league tables.
Although they do have tougher entry requirements.

Strathclyde also gets a great name and they have a fabulous law clinic. They are not as hard to get into and the entry requirements are lower than Edinburgh and Glasgow

I can only speak for the Scottish unis, but really you have to decide whether you want to study Scots or English law.

If i study scottish law but want to be a lawyer in england how do i go about that?
Original post by Banter0113
If i study scottish law but want to be a lawyer in england how do i go about that?

You would have to undertake a conversion course in order to be able to qualify also as an English solicitor.

Remember that Scottish law degrees take 4 years instead of 3 so financially that might be something to consider.

There are a few unis in Scotland (I can only think of Dundee and Strathclyde) that offer dual degrees whereby you will graduate with a Scots and English law degree. That might be of interest to you as it really opens up your job prospects as you can practice in England, Wales and Scotland without the need of a conversion course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending