The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Israeli attacks are extremely disproportionate to Palestinian counter attacks. Do you really believe two small dirt poor prison cells of states could launch an attack of any actual meaning? Israel is a extremely rich and militarily powerful state which has state of the art anti missile cannons, a massive army and armed police force. The 'attacks' by Palestine are like pebbles being thrown and Israels response is a barrage of missiles that kill children and the elderly.Israel is a terrorist state which is illegally occupying Palestinian land by terrorising and attacking people out of their homes. They have already taken vast swathes of Palestinian land far beyond the internationally agreed UN boundaries but yet they want more. What they want is to bulldoze any trace of Palestine out of existence! Oh and then there's the IDF the PSYCOPATHIC brutes who have the idea that Palestinians are rodents ingrained into their minds by Israeli authority. IDF soldiers care NOTHING for women, children, the elderly or the disabled. Just go and watch the videos of filthy swarms of IDF militants overturn cripples wheelchairs or of IDF soldiers beating 70yr olds till they BLEED POOLS OF BLOOD. It's not just Palestinians. They even ATTACK THEIR OWN. They go and fight Orthodox Jews with batons and guns. Their crime? Being humane and refusing to join the IDF. There is no problem with Jews here. Just before I got flooded with 'you're anti Semitic' hate comments I say Jews are good people. It's the filthy Zionist scum who run Israel that are bound for hell. These Zionists don't want peace they want it all. Jews stand up to these people they are against what Judaism teaches. Call them out. We need to hear from inside Israel how the govt. is corrupt. On that note FREE PALESTINE
Original post by Snake_God
Israeli attacks are extremely disproportionate to Palestinian counter attacks. Do you really believe two small dirt poor prison cells of states could launch an attack of any actual meaning? Israel is a extremely rich and militarily powerful state which has state of the art anti missile cannons, a massive army and armed police force. The 'attacks' by Palestine are like pebbles being thrown and Israels response is a barrage of missiles that kill children and the elderly.Israel is a terrorist state which is illegally occupying Palestinian land by terrorising and attacking people out of their homes. They have already taken vast swathes of Palestinian land far beyond the internationally agreed UN boundaries but yet they want more. What they want is to bulldoze any trace of Palestine out of existence! Oh and then there's the IDF the PSYCOPATHIC brutes who have the idea that Palestinians are rodents ingrained into their minds by Israeli authority. IDF soldiers care NOTHING for women, children, the elderly or the disabled. Just go and watch the videos of filthy swarms of IDF militants overturn cripples wheelchairs or of IDF soldiers beating 70yr olds till they BLEED POOLS OF BLOOD. It's not just Palestinians. They even ATTACK THEIR OWN. They go and fight Orthodox Jews with batons and guns. Their crime? Being humane and refusing to join the IDF. There is no problem with Jews here. Just before I got flooded with 'you're anti Semitic' hate comments I say Jews are good people. It's the filthy Zionist scum who run Israel that are bound for hell. These Zionists don't want peace they want it all. Jews stand up to these people they are against what Judaism teaches. Call them out. We need to hear from inside Israel how the govt. is corrupt. On that note FREE PALESTINE

While I don't condone Israel's actions firing rockets at your heavily armed next door neighbor is only going to end one way and that's with them attacking you. Hamas know this and instigate confrontations to try and weaken Israel's standing internationally.
Original post by Truthteller10
The 1967 attack was a cause of growing tensions between Egypt and Israel and Egypt actually mobilised forces around the Israeli border in the sinai peninsula, so it's not as if the attack was unprovoked, and the decisive victory the Israeli's had, albeit a surprise attack was nothing short of legendary.

Several Israeli cabinet ministers and leading generals from the time have conceded that they knew Egypt did not plan to attack, and lacked the capacity to do so anyway. Israel made the choice to go to war. Though, unlike some on the Palestinian side seem to think, they didn't go to war to take the West Bank - the Israeli government wasn't sure Jordan would even join the war - but to humiliate and weaken Nasser.

And like i already said, bickering over who has a right to the Land isn't going to solve anything

While I agree, what's happened has happened and we have to accept the legal
situation, that doesn't make the history not worth discussing, any more than any other history.

the current president of Israel made a proposition that i think the united nations, The Israeli government, Hamas and the PLO should act and listen to

I've actually got a decent bit of respect for Reuven Rivlin, whose statements suggest he's even open to a full one-state solution. But I very much doubt that would be accepted by most of the Likudniks, or even many of the Israeli left.
Original post by Josb
Because Palestine is not a state. Perhaps the other Arab states could stop their infantile attitude and recognise Israel first. How do they expect Israel to negotiate with them whilst they are still at war?

The only Arab state which Israel (in theory - they don't really care) needs a peace treaty with is Syria. It has full peace and diplomatic relations with Egypt and Jordan, and it doesn't hold any Lebanese territory. A Saudi-led proposal in 2002 offered full diplomatic recognition by other Arab states if a full peace agreement was reached, though this is a subsidiary issue - Israel can hardly sincerely argue that it needs to be recognised by Oman and Qatar before it can make a peace deal.

The PLO recognised Israel diplomatically at Oslo, just as Egypt and Jordan had done for their peace agreements. In return, Israel has simply moved the goalposts every time. Firstly, demanding that the PLO must recognise the invented idea of Israel's "right to exist", a concept that does not exist in international law. Then, when the PLO did that, Israel has since changed its demands again. The new ones are:
- That Hamas must recognise Israel - Hamas is a party, not a state or entity with international diplomatic character, and thus can no more 'recognise' Israel (or any other country) than the Lib Dems can.
- That the PLO must recognise Israel's "right to exist as a Jewish state" - in other words, the Palestinians must not merely legitimise their own past dispossession and expulsion, but also legitimise any current and future marginalisation, expulsion and dispossession.
Original post by Truthteller10
The 1967 attack was a cause of growing tensions between Egypt and Israel and Egypt actually mobilised forces around the Israeli border in the sinai peninsula, so it's not as if the attack was unprovoked, and the decisive victory the Israeli's had, albeit a surprise attack was nothing short of legendary.

And like i already said, bickering over who has a right to the Land isn't going to solve anything, the current president of Israel made a proposition that i think the united nations, The Israeli government, Hamas and the PLO should act and listen to

Like Netanyahu is gonna listen...

Rabin's assassination changed a lot.
Original post by queen-bee
Show pics of Gaza,especially during Israeli ground invasions

Poor palestinians. Evil Israelis don't let them unhampered murder of Jews.
Where is the justice? :cool:
Today Israel marks its 68 anniversary.

Original post by admonit
Poor palestinians. Evil Israelis don't let them unhampered murder of Jews.
Where is the justice? :cool:

Murder of Jews? So now every palestinian man,women and child is out to murder Israelis? Please stop being a racist,I can clearly tell you have something about Arabs in general.

But why are you not showing us pictures of Gaza? You choose to show the nice side of things. Where are the homes,schools,mosques,churches places destroyed,families lost. It's so sad to hear stories of just normal everyday people,minding their own business,going to work and then suddenly having their lives completely turned around as soon as Israeli armed forces attack. I watched a documentary on Al Jazeera English about young people who are living in Gaza and other parts of 'Israeli' who have had their lives destroyed. Some are now disable,have lost more than just their mum and dad but other family members too. Israel has been slammed by the world for its injustices several times but they don't care. They want to ethnically cleanse the whole area and want more land
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by admonit

Indeed, what a sad day.
Original post by brainhuman
You conquered the largest empire ever, why would anyone trust you?

And turns out they were right, the British solution to the question what to do the Jews after WW2 was to steal Palestinian land, give it to the Jews and then shortly after simply neglect the duty of monitoring and just buggering off, leaving Israel free destroy the Palestinians.

Give it to the jews? No from what I can gather by watching youtube videos Palestine was at fault from day one they tried taking the jewish heartland of Jerusalem , had a bigger army than Israel and still lost. To resolve the conflict there is two different solutions one more viable than the other and that is Palestine to become its own state which is more probable. Or to get a peace agreement and allow jews christians and muslims live together, but then you will always have to be on tender hooks because Christians and muslims despise each other so do jews and muslims.
Original post by queen-bee
Murder of Jews? So now every palestinian man,women and child is out to murder Israelis? Please stop being a racist,I can clearly tell you have something about Arabs in general.

But why are you not showing us pictures of Gaza? You choose to show the nice side of things. Where are the homes,schools,mosques,churches places destroyed,families lost. It's so sad to hear stories of just normal everyday people,minding their own business,going to work and then suddenly having their lives completely turned around as soon as Israeli armed forces attack. I watched a documentary on Al Jazeera English about young people who are living in Gaza and other parts of 'Israeli' who have had their lives destroyed. Some are now disable,have lost more than just their mum and dad but other family members too. Israel has been slammed by the world for its injustices several times but they don't care. They want to ethnically cleanse the whole area and want more land

Why I should show pictures of Gaza? It's a favorite occupation of Palestinians to show bodies of children after Israeli responses. It is forbidden in Israel and you never see detailed pictures of bodies, nether Israelis nor Palestinians. Your Palestinian brothers like dances on the blood - so ask them.
"suddenly"? After killing three boys and firing hundreds of rockets at Israeli cities? Don't play "I so so stupid".
"Please stop being a racist"? It's not me, it's PEW "racist" shoing that 98% Palestinians hate Jews. It's those Palestinians that one morning decide to go "to kill a Jew" are racist and those who support their "just struggle".
"Israel has been slammed by the world"? Big deal. Since when "the world" cares about Jews? And today Jews take care of themselves. Deal with it.
Arab Nationalism vs. Democracy. Yeah its Israel for me :P
Original post by admonit
Why I should show pictures of Gaza? It's a favorite occupation of Palestinians to show bodies of children after Israeli responses. It is forbidden in Israel and you never see detailed pictures of bodies, nether Israelis nor Palestinians. Your Palestinian brothers like dances on the blood - so ask them.
"suddenly"? After killing three boys and firing hundreds of rockets at Israeli cities? Don't play "I so so stupid".
"Please stop being a racist"? It's not me, it's PEW "racist" shoing that 98% Palestinians hate Jews. It's those Palestinians that one morning decide to go "to kill a Jew" are racist and those who support their "just struggle".
"Israel has been slammed by the world"? Big deal. Since when "the world" cares about Jews? And today Jews take care of themselves. Deal with it.

Because the world already knows the crimes it's committed in Gaza and all the children it's murdered and the the families destroyed,so it doesn't matter if you don't show us because we already know.
Original post by KaminiZindagi
Lebanon is pretty westernized, so please support Lebanon against Israel:redface:

Indeed. :cool:
"There are no exact official numbers about honor killings of women in Lebanon; many honor killings are arranged to look like accidents, but the figure is believed to be 40 to 50 per year."
Original post by Adzkii786
Arab Nationalism vs. Democracy. Yeah its Israel for me :P

No you got that wrong, its Arab Nationalism vs Terrorism. If you will go with terrorism then tough luck.
Original post by admonit

Awww why is your crappy country so young??? let me guess, cuz you guys dominated it.
Reply 236
Original post by anarchism101
The only Arab state which Israel (in theory - they don't really care) needs a peace treaty with is Syria. It has full peace and diplomatic relations with Egypt and Jordan, and it doesn't hold any Lebanese territory. A Saudi-led proposal in 2002 offered full diplomatic recognition by other Arab states if a full peace agreement was reached, though this is a subsidiary issue - Israel can hardly sincerely argue that it needs to be recognised by Oman and Qatar before it can make a peace deal.

The PLO recognised Israel diplomatically at Oslo, just as Egypt and Jordan had done for their peace agreements. In return, Israel has simply moved the goalposts every time. Firstly, demanding that the PLO must recognise the invented idea of Israel's "right to exist", a concept that does not exist in international law. Then, when the PLO did that, Israel has since changed its demands again. The new ones are:
- That Hamas must recognise Israel - Hamas is a party, not a state or entity with international diplomatic character, and thus can no more 'recognise' Israel (or any other country) than the Lib Dems can.
- That the PLO must recognise Israel's "right to exist as a Jewish state" - in other words, the Palestinians must not merely legitimise their own past dispossession and expulsion, but also legitimise any current and future marginalisation, expulsion and dispossession.

I think that every Arab state with a significant number of Palestinians must recognise Israel, not just Syria - which currently cannot do that anyway.

Saudi also expected Israel to accommodate the Palestinian refugees. I don't think it is a reasonable claim. Palestine is already full and cannot have much more new inhabitants. Arab states will have to make efforts integrating them.

I said above that Hamas was very useful for Israel as they use it to justify their unwillingness to do anything as long as Hamas still refuse to recognise Israel.
The demands you list are not extravagant - it's just words. Considering that the Hamas is an important party, they want to be sure that if they get power, they won't be against Israel. In a two-state solution, there will be one Jewish and one Arab states.
The problem is that Israeli take advantage of this blocked situation to continue the settlements, thus undermining the efforts of the moderate Palestinians and giving more credit to Hamas.
Original post by admonit
Indeed. :cool:
"There are no exact official numbers about honor killings of women in Lebanon; many honor killings are arranged to look like accidents, but the figure is believed to be 40 to 50 per year."

That's such a stupid comment to make. What does honour killing have to do with Israels illegal and violent actions in Lebanon?

If you're going to talk about something stupid like honour killing which was only a small number of 40 to 50 why don't you talk about Israeli hatred and violence towards black Ethiopian Jews? How black Jews get aggressively attacked. How Israeli doctors sterilise black women secretly against their will so they can't reproduce.
Guess what that's called ethnic cleansing and Jews do it to blacks in their country as the nazis did to Jews in Germany!

Why don't you talk about how Orthodox Jews are the targets of beatings by the IDF. Why are they the subject of baton bashing? They are humane and refuse to join the terrorist IDF.

It seems people like you on the Israeli side will throw in any accusation to justify Israel's terrorist actions.

It's pathetic 😏
(edited 7 years ago)
I recognise Israel and it's existence. Doesn't mean I condone everything it does though.
Original post by Hamadtype-
No you got that wrong, its Arab Nationalism vs Terrorism. If you will go with terrorism then tough luck.

Regardless, its still "Arab" nationalism agenda. :biggrin: And you really can't call Israel terrorists, if you look at both the social and political statistics. Israel is a democracy, has a living wage and has one of the strongest economies as opposed to Gaza/West Bank. You obviously support Israel because you're an Arab (big-headed mongs) even though Arab co-exist with Israelis in Israel

Latest

Trending

Trending